You Might Be a PvPer If...

GalnarDegana

Comment with your quips, and I'll add them!

You might be a PvPer if...

1. Your regular stats are crap.

2. You have your camera zoomed really, really far out all the time.

3. You subconsciously think “Killing Blow” every time you drop a mob.

4. You turn with a mouse.

5. Your stunbreaker is hotkeyed.

6. You know what is meant by “grass” and “snow.”

7. You are surprised when PvE medpacs don’t heal 30% of your health.

8. You think Operatives/Scoundrels are OP.

9. You get an 80% or higher in the Killer category on the Bartle Test.

10. You look at all of the other classes’ changes in Patch Notes first, so you can view yours with the balance changes in mind.

11. Throw the Huttball is permanently on your skillbars, if it isn’t keybound.

12. You know where ALL of your CC skills are.

13. You have no idea which talents or skills increase or decrease threat.

14. You heal, move, heal, move in regular play.

15. You died to standard mobs because you forgot you were naked for an entire week when the expansion came out.

16. You are disappointed with most of the Updates because PvP is mostly ignored.

17. When they removed skills from the game in Update 2.0, you didn’t even notice, because they weren’t on your bars to begin with.

18. You spend a lot of time on the fleets, dancing around terminals.

19. You instinctively flinch when you hear either the stealth sound or the vibroknife sound.

20. You use in-combat stealth skills so you can use your opener again, only to remember that in regular combat, it resets the mobs.

21. You're playing a pick-up game of basketball and as soon as you see one player on your team with out the most expensive shoes on possible, you insult him and walk off the court

22. You circle strafe around a regular mob, even though it just keeps facing you..

23. Know how to counter every single spec, but for the life of you don't know any boss strategies in Ops.

24. You feel strange if you stop moving while fighting a mob.

25. You haven't done a flashpoint or operation since 1.4

26. The few times you run flashpoints the healer yells at you and says to stay still when attacking mobs.

27. You get knocked back 3 times in a row in PvE and scream that Resolve is broken.

28. It always takes you a second to use your CC break before you realize that your resolve bar is NOT going to fill.

29. You post needless whine threads on the forums based on incorrect information, bloated stats, and little to no understanding of how other classes work...and likely very little of your own class as well.

30. You have no idea what EV, KP, EC, TFB, and S&V stand for.

31. You keep telling yourself that you are going to try a Flashpoint one of these days, but your mouse just keeps automatically moving from the top left to the bottom right of your mini-map.

32. You keep going to bed at 3 AM because warzones are like crack, and "just one more won't hurt me."

33. You think Smash is OP.

34. You remember Ilum's Western Ice Shelf the way it was when people went there to PvP.

35. You discovered the Rakghoul event by getting slimed in a 1v1.

36. You actually own the Outlaw's Den Priority Transport, on all of your toons.

37. You roll alts, not for the story, but for the knowledge on how to beat other classes on your main.

38. You call hacks on bosses that hit you for 15k.

39. You take on 5 mobs while questing and think that you are OP.

40. You consider a class update a much larger change than a new Operation.

41. You regularly state that you beat other players, not because you are good, but because they suck.

42. You get mad even when you win.

43. You call people noobs even in real life.

44. You taunt champions and mass-taunt trash mobs because you want to get protection medals.

45. You don't have any credits.

46. You have the following level-cap stats: Valor - 70+, Social - 1, Alignment - 0, Companions - 2.

47. You finally bought relics at level 50.

48. You kept dying in level 38 class quests because you were still wearing the level 20 PvP gear.

49. You have Ventrilo, Teamspeak, AND Mumble. You also have a dozen or so passwords for random PvP VoIP servers.

50. You instinctively interrupt bosses...even though they are immune.

51. You have no idea what your abilities are called, except 1, 2, 3,...Shift+1, Shift+2...etc.

52. When reading forum posts, you think people may be using the abbreviation for "overpowered" incorrectly.

53. Your instinctive AOE use on packs causes FP rage. You say "my bad". Then do it again. And again...

54. You try to CC bosses.

Edited by GalnarDegana

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comment with your quips, and I'll add them!

You might be a PvPer if...

18. You spend a lot of time on the fleets, dancing around terminals.

I'm pretty sure I do this one more than I actually play the game. :rolleyes:

20. You use in-combat stealth skills so you can use your opener again, only to remember that in regular combat, it resets the mobs.

LOL! I'm not much of a PvP player, but a few weeks ago I ran several zones over a couple of days without much questing, and I actually did this when things became sketchy against a champion (with the intention of shifting the attention to my companion). Major facepalm....

Hahaha; thanks for the laugh!

You circle strafe around a regular mob, even though it just keeps facing you. :D

One day i will run around that mob so fast he will get dizzy and it will let me hidden strike him out of stealth

LOL at some of the comments... in the rare occasion that I PvE I constantly strafe around mobs and bosses and it always takes me a second to use my CC break before I realize that my resolve bar is NOT going to fill.

25. You post needless whine threads on the forums based on incorrect information, bloated stats, and little to no understanding of how other classes work...and likely very little of your own class as well.

Shots fired!

Literally 90% or 95% of these apply to me.

I guess I'm a pvper :p

The few times you run flashpoints the healer yells at you and says to stay still when attacking mobs.

You somehow think that jumping will help you with fighting mobs.

real pvpers never jump, except maybe acid.

Edited by Zunayson

I think 2 FPs and 3 Ops since launch. They're fun once.

I haven't actually ever done an ops. I've done some FP. Based on personal snafus, you might be a PvPer if...

Upon entering a flashpoint as a tank you promptly drop your shield on the healer instead of the DPS.

Imagine the pvers having played only 5 warzones and oPvPed 3 times.

I was a tank and raid leader in another game that shan't be mentioned. 5 nights a week of herding cats and wiping. I swore off it.

Did TFB story mode the night it came out - my guild were begging for another body - and it was fun, especially the Tron boss and end boss.