Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Khaleijo
09.15.2017 , 09:59 AM | #9211
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
Nah, Vet is not that bad... A couple of days ago we cleared it with two people + companions (me - 248 rating sorc with lvl 50 Ranos and 50-something Mara with Vette) when two GF folks felt urge to kill adds during bonus boss fight and left without a word after two wipes.
This week I did half of the Master mode Umbara with a companion healer. The real healer had dropped out before everyone had even zoned in and as there didn't pop a replacement, we just started with a rank 50 companion.
The two DPS were new to Umbara but we agreed, there is nothing wrong about at least trying the bosses we came across.
The first boss we had one wipe, because that shadow kicked Lana from the train at one point, the second try I used my own companion (Rank 50 Pierce) and being the tank myself took better care of the positioning of that kick this time. Another reason to use my own companion was, if he died I would have used stealth to quickly get him back.
At one point the shadow one shot me, but the sorc DPS, just rezzed me immediately and with Pierce coming back with full health then too, we killed the 5% health remaining with the shadow.

Well we just moved on then, still waiting for a healer to join the queue, but no one came.
Then the bonus boss, which honestly I didn't expect to fall, but the others would have at least seen it once, learning what is important there.
To my great surprise we killed it. Again with me dying at one point near to the end and the sorc getting me up fast once more, but a dead boss is a dead boss, isn't it?
The rest of the FP a guild mate healer helped out, so I don't know how well those would have worked. Maybe i'll try another time.

But truth be told most of the time one player dies too with a real healer there, the companion was, at least with those two bosses, as good as any real player healer I have met there so far.
Not diminishing real players here, sometimes people just die and there are a lot of bad burst attacks in Umbara. I just hadn't expected a companion would work that well at all, especially with their sometimes pretty stupid KI, but somehow it did.
#healercompanionstoostrong
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

juliushorst
09.15.2017 , 10:07 AM | #9212
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
I'll take your word for it. Vet and up will be a guild only activity.

That bonus boss being the main issue and the burly brawl on the final boss.
Just asign one player on the boss, one on the adds and you should be fine (the adds don't hit vety hard on vet so it's just a matter of keeping their numbers in check).
We lost Ranos near the end because I failed to pull her out of stupid spot in time but other than that it went smoothly.

xRohanx
09.16.2017 , 11:32 AM | #9213
The Battle of Rishi VM. Lvl 40+ Operative, refusing to do objectives in stealth. Perhaps he does not know how to switch off terminals. He demanded that the group go with him and kill mobs previously. He left the group after that.

JediAkemi
09.16.2017 , 02:16 PM | #9214
Quote: Originally Posted by xRohanx View Post
The Battle of Rishi VM. Lvl 40+ Operative, refusing to do objectives in stealth. Perhaps he does not know how to switch off terminals. He demanded that the group go with him and kill mobs previously. He left the group after that.
I hardly ever get Battle of Rishi on my Operative so I haven't had a good chance to test how easy it is to get the terminals without accidentally picking fights. On my other characters I prefer to keep the team together.
Edit - my point being that I don't know if the Operative was being unreasonable or just overly cautious.

xRohanx
09.16.2017 , 04:38 PM | #9215
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
I hardly ever get Battle of Rishi on my Operative so I haven't had a good chance to test how easy it is to get the terminals without accidentally picking fights. On my other characters I prefer to keep the team together.
Edit - my point being that I don't know if the Operative was being unreasonable or just overly cautious.
I have completed this task many times with my operative. This character can switch off terminals quite easily (like objectives on Tython too), while your group moves forward and waits. It's intuitively simple. You can use your Stealth, Sleep Dart, go behind the terminal and just turn it off. When you can not get behind the terminal (2'd terminal, if I remember correctly) you can use a Sleep Dart (the nearest mob, elite), get on the terminal (jump on it) and turn it off. 3-5 minutes, mission complete. So, I do not understand when an operative is forcing all group to clear mobs, which he can avoid easily.

JediAkemi
09.16.2017 , 07:47 PM | #9216
You can click the button from behind the console?
That's news to me. I'll have to remember that next time I get Battle of Rishi on my Operative.
Last time I tried it, even though I Sleep Darted one enemy, others were still in range when I dropped out of stealth to press the button, and of course they all jumped me. Probably what the Operative in your run was afraid of.

nyrkverse
09.16.2017 , 10:56 PM | #9217
Quote: Originally Posted by xRohanx View Post
I have completed this task many times with my operative. This character can switch off terminals quite easily (like objectives on Tython too), while your group moves forward and waits. It's intuitively simple. You can use your Stealth, Sleep Dart, go behind the terminal and just turn it off. When you can not get behind the terminal (2'd terminal, if I remember correctly) you can use a Sleep Dart (the nearest mob, elite), get on the terminal (jump on it) and turn it off. 3-5 minutes, mission complete. So, I do not understand when an operative is forcing all group to clear mobs, which he can avoid easily.
It's not intuitively simple if you're new or new to stealth. Level 40 hasn't access to SoR yet either so it might very well have been their first time there ever.
ęI'm not cute. I'm deadlyĽ

xRohanx
09.17.2017 , 06:08 AM | #9218
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
You can click the button from behind the console?
That's news to me. I'll have to remember that next time I get Battle of Rishi on my Operative.
Last time I tried it, even though I Sleep Darted one enemy, others were still in range when I dropped out of stealth to press the button, and of course they all jumped me. Probably what the Operative in your run was afraid of.
Sleep Dart to nearest mob (1-3 consoles), hide behind the console and just click console. You donít need click a button, because there is no button, the entire console is clickable. For 2'd Sleep Dart, jump amd click.
Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
It's not intuitively simple if you're new or new to stealth. Level 40 hasn't access to SoR yet either so it might very well have been their first time there ever.
A novice with a Manhunter title, who never did any flashpoint, especially Battle of Rishi? I doubt it. By the way, he could say that itís heís first performance and just take our advice. I learned to play with my group mates and asked them questions. It's just coordination and communication.

JediAkemi
09.17.2017 , 10:25 AM | #9219
Like I said, I hardly ever get Battle of Rishi.

Tharandil
09.18.2017 , 08:46 AM | #9220
3 pugs who joined us on a guild run of ToS (sm). I healed (244 gear). Wiped 6 times on both the underlurker and the commanders because the pugs did not move when the ceiling came crashing down.
Hardly ever used other attacks then the basic ones. The slinger was a pain to communicate with because didn't speak at all via chat.

I don't mind teaching new players tactics, but they should at least know how to use their rotations and try to listen to veteran players when they point out how they could improve their playstyle (in a constructive way of course).
After 6 wipes I've had enough and quit the OPS. No more runs with more then 2 pugs for me...

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg