Rolling On Crystal Alloy

I think there is a lot to be said for the idea that anyone who participates is entitled to roll for any loot that they can use. I understand that in this case he can't use it right now, but I think that is splitting hairs to a degree. Unless you set an expectation ahead of time that he is not eligible to roll on certain items then I think he does. if you set the expectation ahead of time that he cannot roll on certain items then he can choose to come or not. That seems fair to me.

I think there is a lot to be said for the idea that anyone who participates is entitled to roll for any loot that they can use. I understand that in this case he can't use it right now, but I think that is splitting hairs to a degree. Unless you set an expectation ahead of time that he is not eligible to roll on certain items then I think he does. if you set the expectation ahead of time that he cannot roll on certain items then he can choose to come or not. That seems fair to me.

Ya true, up until last night we all agreed that we can all roll need on it, but after he won both in 1 FP, it kinda got to me cause the other 3 people in the run had a use for it that night. So i asked him if he could stop rolling on it for now since he has 3 of them and we have none even though we can use it, and it seems I was asking too much.

That fact that you felt compelled to come here to ask means you really already know what you should be telling him, and action to take if he doesnt listen.

Sucks that someone youve known for so long cant respect the group he runs with, but thats just it, its a lack of respect.

If a pug did it, you would be infuriated, so this IMO is no different.

For a guildie to be doing this is just wrong. For someone that you have known a long time to do this is even worse.

I currently run a rather large raiding guild and I have some RL friends in the guild. These are people I have known since childhood. Regardless of how long I have known them or the fact that they are RL friends of mine, I wouldnt be letting them roll on loot that they cant use at the time. It undermines the integrity of the guild.

For this person to continue to roll need is one thing, for someone with authority in the guild to not call him on it can be even worse at least in the eyes of the other guildies. For the sake of keeping your guild together and not playing favorites I would call him out on it.

Ok let's get a few things straight:

1. This guy is not your friend.

2. This guy is dicking you around, and doing it intentionally.

3. He already admitted to you that #2 is true.

4. The reason he keeps dicking you around is because he realizes you are either too stupid and/or too spineless to do anything about it.

5. He will continue to dick you around and take advantage of you unless and until you grow a backbone and put an end to it.

He is not your friend.

He is not your friend.

He is not your friend.

He is a manipulator who is LYING to you in order to take advantage of you to get what he wants.

If you cannot see that, or can see it but refuse to do anything about it, then you have far, far more serious problems in your life than whether or not a made-up cartoon character in a video game world gets a particular drop.

Is this a non-bound item? If so, then no one should be rolling need on it. It's tradeable and worth money. Therefore it's a GREED item. Period. You can buy them--so buy one and shut up about it.

biometric crystal alloys are BoP and can only be obtained through HM FP or Operations.

He has his crew skills nowhere near 400 and doesn't plan to push it in the near future.

The other party-members have it at 400 and NEED it to craft the Rakata-stims, cubes etc.

So where is the legitimization for him to roll NEED on it?

Do you NEED on a Columi-BH-headpiece because you need the enhancement even though you have a BH who genuinely needs the whole item?

Edited by schnopsnosn

Someone who has been running with you for years should pretty much expect to run with you for years more, across other games. As such, it is in his best interest to pass on this stuff for the people who can actually use it. You guys will have his back when he needs it.

Anyway, sounds like a greedy loot whore. Dump him, find someone better.