I think I just figured out how to have companions on missions also craft 5 items...

AndriusAjax

Technically, while companion is on the mission you can send it to craft, it happened to me many times by accident. However, you can add only one item that way and it will start after the mission is complete.

I hardly think this is an intention, since there is no much logic in this. However, if it's a bug, it's not an important one. I'd personally prefer them not trying to fix this for the pure lack of faith and fear of them messing up crafting/skills.

same companion doing a gathering mission and somehow crafting 5 items at the same time?

Sounds like a bug/exploit to me, and we're meant to report those to Bioware in private, not spread potential cheats in public.

I think what the OP meant was, "I can send 5 companions on missions and then get them to each craft a single item after".

Like Vercundus said, this is a long standing bug that will probably never get fixed because it is simply not worth the effort. It is not like the companion is running the mission AND crafting at the same time: the companion is running the mission and then crafting *A* unit of something.

OP, just my opinion, but sending 5 comps on missions and then having them craft *A* something afterwards is not as efficient as just sending a companion to craft 5 of something and sending the rest on missions.

OP, just my opinion, but sending 5 comps on missions and then having them craft *A* something afterwards is not as efficient as just sending a companion to craft 5 of something and sending the rest on missions.

Except you could then have the ones on missions craft an item afterward which is more efficient again, unless of course you time your relog or sending them out on missions again perfectly as to when they finish the first lot.

Except you could then have the ones on missions craft an item afterward which is more efficient again, unless of course you time your relog or sending them out on missions again perfectly as to when they finish the first lot.

I agree when it is a single companion that we know this bug to exist, but when you actively attempt to apply the bug to 5 or more companions that can get time consuming and less efficient.