Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars; Rebels Season IV

Rebamcfan
03.27.2018 , 05:24 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I didn't read that book. I was going to say that we weren't able to get into Thrawn's head in the original EU either, but that's only half-true...it's the reason why Pellaeon was there, to act as his foil. Here we only had governor price and Rukh, and price was a fairly stereotypical imperial flunky, and Rukh was a one-dimensional version of the Noghri [which I think were never named].
Rukh was portrayed as he was in Thrawn-trilogy until he found out that Thrawn had been using him and his people for his own uses. And Filoni revealed that he is a Noghri, though the species was not identified in tv-series.
Pryce, she was rather mediocore true in that but we did get to see that how big difference there is between her and Thrawn in their ways of thinking and acting.
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

AhsokaTanorules
05.03.2018 , 05:34 PM | #122
Thank God Resistance is coming out. We need Dave Filoni's genius to wash away the cancer Abrams is injecting into this franchise.

wadecounty
05.03.2018 , 11:11 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaTanorules View Post
Thank God Resistance is coming out. We need Dave Filoni's genius to wash away the cancer Abrams is injecting into this franchise.
If anybody can salvage the dumpster fire Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams have started, its Filoni, but I still loathe the entire idea of the First Order and Resistance and badly wish we could have seen what Lucas came up with instead. He was always pretty friendly with EU stuff and I think would have tried to at least respect some of that, also the idea that the New Republic completely flops and becomes the Resistance so quickly is ridiculous and a lame attempt at recreating the Rebels vs Empire situation of the OT.

Luke Skywalker and the movies are still dead to me, but I guess this show could be good.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

MadDutchman
05.04.2018 , 05:23 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
If anybody can salvage the dumpster fire Kathleen Kennedy and Abrams have started, its Filoni, but I still loathe the entire idea of the First Order and Resistance and badly wish we could have seen what Lucas came up with instead. He was always pretty friendly with EU stuff and I think would have tried to at least respect some of that, also the idea that the New Republic completely flops and becomes the Resistance so quickly is ridiculous and a lame attempt at recreating the Rebels vs Empire situation of the OT.

Luke Skywalker and the movies are still dead to me, but I guess this show could be good.
While I agree that they could have gone in a better direction, GL is quite famous for completely ignoring the EU, considering it to be non-existent.

We'll probably never know what could have been, but it is a fair bet it would have still been completely different than what we had in the EU
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.