Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars; Rebels Season IV


nepochop's Avatar


nepochop
03.15.2018 , 02:33 AM | #111
Well I dunno about the ending. I mean, it again leads to more and more story, but the problem is, we know where it goes. Before it was fine cause there was no Episode 7 etc and we didnt know what will happen. Now we know that all the effort the Rebels had were in vain, since after the Empire the First Order arose and it all started again. The destruction was even larger!

Therefore watching these episodes kinda filled me with sadness as I knew it is all in vain. Also, I was really getting tired of these gun fights, I mean they stand 5 meters apart and cant hit each other (and they shoot for like 3 minutes)

Wobath's Avatar


Wobath
03.18.2018 , 01:46 PM | #112
I wonder if we could see Thrawn and Ezra appear in Filoniís next show? I really enjoyed their rivalry between them.
Final episode was the best in my opinion, also moment when The Emperor showed up with real face was really good, or when Ezra saved Ashoka.

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
03.19.2018 , 07:32 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Wobath View Post
I wonder if we could see Thrawn and Ezra appear in Filoniís next show? I really enjoyed their rivalry between them.
Final episode was the best in my opinion, also moment when The Emperor showed up with real face was really good, or when Ezra saved Ashoka.
I'd say it is very likely they will. Filoni loves bringing back fan favourites (and occasionally trolling fans with them)

Personally I thought World Between Worlds was top, mostly because of its implications for the Force and hyperspace. I've been rewatching the season and one thing i noticed is when the wolves transport them to the southern hemisphere it looks like they are in the WBW (their footsteps have the same distortions on the "ground") but on the way back, they are clearly in hyperspace (albeit much slower than a spaceship and includes the same kinds of voices as WBW)
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

redshadowmalacor's Avatar


redshadowmalacor
03.20.2018 , 10:22 AM | #114
The way it ended and at the time have me believing someone from legends who I know very well may come soon... The mortis stuff is exactly why... Mother of the ones, Abeloth. I hope the next series canonizes her.
http://www.swtor.com/r/KgqzR3 if you fancy a referral link I appreciate the consideration

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
03.22.2018 , 05:09 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by redshadowmalacor View Post
The way it ended and at the time have me believing someone from legends who I know very well may come soon... The mortis stuff is exactly why... Mother of the ones, Abeloth. I hope the next series canonizes her.
Honestly I seriously doubt they'll open that can of worms. Abeloth was more than a little controversial.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
03.23.2018 , 06:06 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
Well I dunno about the ending. I mean, it again leads to more and more story, but the problem is, we know where it goes. Before it was fine cause there was no Episode 7 etc and we didnt know what will happen. Now we know that all the effort the Rebels had were in vain, since after the Empire the First Order arose and it all started again. The destruction was even larger!

Therefore watching these episodes kinda filled me with sadness as I knew it is all in vain. Also, I was really getting tired of these gun fights, I mean they stand 5 meters apart and cant hit each other (and they shoot for like 3 minutes)
That's how I feel about TCW in general, and Rebels too.

One interesting thing I saw they did was go back to the idea from the original trilogy that the battle between LS / DS is also a battle between the natural and the technological. In both of the key episodes, the Ghost crew uses animals to fight their battles against unliving machines. In the finale, this is much more explicit where you see
Spoiler


It was a good last season, with a lot of redemptive qualities. I never cared much for the Mortis arcs, but this one did a good job of it. I also heartily disliked the role of the Clone Troopers throughout most of the series; I prefer Traviss' depiction of them [please don't lynch me] telling the Jedi to fight their own damn battles, but there's a scene in the finale that tries to convey some of that, ie. "I'm glad I was able to choose a cause worth fighting for." I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
03.24.2018 , 05:02 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
That's how I feel about TCW in general, and Rebels too.

One interesting thing I saw they did was go back to the idea from the original trilogy that the battle between LS / DS is also a battle between the natural and the technological. In both of the key episodes, the Ghost crew uses animals to fight their battles against unliving machines. In the finale, this is much more explicit where you see
Spoiler


It was a good last season, with a lot of redemptive qualities. I never cared much for the Mortis arcs, but this one did a good job of it. I also heartily disliked the role of the Clone Troopers throughout most of the series; I prefer Traviss' depiction of them [please don't lynch me] telling the Jedi to fight their own damn battles, but there's a scene in the finale that tries to convey some of that, ie. "I'm glad I was able to choose a cause worth fighting for." I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.
Traviss' books were good spin-offs. If you chose to consider them as standalone, separate from the rest of the then canon universe it was a lot easier to look past the blatant inconsistencies. At least until Order 66, then it was just bad.

Begun the derailment has.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Rebamcfan's Avatar


Rebamcfan
03.25.2018 , 11:20 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I disliked how Thrawn was characterized though. Zahn's Thrawn would never have bombarded a civilian population, except as a ruse to compel surrender.
The problem with characterization here is though that we haven't been able to get into his head, unlike in the novel Thrawn which gave us a great insight into his thinking process and more. It should be remembered that time has passed since season 3 and he may have now taken a more ruthless stance on taking down the Spectres after all the trouble they've caused. Knowing his book self though, I think he did not order the bombardment of the civilians lightly but after hefty consideration.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If you liked what I posted, feel free to use my Referral link. ^_^

Alterkai's Avatar


Alterkai
03.26.2018 , 05:53 AM | #119
Other than vader scenes, obi wan scenes the rest of the story sucks, ezra sucks, please no more rebels and plz give some empire perspectives series.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness. In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
03.26.2018 , 06:05 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Rebamcfan View Post
The problem with characterization here is though that we haven't been able to get into his head, unlike in the novel Thrawn which gave us a great insight into his thinking process and more. It should be remembered that time has passed since season 3 and he may have now taken a more ruthless stance on taking down the Spectres after all the trouble they've caused. Knowing his book self though, I think he did not order the bombardment of the civilians lightly but after hefty consideration.
I didn't read that book. I was going to say that we weren't able to get into Thrawn's head in the original EU either, but that's only half-true...it's the reason why Pellaeon was there, to act as his foil. Here we only had governor price and Rukh, and price was a fairly stereotypical imperial flunky, and Rukh was a one-dimensional version of the Noghri [which I think were never named].
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.