PowerTech Max DPS PvP Build

Xpar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why an earth would you use Shield Generator if you aren't using Tank stance?

You can always flip into tank stance in one global. Solo defending a point on ald? flip ion.

Need to run the ball? flip ion

need to guard the ball carrier due to havign a dps heavy team? flip ion.

You can always flip into tank stance in one global. Solo defending a point on ald? flip ion.

If you are running 4/6/31:

1. You won't last very long as your health is lower than proper tanks. You will have terrible firepower as well as you no longer have CGC active on the enemy. IM is your only dot.

2. Run the ball? LOLOL Pyrotechs are awful at running the ball I always try pass as soon as I get the ball. You have no speed boosts, no leap. You are much more useful to the team dropping the number or enemies around. Let the Inquistors or anyone with leap have the ball.

3. Again guarding someone gets you killed too fast, when you could have used that time to take someone out.

If you want to do any of those 3 things, use tbe CP build.

If you are running 4/6/31:

1. You won't last very long as your health is lower than proper tanks. You will have terrible firepower as well as you no longer have CGC active on the enemy. IM is your only dot.

2. Run the ball? LOLOL Pyrotechs are awful at running the ball I always try pass as soon as I get the ball. You have no speed boosts, no leap. You are much more useful to the team dropping the number or enemies around. Let the Inquistors or anyone with leap have the ball.

3. Again guarding someone gets you killed too fast, when you could have used that time to take someone out.

If you want to do any of those 3 things, use tbe CP build.

I prefer the ironfist build, but yeah you are right. Running the ball i am assuming heal support. Guarding is fine if you are beign healed also. ALL excep tthe solo hold on ald is designed to be done when the group is there to support you.

I do sometimes change cylinders to Ion out of necessity, and my damage suffers noticeably. No thanks.

I do sometimes change cylinders to Ion out of necessity, and my damage suffers noticeably. No thanks.

I think the only time I *ever* switch to Ion is if huttball comes down to the last 20 secs of holding the ball and I need a clutch guard or in general slightly more protection on myself.

Edited by exphryl

You can always flip into tank stance in one global.

Actually it is a 1.5 second cast that requires you to stand still.

And to the OP... the hybrid build is far from being "trash". It may not be the spec doing the most damage, but it is absolutely the one racking up the most medals, holding the most points and possessing the most mobility. For objective based PvP, it is amazing. Move a couple points around and you can easily use the same spec for PvP and for tanking HM operations.

If your play style hinges on doing the most damage possible, and winning to you means having top damage or top kills regardless of it your team won or lost the match, I guess I can see where you'd consider the hybrid build inferior.

For a lot of us who love seeing those big green letters spell out VICTORY after each match, and who focus on objectives more than damage done, 21/2/18 is amazing.

Edited by Maggok

Actually it is a 1.5 second cast that requires you to stand still.

And that is not one global cooldown? 1.5 sec = global cooldown.

To be honest i'd trade the ability to instant flip for a 3 second cooldown on all abilities over the channel.

Thats about quivalent to playing an immortal/vengeance hybrid and using stance flip + enrage to rapidly change tactics on the fly with sw (tougher to play but effective gives you access to great tanking and then you cna flip shien for higher damage when ignored.)

• 5 months later...
Because you mentioned it's a max dps build, I'd be getting GAJ over Infrared Sensors. I'd like to give up TD, but it's just too handy for bursting down healers which is usually my highest priority. ED would likely give higher overall damage at the end of the warzone, but yeah.

Yes, killing people so they respawn at their base to merk the carrier just before their score, you sir are genius

by killing the enemy, they will respawn and

it's giving a way for the ball carrier to leap, easier to score, you sir are genius.