Best PvP Build for Powertechs?

Zuesy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMCBiHaocrbETNTWmpzgoqRmquyusvS

Two extra points could potentially go into Combust, but I've learned from experience that they are most useful in Degauss/Infrared Sensors/Gyroscopic Alignment, I couldn't pick one to give up.

Eliminator set because it looks ******... And Pyro centers around Rail Shot.

But mostly because it looks ******.

Yeah, but I've thought about that. Either or, really. Just depends on the situation. Technically, you could also switch Rocket Punch and Rail Shot, but then again you're missing a chance for Rail Shot to CD.

I only use Incindiary Missile first if I know that bursting them won't kill them, and it's best to get the full DOT damage for it to be completely effective.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRRrbRbRzZbsrroZb.1

I havent tried this a lot, but I think this would work if you want survivability. I am going to test it out and do some changes, but you will get both the retractable blade and the bonus damage on your rocket punch (my main dmg is from this ability).

Edit: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRRrbRboMZbsrro0zZb.1

Dropped Jet Speed as I see it as useless when you are already at the target :o

Edited by LiqweedGold

All the time.

Your rotation should typically be Incindiary Missile > Thermal Detonator > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch > Flame Burst or Unload

Something along those lines.

Pvped with the build last night and was amazed at the increase in damage. Getting 100k additional to what I was doing before. I still have the 2 points and haven't decided if I'm going to put it in combust or infrared sensors yet.

All the time.

Your rotation should typically be Incindiary Missile > Thermal Detonator > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch > Flame Burst or Unload

Something along those lines.

Pvped with the build last night and was amazed at the increase in damage. Getting 100k additional to what I was doing before. I still have the 2 points and haven't decided if I'm going to put it in combust or infrared sensors yet.

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMCCxzakaGqssrbM1Nac4***ZqrssvS

^ this is what I've been using for the time being (minus the retractable blade, since I'm only lvl 49...)

Any comments/suggestions on how to improve? At least for now it seems to be working quite well, but I really don't have expertise on the subject :p

EDIT:

Just to elaborate, I mostly open with Incendiary Missile, and then Railshot whenever I can... While of course trying to Flame Burst / Rocket Punch for damage :)

Edited by Inspire-

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMCBiHaocrbETNTWmpzgoqRmquyusvS

Two extra points could potentially go into Combust, but I've learned from experience that they are most useful in Degauss/Infrared Sensors/Gyroscopic Alignment, I couldn't pick one to give up.

Eliminator set because it looks ******... And Pyro centers around Rail Shot.

But mostly because it looks ******.

hey guys

im looking at trying this build as i havent tried pyro yet, just wanted to know what cylinder do you guys use? as i get 3 medals from guard so didnt really want to give it up

hey guys

im looking at trying this build as i havent tried pyro yet, just wanted to know what cylinder do you guys use? as i get 3 medals from guard so didnt really want to give it up

Combustibile.

With detaunts alone you can take all the "tanky medals", only the 50k protection one is kinda hard/impossible to achieve only by detaunting...

Infact I find PYRO spec the best one to farm medals (even tough "Carolina parakeet" spec can achieve the same numbers of medals but slighty with a bit more effort on the damaging side of things.)

Edited by atreyuz

Combustibile.

With detaunts alone you can take all the "tanky medals", only the 50k protection one is kinda hard/impossible to achieve only by detaunting...

Infact I find PYRO spec the best one to farm medals (even tough "Carolina parakeet" spec can achieve the same numbers of medals but slighty with a bit more effort on the damaging side of things.)

yea i play a variation of that spec at the moment and normally get 8 medals a game so dont know if puro is really worth it

yea i play a variation of that spec at the moment and normally get 8 medals a game so dont know if puro is really worth it

8 medals is what I would say "a warzone ended not so good..." in terms of medals gaining.

A pyro PT, played at his maximum , should end every warzone (even the ones where your team loose) with 10-11 medals. (this counting 1 medal from healing)

Add one more medal if you have even the rakata medpac. 2 medals from healing.

And if you can crit over 5k, thats another one...I cant do it atm, as I find berserk buff+adrenals too cheesy.

So yes, IT IS totally worth it to go pyro if you plan on easy medal farming.

Edited by atreyuz

8 medals is what I would say "a warzone ended not so good..." in terms of medals gaining.

A pyro PT, played at his maximum , should end every warzone (even the ones where your team loose) with 10-11 medals. (this counting 1 medal from healing)

Add one more medal if you have even the rakata medpac. 2 medals from healing.

And if you can crit over 5k, thats another one...I cant do it atm, as I find berserk buff+adrenals too cheesy.

So yes, IT IS totally worth it to go pyro if you plan on easy medal farming.

i dont have the med packs and stuff yet.

i think i might swap to it, i used the other spec to be more of a team player but people dont understand how to play this game yet so it just hanicaps me. so not having guard is subsadised by taunt and dmg medals? as i normally get 2-3 from guard per game.

i dont have the med packs and stuff yet.

i think i might swap to it, i used the other spec to be more of a team player but people dont understand how to play this game yet so it just hanicaps me. so not having guard is subsadised by taunt and dmg medals? as i normally get 2-3 from guard per game.

As I already told you all the Medals you are gaining trough GUARD(but the 50k prot one), can be easily achieved trough decent use of AOE/SINGLE target detaunts. And the dmg Medals can be gained easier with a pyro spec ofc.

So yeah for selfish medals farming that should be the best way, especially as a loner.

But you can do the same medals, with a carolina parakeet spec and be more of a team player thanks to GUARD.

(you are basically swapping the 300k dmg medal for the 50k protection one... that said, Carolina Parakeet spec can reach 300k dmg too but not in EVERY watch and so easily as a pyro specced dude.)

Edited by atreyuz

As I already told you all the Medals you are gaining trough GUARD(but the 50k prot one), can be easily achieved trough decent use of AOE/SINGLE target detaunts. And the dmg Medals can be gained easier with a pyro spec ofc.

So yeah for selfish medals farming that should be the best way, especially as a loner.

But you can do the same medals, with a carolina parakeet spec and be more of a team player thanks to GUARD.

(you are basically swapping the 300k dmg medal for the 50k protection one... that said, Carolina Parakeet spec can reach 300k dmg too but not in EVERY watch and so easily as a pyro specced dude.)

which spec would you reccomend for pyro?

The one above which i quoted?

is 31 the way to go then? rather than taking more AP or AT talents?

Well I guess those are more of a play-style kind of skill points. I mean the backbone of the spec is there.

that said with a 31 pyro spec I would go like this

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsZfhrbzGGMs.1

Degauss is nice...but the snare can be re-applied as soon as dispelled to it is kinda meh.

Infrared sensor is decent for the reduced CD on stealth scan...but one can simply live without it.

So Gyroscopic alignment jet is the one I would choose.

And I usuallly also get Energy Rebounder too.

Now that spec have 2 points unspended.I would pick one of these 3:

10 sec less on the STUN cd

15 sec less on the GRAPPLE CD (nice in huttball)

or 4% more fire dmg

Edited by atreyuz