Low-Slash DOES NOT break on damage.

NogueiraA

No, there isn't. Because you're wrong, period.

If your argument made sense I would respond differently,

but all I see is brabbling based on incomplete information and inexperience.

I made a sensible argument and you lost. Take your leave.

Enjoy your delusion.

but the inconsistency of what does happen should not be a thing.

There might be a slight level of inconsistency but you will notice that if you LS someone with a team on them they will never be back up their feet immediately. If you're up against them solo, that's another thing entirely because with the GCD in place you can't dish out another attack before the animation has already mostly gone through.

It's kind of annoying, perhaps they should just hardcode a 2sec hardstun into it instead.

Hell, if people hit your LS target right after the ability itself lands.. it doesn't break at all.

But that isn't going to happen :(

Enjoy your delusion.

Okay ;)

Edited by Evolixe

If it's a 2s hardstun or not, if it's good or not, if people use cc breaker on it... IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Tooltip says: ANY DAMAGE WILL END THE EFFECT PREMATURELY. A-N-Y DAMAGE.... ANY.... DAMAGE. Even if it's a 1 damage dot tick it should break the effect INSTANTLY.

It doesn't work like the tooltip says, end of story.

If they won't fix it, then change the tooltip to "4sec mezz, effect ends after 2sec if takes damage", something like that (english is my 3rd language, sorry for grammar mistakes).

If it's a 2s hardstun or not, if it's good or not, if people use cc breaker on it... IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Tooltip says: ANY DAMAGE WILL END THE EFFECT PREMATURELY. A-N-Y DAMAGE.... ANY.... DAMAGE. Even if it's a 1 damage dot tick it should break the effect INSTANTLY.

If they won't fix it, then change the tooltip to "4sec mezz, effect ends after 2sec if takes damage", something like that (english is my 3rd language, sorry for grammar mistakes).

Okay good talk.

I agree that (if what you are saying is correct) the tooltip should be updated so that abilities are correctly documented. I can see this becoming important when they decide to make class balance changes (as an example). I think you should make a bug report and ask them to update the tooltip (as a form of documentation) so that they can take this ability into account in their decision making wrt to updates, if ever it becomes relevant to them.

Edited by LeglessChair

This bug matters because periodically there are moments where it's a really big deal. You can occasionally secure kills that you might not have otherwise with the small hardstun and it also creates the spike+low slash opener that is the start to a bunch of annoying openers that shouldn't actually exist. Being able to create enough stun by yourself to set up an unmitigated autocrit without even using electrocute is really nice...but it also shouldn't be possible.

If deception were in the top couple pvp specs you'd see a lot more complaining about this bug. It should be fixed.

Edited by yellow_

While I agree using whatever you have to its best effect is skillful play, in this case the RNG aspect of low slash is not skillful. At times it is broken immediately by the first damage tick and you don't have to deal with any recovery animation (essentially free resolve for the player as Exilove said). At time it is broken immediately by the first damage tick and you do have to deal with a short recovery animation (This is sort of a neutral tradeoff as you get roughly a 2 gcd hardstun but the resolve of a 4s stun). Sometimes though the stun persists through multiple ticks of damage and you have a recovery animation (there have been instances where 1 slow slash has essentially hard stunned players for 5s due to how buggy it can be). I honestly don't care which of these should occur (though that last example is terribly broken) but the inconsistency of what does happen should not be a thing.

But it's not RNG. I don't play sin so I don't know the specifics, but if the low-slash is broken within 1 second then the "bug" persists. However, if the player does not break it within 1 second then there is no recovery animation.

But there are a lot of effects and little small details about the game and the abilities in the game that are not in the tooltips but ARE WORKING AS INTENDED. Take defense and dodge chance. If you stun someone through their dcd (like Saber Ward, or evasion) then their chance to dodge is reduced to 0. This effect was never written into the tooltip, but works as intended. Take ability uptime. If a person is capturing a node and has .2 seconds left on the cap I rifle shot to stop the cap. However, if I had thrown a frag grenade, the person would have most likely gotten the cap because frag grenade has a (approximately) .3 second uptime. No where in the tooltip does it say that some abilities are slower than others, however it is working as intended.

Edited by septru

When it will be fixed (or the tooltip updated) can we get phasewalk back plz ? :rak_03:

Anyway, if it's working as intended, fix the tooltip. If it's not, then fix the cc. I don't see why Whirlwind break if you attack the target immediately after the cc while lowslash won't break when you attack one second after the animation connect (don't forget about travel time, it's important), if those are the same effect, of course. If they aren't then change the debuff icon, and change the tooltip.

I think that's all that should be said right now. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Coming back from like a 1.5 year hiatus this low slash is the least of my concerns..it was pretty hilarious to return and seeing Sins/shadows teleporting to targets from 30m out (no PW any longer..too bad so sad), SW/JK blade dancing 20m, and Sorcs/Sages just having even more utility (new PW owners**...poor sins/shadows), PTs/Vs using electro net and Mercs/Mandos just being a wee bit harder to kill.

I should probably take a closer gander skill sets, cause this is just :rak_02 ....

&& Why did we lose our beloved Master Strike anima it was majestic..

Edit: Apologies for bringing this up from its inevitable grave...

Edited by Clasmae