Here is how to fix concealment, Devs pls read.

alienwareguy

You could then apply volatile substance from stealth, then open with backstab and go straight into your lacerations, instead of having to waste a global cooldown to apply substance while your acid blade dot it just ticking away.

That'd be like being able to apply Explosive Probe from stealth back when we had that. No thanks.

Wasnt even aware Concealment needed fixing to be honest

I'd gladly sacrifice some survivability for some more burst to help with killing healers but the real problem is the plague of sorc healers cross healing. The other thing i don't like about concealment is lacerate spam - i'd like to have a little more involving rotation and maybe make the carabine burst a little more reliable(concealment aoe is terrible).

I'd gladly sacrifice some survivability for some more burst to help with killing healers but the real problem is the plague of sorc healers cross healing. The other thing i don't like about concealment is lacerate spam - i'd like to have a little more involving rotation and maybe make the carabine burst a little more reliable(concealment aoe is terrible).

I pretty much agree with this. Talking about this topic last night I wondered whether adding back hidden strike from stealth (as in a separate ability from backstab and lethal strike) would be enough on it's own to bring the burst back to the class.

I pretty much agree with this. Talking about this topic last night I wondered whether adding back hidden strike from stealth (as in a separate ability from backstab and lethal strike) would be enough on it's own to bring the burst back to the class.

Would be great but don't forget that BW doesn't want a "team of stun-locking opperatives to make people unsubscribe" :). Seriously speaking i'm well aware that we'll never be like in 1.0( and we shouldn't be although it was great fun) but the 4.0 concealment operative just seems both over and underperforming - seems like we lost our identity with hidden strike

The main thing concealment needs is it's 30% surge passive reinstated (or buffing the base dmg value of abilities to compensate), and a slight survivability nerf, yeah.

I enjoy our "rotation" how it is now, fairly easy to pick up and maintain, but the class' difficulty has never stemmed from that. I think one way to make the spec flow better in combat is to put a passive in the middle of the tree that makes it to where when you enter stealth naturally (just using stealth out of combat, not vanishing), your backstab, volatile substance, and veiled strike CDs are all reset. This way, you could pop in and out of fights like you used to without having to awkwardly wait for your CDs to be back up. Give us more of that hit and run feel.

For a survivability nerf... I'd say that Shadow Operative Elite should just give a ~50-70% damage reduction buff for 1.5s instead of the complete immunity that we have now. Or maybe even a lower percentage than that, but give us an extra charge of roll? Possibly also immunity to controlling effects, but this way, it wouldn't mess up people's rotations and that is the main source of the QQ atm.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

I encourage you all you go to your warzone training target, apply volatile substance, then combat stealth and proceed to open with backstab. You will see that if one was able to apply the substance from stealth, we would gain a little more front loaded burst when opening from stealth. I cant tell you how many times, despite taking Jarring Strike utility, people instantly turn around, and stun me immediately after opening with backstab then speed away. By the time you manage to catch them acid blade is worn off and you have to detonate volatile substance with corrosive dart.

When attacking from a non stealth position this is not an issues since we can first apply volatile substance then backstab can be used second ensuring that we get a reliable detonation and adequate burst.

I encourage you all you go to your warzone training target, apply volatile substance, then combat stealth and proceed to open with backstab. You will see that if one was able to apply the substance from stealth, we would gain a little more front loaded burst when opening from stealth. I cant tell you how many times, despite taking Jarring Strike utility, people instantly turn around, and stun me immediately after opening with backstab then speed away. By the time you manage to catch them acid blade is worn off and you have to detonate volatile substance with corrosive dart.

When attacking from a non stealth position this is not an issues since we can first apply volatile substance then backstab can be used second ensuring that we get a reliable detonation and adequate burst.

You can sap them, put 2 HoTs on yourself, then use volatile substance and open with a snipe+backstab for the same effect, or just snipe+backstab if you want to save time. You're just doing 25% more damage on your opening hit if you do it from stealth. It is not THAT much of an overall increase.

As for concealment, I think that BW should first look at sorc healers and tanks. The amount of damage tanks do compared to their survivability + ability to guard is insane at the moment. When wzs aren't filled with those 2 the damage doesn't look so bad. Although it could use a bit more burst, this spec is one of the most balanced specs at the moment.

The damage Ops do is fine. The Damage vs how much a sorc can heal is not fine. I would like to see ops with a 20% healing debuff.

As an Op, I feel like i should be able to kill a Sorc Healer 1v1. Even with fully augmented 208 gear, a half-brained sorc can heal through my burst. (and yes, i'm stopping the innervates as much as possible)

The damage Ops do is fine. The Damage vs how much a sorc can heal is not fine. I would like to see ops with a 20% healing debuff.

As an Op, I feel like i should be able to kill a Sorc Healer 1v1. Even with fully augmented 208 gear, a half-brained sorc can heal through my burst. (and yes, i'm stopping the innervates as much as possible)

Crippling Slice originally (in the first datamined patch notes) applied a 50% trauma for the duration. :( rip

• 1 month later...

So wait...you can solo every class in the game except healers and you want that too?

WOW the entitlement from the concealment community is mind boggling.

So wait...you can solo every class in the game except healers and you want that too?

WOW the entitlement from the concealment community is mind boggling.

I dueled a competent sorc healer from my guild, the rules were he could not move, could only use two heals (i forget the names sorry) and bubble. Interrupted whenever possible, lined up burst to try and just finish them off, got him to bubble after about 10 minutes and he was above 50% health for the majority of the time. Not claiming to be the worlds best operative but I can pull 4k DPS in PvP and their survivability seems a little over tuned to me - especially when you consider that was with zero kiting, reduced abilities and no phase walk.

I'd love to see a healing debuff added to acid blade, been asking for it for years now. Other abilities might need to be tweaked to make sure we're not OP but I think the suggestion is certainly worth discussing.

now almost all burst classes have a heavily spammed ability..lacerate is one of the coolest too.

volatile substance from stealth will just mean that people will pop dcds once they see the debuff and so cheese it or drastically decrease the ops opener..