Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Hero of Tython and the Jedi Council (spoilers ahead)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Hero of Tython and the Jedi Council (spoilers ahead)

Townowi
12.29.2019 , 08:27 AM | #1
One thing that bugs me after I played the Knight story into 6.0 is that the Hero of Tython was, assuming he was a Loyalist, given a seat on the Jedi Council only in 6.0, while the Consular was given such at the end of the vanilla story. I'm not sure the JK would be given a Jedi Council seat after the Meridian Complex arc ends if he was a saboteur.

Why wasn't he given a Council seat at the end of Yavin, or at the end of Ilum? One would think the Hero of Tython is the main public figure of the Order aftet Ilum, or Yavin, ends...

adormitul
12.29.2019 , 10:08 AM | #2
There is no jedi council in 6.0 so he is not given an place probably will when there will be one which it seems he will create. But being famous and powerful does not mean you are good for the jedi council. Councilors have to do an lot of administrative stuff and will take time from the hero of tython from doing field work where is the best at among the jedi.
That is what I thought the reason was but at the end if shadow of revan he is made the battlemaster of the order which is an position that trains jedi in lightsaber combat so that takes time from field activities.
So I guess the reason was the consular blocked him because he was jealous of the hero of tython. First it took the opened place then he blocked future accessibility to the council so consular will not be outshine.

Townowi
01.02.2020 , 07:03 PM | #3
Let's not forget the Order is much more depleted at the end of 6.0 than at the end of vanilla, or even at the end of Yavin.

Quote: Originally Posted by adormitul View Post
There is no jedi council in 6.0 so he is not given an place probably will when there will be one which it seems he will create. But being famous and powerful does not mean you are good for the jedi council. Councilors have to do an lot of administrative stuff and will take time from the hero of tython from doing field work where is the best at among the jedi.

That is what I thought the reason was but at the end if shadow of revan he is made the battlemaster of the order which is an position that trains jedi in lightsaber combat so that takes time from field activities.
You may as well be asking about how the Consular juggles the field duties required of post-vanilla stories and a Council seat; the same would apply to the Hero of Tython as a Councillor in 6.1 and beyond.

Other Councillors, in vanilla, attended meetings by holocomm at times, so that we know at least some of them were doing field duties also.

Quote:
So I guess the reason was the consular blocked him because he was jealous of the hero of tython. First it took the opened place then he blocked future accessibility to the council so consular will not be outshine.
Jealousy on the Inquisitor's part would probably explain why the Warrior didn't join the Dark Council at the end of vanilla.

Given how many of the Consular's known plot holes require a specific alignment to come into play (almost all of the alignment-dependent plot holes become apparent if you choose dark options), I have serious reservations about a Consular being jealous of another high-profile Jedi of similar power pre-KotFE.

MadDutchman
01.02.2020 , 10:39 PM | #4
Let's see... a Jedi who is calm, collected, a proven diplomat, healer and historian (and just a little bit boring, that seems to be a quality for the council)

vs.

A Jedi who is really good at sticking lightsabers into people.

I think the positions they ended up with (councilor and battlemaster) are entirely appropriate
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

casirabit
01.02.2020 , 11:36 PM | #5
Don't forget the the Jedi Knight for awhile was under the influence of the emperor and it was said she/he had done some things that might have been the reason at the end of Chapter 3 they were not offered a seat. It could have been that the council was not convinced after all that the Jedi Knight should be on the council at that point in time.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

mountiandewkills
01.10.2020 , 05:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Don't forget the the Jedi Knight for awhile was under the influence of the emperor and it was said she/he had done some things that might have been the reason at the end of Chapter 3 they were not offered a seat. It could have been that the council was not convinced after all that the Jedi Knight should be on the council at that point in time.
I really want to know what he/she had done. I mean even orgus says I think in SOR that the jk did alot of damage and has alot to make up for ( can't exactly remember what he said as its been years since I played the JK story)
Why doesn't someone just bring a big thing of bug spray to alderaan and take care of the kilik problem there?.

dcaleb
01.12.2020 , 10:30 PM | #7
Jedi look at more then *** kicking prowess when it comes to determining who is a good fit for a council seat. Just because you are amazing at destroying the enemies of the order doesn't mean you are going to be someone who is good at running said order.

Townowi
01.28.2020 , 11:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Let's see... a Jedi who is calm, collected, a proven diplomat, healer and historian (and just a little bit boring, that seems to be a quality for the council)

vs.

A Jedi who is really good at sticking lightsabers into people.
The Hero of Tython had opportunities to do stuff other than sticking lightsabers into people, beasts or machines. While the Hero feels more "living-weapon" than the Consular, the Hero had some opportunity to exert leadership (namely, on Corellia). True, these opportunities are different in nature, but that's not to say that the JK had no opportunity to display non-martial abilities as relevant for leadership positions.

MadDutchman
01.28.2020 , 07:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Townowi View Post
The Hero of Tython had opportunities to do stuff other than sticking lightsabers into people, beasts or machines. While the Hero feels more "living-weapon" than the Consular, the Hero had some opportunity to exert leadership (namely, on Corellia). True, these opportunities are different in nature, but that's not to say that the JK had no opportunity to display non-martial abilities as relevant for leadership positions.
Except their main leadership accomplishment on Corellia was still martial in nature, leading a group of assorted fighters from the front line
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

adormitul
01.29.2020 , 06:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Except their main leadership accomplishment on Corellia was still martial in nature, leading a group of assorted fighters from the front line
What do you think the Consular did? The alliance he created was because the consular put himself on the front line for the alliance members and on Corellia he did fought on the front lines with said alliance. The only difference between the 2 was that the consular managed to act as an diplomat more and was not brainwashed and his actions did not save the jedi order and the galaxy or did anything on that scale. I wonder if he was chosen on the jedi council because his feats where not so big compared to the jedi knight and his word carried less weight as he did not do bigger things then others on the council.