Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yuuzhan Vong Story arc

Jason_Olin
05.24.2016 , 08:32 PM | #21
In my opinion, the Vong have no place in TOR. They are an alien race I loved to hate. Each victory they had made me sad, every defeat made me cheer. I KIND of understand the hate they get, but for me it was an epic ride through a very turbulent war. On the subject of the series over all and the EU in its entirety, I'm kind of biased as I have every book in the old EU and a good number of the comics as well. All of them (minus Karen Travesty's later writing) are 100000000 times better than the **** pile that is Episode 7 and the books surrounding it. I cant wait to watch Rogue One to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

I love SWTOR for many reasons... one of which is that this game is the last bastion for old EU lore.
"Murderer?! Is it murder to rid the galaxy of you Jedi filth?"---General Grievous

DarthDymond
05.24.2016 , 08:46 PM | #22
I could get on-board with a one-off FP or a pair of linked ones (like Kaon / Lost Island or the CZ-198s) centered on a Vong advance ship that reached the GFFA a few millennia ahead of their main fleet (particularly since KOTOR had a reference to a Corralskipper). But I really don't think a whole plot-line devoted to the Vong would fit in SWTOR.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

MadDutchman
05.24.2016 , 09:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
I enjoyed most of the New Jedi Order series, but nothing set after it. Dark Nest Travesty (I mean Trilogy) was 98% garbage, with only the scenes of Luke finding recordings of Anakin & Padmé in R2-D2 even vaguely readable. Legacy of the Force was beyond pathetic (despite some good laughs in Alston's books), with everyone having to misplace their brains for it to go past book three. Never read any of Fate of the Jedi, and everything I have heard about it tells me I'm better off for not reading that set. Never read any of the comics either, so can't comment on those.

I may like the Vong, but having them suddenly invading thirty-six centuries early would feel so very wrong. I'd much rather an expansion to Empire at War that lets me fight them in the correct time period.
Fate of the Jedi actually has some good stuff in it, it just has one massive gaping flaw that is Abeloth. And this is coming from someone who actually liked the Mortis arc on TCW.

And if you want to play with Vong, check out the Sins of a Galactic Empire mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion. Lets you play as Republic, CIS, Empire, Rebels, New Republic and Vong. I think they're even working on TOR era Republic and Empire
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

JediAkemi
05.25.2016 , 01:20 PM | #24
I had no idea that was even an option. Not heard of that game before.

Jedi_riches
05.26.2016 , 02:34 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
I enjoyed most of the New Jedi Order series, but nothing set after it. Dark Nest Travesty (I mean Trilogy) was 98% garbage, with only the scenes of Luke finding recordings of Anakin & Padmé in R2-D2 even vaguely readable. Legacy of the Force was beyond pathetic (despite some good laughs in Alston's books), with everyone having to misplace their brains for it to go past book three. Never read any of Fate of the Jedi, and everything I have heard about it tells me I'm better off for not reading that set. Never read any of the comics either, so can't comment on those.

I may like the Vong, but having them suddenly invading thirty-six centuries early would feel so very wrong. I'd much rather an expansion to Empire at War that lets me fight them in the correct time period.
I also enjoyed the NJO series, I did not like what the writers did with Jacen after the end of the series.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

TalonVII
05.26.2016 , 06:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Fate of the Jedi actually has some good stuff in it, it just has one massive gaping flaw that is Abeloth. And this is coming from someone who actually liked the Mortis arc on TCW.

And if you want to play with Vong, check out the Sins of a Galactic Empire mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion. Lets you play as Republic, CIS, Empire, Rebels, New Republic and Vong. I think they're even working on TOR era Republic and Empire
Fate of the jedi could of been written without Abeolth and been good. I just don't like how between the writers it felt like I was constantly changing gears.

Why I like the x-wing books so much, 1 writer 1 direction.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

DarthDymond
05.26.2016 , 07:39 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Fate of the jedi could of been written without Abeolth and been good. I just don't like how between the writers it felt like I was constantly changing gears.

Why I like the x-wing books so much, 1 writer 1 direction.
Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston were the same person this whole time?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Tahirikaz
02.22.2020 , 03:42 PM | #28
The Yuuzhan Vong are mentioned in the first KOTOR. Canderous Odor mentions an Extra-Galactic Race scounting along the Rim.

Zehal
02.22.2020 , 05:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Coruscantbound View Post
Since Disney disney'd Star Wars, flippantly tossing out YEARS of novels and storylines and character developement (a rant for another time), one thing that I'd truly LOVE to see is the appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong. In the novels, they proved to be a very hard challenge to the Jedi of the time. I think that it would be a great story arc for SWTOR. Thoughts anyone?
I don't think is possible because of the time gap... Unless they introduce "The World between Worlds" that is canon... because of how it was mention or explain to work... with something like that in game, they could even have us interact with Old KotOR (of previous games) story lines or even far in to the future to the 1-6 (or even to 7-9, omg can you imagine romancing Ben, Ray, Finn haha xD) famous canon timelines or deep into Legends against Abaloth and all that ancient history we Legends fan love... Basically limitless or timeless story chapters. Meet Luke from Legends and Luke from canon 1-9, even a mix of realities... you know crazy stuff like that... (I think)

Beyond that I really have no idea how SWTOR could get away with jumping that many years... then again at this point we don't really know how far THIS games story will go... or if it will ever have enough support to pop-out content.

I love this game so I'm keeping my fingers cross, hope for the best for the community of supporting players and the team of devs that are hard at work giving us such good RPG story content. Both of them make this game so much fun! (IMO)

Alpha_Phill
02.27.2020 , 04:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahirikaz View Post
The Yuuzhan Vong are mentioned in the first KOTOR. Canderous Odor mentions an Extra-Galactic Race scounting along the Rim.
I... I never considered that those might be the Yuuzhan Vong, holy ****.

You know, i was gonna go on a rant how, regardless of how much i like or dislike the Yuuzhan Vong arc, they simply wouldn't fit in SWTOR since they appear several thousand years in the future, but if what Canderous described could actually be them, then it could actually make sense.

Imagine, suddenly you get reports of several sightings similar to what Canderous described, you are sent to investigate, and it turns out to be a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet. If something like this does get implemented, i would prefer it be on a smaller scale, not a galaxy-wide conflict. Restrict it to one or a couple outer rim systems, and your mission is to destroy the fleet before they leave the galaxy and call the cavalry, all the while trying to keep the war a secret from the rest of the galaxy to avoid all-out panic in an already war-torn and chaotic time.

They would make an excelent enemy as they would prove a challenge for both force users and "normal" people, so nobody would feel out of place.

The more i think about this the more i like the idea.