Community Q&A: June 1st, 2012

I cannot stress how ANGRY I am to see that pvpers are having the rug pulled out from under them yet again.

You mean pre-made groups because for the non_guilded-pugger-player with random free time windows the ranked warzones will be: please gank me(us) plenty.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean pre-made groups because for the non_guilded-pugger-player with random free time windows the ranked warzones will be: please gank me(us) plenty.

Wow, usually takes a bit, but here we are: full daily dose of hyperbole in one post!

The entire point of Ranked Warzones is for teams to practice and perfect their art and teamplay. Want to just PuG? Queue up for regular warzones. It's pretty amazing to me that people think that rankings and pugging are even remotely compatible.

"Screw you, Artificers" is all I gleaned from that.

Don't all weapons in the game have a color crystal slot? That means your crafting skill is being used by everyone who wants a custom weapon of any kind through the majority of the current content( now they do need to release some new crystals to beef up this skill, granted). Also lets not forget Enhancements, arguably one of the most important mods slots as far as versitility of stats goes, is made by artificers, and is used in pretty much EVERY crafted or moddable piece of gear.

Now you may be asking yourself, what does this have to do with Endgame gear, well, crafted gear, in my experience, has always only been a means to an end and was not intended to replace the gear you got from hard modes, only get you closer to the point you need to be at, to get that end game gear.

So lets point our laser's at something more constructive, like improving the things that we are already good at, give us more custom lightsabers, give us more color crystals, give us rare enhancements, offhands that actually provide a visual effect for your character ( wish list ) like a glow around your fist, lightning that occasionally flickers around your body , or, if your feeling really spiffy, and I know this is gimicky, but I am a sucker for pets, give us some BoE crafted pets, like floating crystals or relics, maby even a force ghost that follows you around!

:csw_deathstar:

Edited by MalphusSkorm
Sig

No, I mean all players. Unguilded pugs will have it even worse because they will be getting steamrolled by full 8 man premades. The point I was trying to make is ranked warzones were supposedly pulled from 1.2 because they didn't want to release it until they were ready. Releasing ranked warzones with the current small pools of players will still be unfinished unless all pvpers miraculously migrate to a handfull of servers. So, short of closing down about half the servers and having players migrate over, pvp will still be broken except now we have an even smaller community because a lot of players that resubbed for 1.2 left when it was pulled at the last minute. They probably won't be back because I know I would have felt cheated had I resubbed for content that wasn't there.

No, I mean all players. Unguilded pugs will have it even worse because they will be getting steamrolled by full 8 man premades. The point I was trying to make is ranked warzones were supposedly pulled from 1.2 because they didn't want to release it until they were ready. Releasing ranked warzones with the current small pools of players will still be unfinished unless all pvpers miraculously migrate to a handfull of servers. So, short of closing down about half the servers and having players migrate over, pvp will still be broken except now we have an even smaller community because a lot of players that resubbed for 1.2 left when it was pulled at the last minute. They probably won't be back because I know I would have felt cheated had I resubbed for content that wasn't there.

"Miraculously"? It's not like they'll have a choice. Server consolidation usually means low-pops getting shut down. It's move it or lose it.

Which is happening before 1.3.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Iracaelestis: Currently, crafting missions have a chance to drop schematics from the opposite faction. Given the uselessness of these schematics for the crafting player’s faction, combined with a cumbersome and intentionally difficult means of trading with the opposite faction that's not being used, what is the justification for this and are there any planned changes for the future?

Daniel: They are an intended part of the system and are there to cause cross-faction interaction which will soon be much easier as we finish out the last few steps and the Hutts formally take over all of the GTN terminals in the galaxy.

Please, allow TWO-FACTION (Reps & Imps) armor preview window... Or at least 2-faction icons in Auction UI at the same time (via Options?)

I hate to BUY armor at Imps auction,and send it to my Reps alt... Just to see what it looks :(

I've been reading the posts in the community forum for a number of months now and this will be my first post. The vitriol spewed on these forums is unbelievable. I find this game highly entertaining and it is obviously a work in progress. Developing and implementing new technology is not as easy as using the Force and making it happen. The Community Managers are doing their best to keep the community informed. Are the posters on these forums really so narcissistic as to think that their posts "are what everyone wants?" The changes many people want (cross server warzones being a prime example) will come in time. Be patient. Enjoy gaming in the Star Wars universe. At the end of the day, if you can't afford $15 a month subscription for a game perhaps it is time to find a new hobby or a better paying job. In conclusion, thank you to the community managers for keeping us informed about upcoming content. This is a great game already and I look forward to even more improvement (including those pesky cross-server warzones) in the coming months.

Cheers to you Bottcobco! I feel 100% the same. I find it funny that I have had such positive experiences with other players in game, yet if one only read forums, one would believe this game is full of raving lunatics :rak_03: We seem to have here a self selecting group and not a true representation of the "community" as it were. Loving my time in game too, and looking forward to the improvements as they come along.

I was really hoping for cross server PVP as I am really sick of the same 24 people focus fire me every single match.

It really is no fun to fight the same team you know for the last 5 months you do not have a chance in hell of beating.

HOLY $^%# there are 24 people PVPing on your server???? You lucky SOB. Most of us can only DREAM of 24 people PVPing.

When are you guys gonna learn that email support does not always work and that problems can not be fixed that way. Most of my tickets are issues never fixed and tickets closed. WHY?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I spent money on this and get 10 days credit for some idiot that can not answer questions all the time.

Holy god you guys can be rude. I have some concerns about the game as well, but since i'm calm and collected maybe I can't understand that anger.. I look forward to anything new they will throw at me.

I think once they get these rabid PVP people happpy they really need to start working on more chapters. get those voice actors back to work.

It seems right now they're spending a great deal of time focusing on PVP and this game is not about PVP. it's a mini game added for when your bored.

PVE needs help, and I hope they don't start using these ghostly metrics to start Nerfing us because of PVP again. you guys really need to make one mega PVP server and add special rulesets to it and leave PVP optional for those of us who just want some PVP fun.

Good to see they still want to talk to us. with all the crazy post I see when I stop playing and risk my life to view the forums.

Thanks BW keep us in the loop guys.

BW I don't care about rated warzones and never will. this is not an e-sport

Holy god you guys can be rude. I have some concerns about the game as well, but since i'm calm and collected maybe I can't understand that anger.. I look forward to anything new they will throw at me.

I think once they get these rabid PVP people happpy they really need to start working on more chapters. get those voice actors back to work.

It seems right now they're spending a great deal of time focusing on PVP and this game is not about PVP. it's a mini game added for when your bored.

PVE needs help, and I hope they don't start using these ghostly metrics to start Nerfing us because of PVP again. you guys really need to make one mega PVP server and add special rulesets to it and leave PVP optional for those of us who just want some PVP fun.

Good to see they still want to talk to us. with all the crazy post I see when I stop playing and risk my life to view the forums.

Thanks BW keep us in the loop guys.

BW I don't care about rated warzones and never will. this is not an e-sport

They are focussing so much on PVP because suprisingly enough The majority of the player base participates in warzones and PVP of some shape or form. This was mentioned at the guild summit. i have never once commented that they do not need to help PvE and never have i said that all this PVE is useless.

I havent run into a post that said anything like this. That being said while i do not enjoy your play style, i think that all aspects of the game deserve a look. your condescending attitude towards pvp and pvpers in general makes you just as bad as the worst elitest pvper.

Your friendly neighborhood calm and collected PVPer

Edited by Retro_Chrome

O.k initially I was in agreement with that entire post. But then I thought, with these server merges/transfers cross server pvp may not be needed at all. I expect there will be 5-8 servers per region tops. All bustling with activity. But then I woke up and got angry again because I just logged on my server to find I am the only one on fleet and a whopping total of 41 on the entire server.

How?

Here is the problem with that logic. Current server population is about 300 active at once. This isn't a solid number, but it's as good as any to go with and seems to fit with what we are all are experiencing. You can goggle the methodology used to get that number, it's pretty well known and current.

The number of people needed to get a reasonable server que going is about 2000, based on launch data and the current population of servers where this happens. Fatman, for context, has about 2400 on at once prime time. To have a que that is also going off of prime time that number would need to be about 4000.

So everyone gets offered a server transfer with 1.3. That's great! Except that the entire population of 8 to 14 servers would need to move to the SAME server to get things back to the way they were a launch.

This also means for every server "saved", 8 to 14 are destroyed.

There is also the problem of "shifting". This means that, by random chance, the same number of people that move to a server will move from a server.

The only way to prevent shifting is a very short list of servers you can transfer to, and a short list of servers you can transfer from. This means 90% of the plans people have post 1.3 will not work; your friends can't come in join you on a mid population server (you can't move to anything but light), you wont be able to move to fatman, you wont be able to move all the light EU servers to the same server (people on light servers will not be able to move). If you CAN do any of this, then the system will fail as it will simply be shifting. So it's lose lose.

Basically the only thing that WILL work is shutting down servers at about a 10 to 1 ratio.

Edited by lexiekaboom

How?

Here is the problem with that logic. =

Basically the only thing that WILL work is shutting down servers at about a 10 to 1 ratio.

The problem with your logic is you pulled that number randomly out of your a## and went from there.

Que is same as it EVER was for me during prime-time. I got like 900+ hours logged just in WZ, so I know about doing a que.

The real problem is;

people like to win. To stack odds in their favor they have to que group. To que group they will have to wait.

Once our guildy wanted to finish her WZ daily before going with us to HM. She was in group que with us. I said "okay ALL DROP GROUP AND QUE SOLO", 10 seconds later pop.

If you think rated is going to solve anything think again. You gonna have long que times, especially those that try to get all 8 guildies into their match. Not to mention when only 4 of them make it and they leave WZ they leave four of their factionmates vs 8 of the other team. That is how you end up with like 3 vs 8.

Best way to get constant pvp, is to just que solo, and know when other's queing solo that are GOOD will be around. Find yourself getting rolled cuz newbs on your team? Go do something else and come back later, alt or log your repub and go kill the newbs!

That is my conclusion. All naysayers and negative nellies are ungreebly. Therefore cannot be give the blessing of the Grobble!

May the Grobble be with you!

So just a suggestion for the developers : I think a cool Legacy item that could be added is the ability to get Purple and other higher level crystals at an early level once you have reached level 50 with 1 or 2 characters :) just a suggestion