Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Ignore is a Bad Idea

DarkTergon
10.24.2020 , 08:03 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Here's one negative of legacy ignore:

Last night I was in a flashpoint and one player seemed to be afk, or just hanging back. Someone started a vote_kick on the player, but being the laid back guy I am, I voted "no".
Then the player left, I think before the vote even ended**.
Shortly thereafter I got a whisper from the player saying something about how nasty I was to kick them out. I tried to respond with "I voted no", but the player had blocked me. 😏
So now my whole legacy - some of the most easy going characters to group with, imho - is blocked by that guy. 🙂

Note - @ that player, if they happen to read this - anyone can start a vote_kick - not just the "leader".
Don't quit the group until the vote ends. 😏
Don't block someone until they have at least one chance to respond to your whisper. 🙄

** as usual, I was in no condition to pay close attention. 😉

P.S. Don't get the wrong impression. I'm actually in favor of Legacy ignore, but it can be unfortunate some times.
They may or may not be a decent player., maybe they were having a bad day, or perhaps they are 'that' person all the time. But if he's going to send a message like that, then block you before you respond, then it's his loss.

I've always been in favour of legacy ignore. It will have teething problems, and sometimes unintended consequences, but hopefully not too much.
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-E63guCro Fun SWTOR Video
Click for goodies

xordevoreaux
10.24.2020 , 08:18 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
But if he's going to send a message like that, then block you before you respond, then it's his loss.
Agreed. Absolutely juvenile behavior.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

DarthPrimus
10.26.2020 , 03:05 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Probably started that way, but decent people hijacked it, and had some interesting convos in it, so it doesn't really matter. If the admins aren't going to remove it as a <Redacted> post, nothing wrong with us chatting about the ingore feature, and having fun
You make a fair point. It's really turned into more of a conversation between everyone else about why they support the function and not really even acknowledging the OP anymore. Carry on, then, I say!
"We're making progress. Things are getting worse at a slower rate."
Eventide Gaming Network
Referral link? Why yes, I have one of those right HERE for you.

Tsillah
10.26.2020 , 03:09 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPrimus View Post
You make a fair point. It's really turned into more of a conversation between everyone else about why they support the function and not really even acknowledging the OP anymore. Carry on, then, I say!
Besides, the OP didn't bother to reply to anyone in the past 5 days since he started the thread so it's fair game I say.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB