So BW can we expect iconic Jedi outfits anytime soon ? -eric- ?

Lord_Karsk

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind some robes.

While I dont openly RP I do have a character built up in my head. When hes traveling from warzone to warzone hes got his Ven Zallow/Kao Cen Darach Armor on but Id really like some traditional robes to 'meditate' in whenever I go to the Fleet or if I decide to revisit Tython for whatever reason.

None of the robes in game besides the Intro Video inspired Armor even interest me as they dont feel 'Jedi' like in the least. With all the extra clips, armor attachments (the shoulder padding on medium armor robes for Jedi Sent), the cris-crossing straps, and the random accessories. And dont get me started on the pants.

I can understand the armor that we see in the Intro Videos. Theyre fighting a war and its better to have cumbersome armor on rather then catching a blaster bolt you were unable to block due to numerous possible reasons. But most of the armor/clothing choices for Jedi in this game make me shake my head.

All the while Smugglers get cool bomber jackets, Troopers get their Armor that seems to be 3000 years ahead of its time, and the rest seem to get some choices that are better fitted to their class.

I just don't understand why some people are so adament to get exact replicas of the movie outfits in-game.

You can easily make your own jedi outfits that are very similar to the movie ones.

As for your points:

1) You don't have to wear tight pants. You don't have to wear pants at all really. (also, the movie outfits have semi-tight pants, sure not skin-tight, but still not baggy pants. And they are tucked into the boots so all you basically see is the knee)

2) yeah, must be rough on you having that belt outside the robe...

3) Also, pretty nitpicky (like the 2 first points).

To compare to the other classes, if these 3 points are your main complaints, then you got off easy.

The other classes have nowhere near the ability to look like their "role models" from the movies.

You try to get a decent looking Boba/Jango Fett, Clone Trooper or Smuggler.

Good luck.

I'll be able to pick out 10 things that are hugely different from the movies on each one.

The reason I even comment on these demands (because they are not requests, they are pretty much demands) is because they are so damned petty.

Seriously. Listen to yourselves for a second here.

"The pants are too tight. The sleaves are too short. The belt is on the outside of the robe."

Relly?

I'm surprised you arent complaining about the boots being too short too since obi-wans boots go all the way up to the knee.

Do you really need to create a clone of the jedi in the movies to be able to enjoy the game?

If you do, then there is something seriously wrong here.

I see people playing bounty hunters, smugglers, troopers and sith without feeling the need to look exactly like they did in the movies.

They are satisfied with looking pretty close but still different.

I have to say, page after page youve gone to great lengths to argue against something that can in no way effect or harm your gaming experience. Youve spent a decent amount of time trying to derail the efforts of those interested in this for no other reason than to either troll or because you have an inherent need to argue with others.

How in the world is these traditional Jedi robes causing you so much frustration that you NEED to battle it out with those asking for it?

Heck..Ive seen no one state they need to be free, no ones stated they shouldnt go on the CM, no one has argued that Jedi dont wear armor as youve accused people of stating. Theyve only commented that traditionally Jedi dont typically use armor and that even in the promotional work from Bioware most of the Jedi wear little to no Armor and that they are indeed wearing nothing more then robes.

As a Community Manager has already stated, theyre working on it. So your arguments against those in support of this is futile. And theres no telling if the Developers took note of what was being asked or if they felt there wasnt enough traditional Jedi wear in the game. But its likely that both influenced their decision to do so.

Claiming that theres gear in game that is similar enough for you to accept doesnt mean that thats the final word on it or that everyone else should follow your cue. Its Star Wars, and more importantly its the Jedi. People interested in RPing or simply looking the part are going to be critical of this. And they SHOULD be as the Developers can just as easily go off the beaten trail entirely and start adding all sorts of craziness as if they havent already. This game is just as much ours as it is Bioware/EA/LucasArts as we the customers can demand/request/refuse things regarding this game.

Theres nothing objectionable about the robes. Theres absolutely no reason to argue it in any sort of manner besides the need to feel as if youre standing between someone and what they want.

Id give you some advice to give it a rest but I know already that as long as this topic is alive and going, as long as those robes arent in game yet. Youll do your best to come in here and remind people you needlessly disagree with them.

I have to say, page after page youve gone to great lengths to argue against something that can in no way effect or harm your gaming experience. Youve spent a decent amount of time trying to derail the efforts of those interested in this for no other reason than to either troll or because you have an inherent need to argue with others.

How in the world is these traditional Jedi robes causing you so much frustration that you NEED to battle it out with those asking for it?

Heck..Ive seen no one state they need to be free, no ones stated they shouldnt go on the CM, no one has argued that Jedi dont wear armor as youve accused people of stating. Theyve only commented that traditionally Jedi dont typically use armor and that even in the promotional work from Bioware most of the Jedi wear little to no Armor and that they are indeed wearing nothing more then robes.

As a Community Manager has already stated, theyre working on it. So your arguments against those in support of this is futile. And theres no telling if the Developers took note of what was being asked or if they felt there wasnt enough traditional Jedi wear in the game. But its likely that both influenced their decision to do so.

Claiming that theres gear in game that is similar enough for you to accept doesnt mean that thats the final word on it or that everyone else should follow your cue. Its Star Wars, and more importantly its the Jedi. People interested in RPing or simply looking the part are going to be critical of this. And they SHOULD be as the Developers can just as easily go off the beaten trail entirely and start adding all sorts of craziness as if they havent already. This game is just as much ours as it is Bioware/EA/LucasArts as we the customers can demand/request/refuse things regarding this game.

Theres nothing objectionable about the robes. Theres absolutely no reason to argue it in any sort of manner besides the need to feel as if youre standing between someone and what they want.

Id give you some advice to give it a rest but I know already that as long as this topic is alive and going, as long as those robes arent in game yet. Youll do your best to come in here and remind people you needlessly disagree with them.

I have nothing against people asking for things to be implemented in the game.

But most (not all, but most) people who are very active in this thread and on this subject in general are not asking for it to be implemented, they are demanding it.

They are saying things like "the outfits in the game are not true jedi outfits" and "bioware is ignoring the lore".

Those are the type of statements that got me to react.

I am fine with them implementing more outfits in different styles, and if one of them happen to be the "movie style" jedi outfits then sure.

But don't come here stating that it is impossible to look like a "real" jedi in this game, because that is just a lie.

Lets not forget to take things slow. We just got the sleeves tech meshing for robes and even then I bet its tricky.

They should test it.

1. replicate Relnex robes with long sleeves and rename it as Jedi Knight Robes.

2. make a version like Jolee Bindo's (Jedi robes that have not cloak) with long sleeves

3 ???

4. Dark side verions.

5. Profit.

I just want to know when the Character Creation armor for Jedi Knights will finally be made available. Every other class has received their Character Creation armor set.

Here's hoping it is one of the two armors being worked on. :)

Don't think so. It's robes, not armor that re being worked on. :l Bioware thinks that Valiant set is the character creation armor methinks. :]

Don't think so. It's robes, not armor that re being worked on. :l Bioware thinks that Valiant set is the character creation armor methinks. :]

Damn! I sure hope not! That would be like saying that the Eradicator set (worn by Sith in the Intro movies) was the Sith Warrior's Character Creation armor (when it is, in fact, the Sith Raider set which is available :confused:).

It really is strange that only the Jedi Knight has yet to see its Character Creation armor made available. That armored, hood-down look is really killer and I would love it on my Sentinel.

Sorry for the derail...

I would bet actual money that when (yes, WHEN) they release a jedi robe for direct purchase in the CM (or in a pack) it will be one of the KotOR ones.

I do not think they will release anything based on the movies because of the simple fact that they have not done that with any other outfit in the game, but there are plenty of KotOR outfits in the game.

Now, if that is going to be a "reconstruction of the ancient bla bla bla" type replica like the stuff that is usually from the KotOR games or if it is just a "Jedi scholar robes" type thing, I don't know.

But I am very certain that it will not be a set that looks like they do in the movies (well, not to any extent more than they did in KotOR).

But, I am also pretty sure that when that jedi outfit is released, this thread will still go on because some here will not be satisfied...

Damn! I sure hope not! That would be like saying that the Eradicator set (worn by Sith in the Intro movies) was the Sith Warrior's Character Creation armor (when it is, in fact, the Sith Raider set which is available :confused:).

It really is strange that only the Jedi Knight has yet to see its Character Creation armor made available. That armored, hood-down look is really killer and I would love it on my Sentinel.

Sorry for the derail...

I know it's hardly a comfort, but you can get almost that same look by getting the Valiant Jedi outfit and the Stalwart Defender outfit and picking the chest and boots from the jedi and the legs and gloves from the stalwart.

I'm not sure you can get the white with grey accents look, but you can use any other white combo dye you want... I go for white brown to get the brown robe.

I know it's hardly a comfort, but you can get almost that same look by getting the Valiant Jedi outfit and the Stalwart Defender outfit and picking the chest and boots from the jedi and the legs and gloves from the stalwart.

I'm not sure you can get the white with grey accents look, but you can use any other white combo dye you want... I go for white brown to get the brown robe.

Well... you know what the say: "Close only counts with handgrenades and horseshoes.". :D

No "belt over robes". No "shoulder armor wrapping around the back". Close... but no cigar. :)

Well... you know what the say: "Close only counts with handgrenades and horseshoes.". :D

No "belt over robes". No "shoulder armor wrapping around the back". Close... but no cigar. :)

Like I said, almost.

Not saying they shouldn't release it, just saying that if you need it now, that is the closest you'll get without having to level up and get the actual oufit that is in the game.

Now that wide sleeves are possible (see Marka Ragnos' Robes), it would be great to see some robes that look exactly like proper Jedi Robes from the movies. I'd love to see a cloaked version with Hood up, a cloaked version with hood down and visible in the back and a non-cloaked version of just the underrobes. All should look exactly the same otherwise, so you can simulate hood up/down and cloak on/off by switching between the three chest pieces. Edited by Glzmo

Now that wide sleeves are possible (see Marka Ragnos' Robes), it would be great to see some robes that look exactly like proper Jedi Robes from the movies. I'd love to see a cloaked version with Hood up, a cloaked version with hood down and visible in the back and a non-cloaked version of just the underrobes. All should look exactly the same otherwise, so you can simulate hood up/down and cloak on/off by switching between the three chest pieces.

I'm sure there will be something with long sleeves sooner or later.

As for demanding that they make three sets so you can roleplay putting up or putting down your hood, that's a bit extreme.

Better they implement a hood toggle.

Oh and shouldn't you change your sig now that we actually have 4 chair emotes with infinite time loops?