one time password issues?

Tezeretz

Hey guys! please help!

My gf and I play this game together daily. for the last 3 days she hasn't been able to play because the one time password doesn't send. We've logged countless help request etc.

I can get in no problem. I have iphone app. She however is on a BB Z10 and cant get the app. physical ones are sold out. and franky...with all the bugs and being able not being able to log in...shes kinda *****y towards the game and refused to buy it. (id buy it for her if I had to, but its sold out)

all that said...we've been waiting for 3 hours today alone. its kinda annoying especially since we have been looking forward to double xp. can anyone here suggest a work around or way to get this fixed? its obvious bioware doesn't give a crap if its paying players can log in or not! email, forums and phone support haven't helped.

(I should mention that we tried to call too. long distance. only to wait on hold for a very expensive hour. only to have a person argue with me saying the email is likely in my junk filter etc. before telling me he'd look into it more and put me on hold. then hung up)

So its clear they don't care if we cant play the game we pay for. so i'm begging the users...do you have suggestions? we really wanna play!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same thing is happening to me ,im just not receiving any mails .

any info would be appreciated

edit : after trying 7-8 times in a row it finally worked and i receive the mail like usual.

keep trying ,i wish you the best of luck

Edited by carliiiiito
update

Same things happening here. Funny thing is i'm trying to add a security key. I'm trying to add the smart phone app key but they send me the otp so I can set it up. Never got it. I just came back playing 2 weeks ago and have to call Support 4 times to get the otp. So I decided to get a security key..... But now I have been on hold with support a hour just for them to give me the otp so I can add a security key. I really don't mind the security that they've implemented, but please at least make it work.

Same thing happening here. I'm waiting A LOT of time to get my OTP. Seriously, the OTP was one of the worst decisions of bioware. It's so annoying to have to open my e-mail every single day I want to play. Seriously, I'd love to come back to the security questions again.

HERE IS THE ANSWER :

IF THE ONE-TIME PASSWORD DOES NOT SEND, TRY A NEW BROWSER. FOR SOME REASON ONE - TIME PASSWORD WON'T SEND IF YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER WHILE LOGIN ON WEBSITE.

TRY MOZILLA FIREFOX,

THERE YOU GO.

I've learned it after a ton of frustration tho

Edited by Turianoc

HERE IS THE ANSWER :

IF THE ONE-TIME PASSWORD DOES NOT SEND, TRY A NEW BROWSER. FOR SOME REASON ONE - TIME PASSWORD WON'T SEND IF YOU USE INTERNET EXPLORER WHILE LOGIN ON WEBSITE.

TRY MOZILLA FIREFOX,

THERE YOU GO.

I've learned it after a ton of frustration tho

I'm trying on Firefox and Google Chrome. Still not working

Bumping because I've been waiting for 40 mins and still no password sent. This is ridiculous.

EDIT: 50 mins waiting and I finally got the OTP. Seriously, Bioware, you need to fix this. It's that kind of annoying moments that makes your customers go away from time to time.

Edited by JeffSantos

Had problems receiving OTPs last two days for the site. Luckily I was able to launch the game without an OTP prompt. It finally worked for me and I received an OTP. First thing I did was make sure my subs cancelled. No, not saying Im not going to resub or anything like that, but just in case this keeps happening and for a longer period of time next time. I dont want to be getting charged monthly and potentially get locked out of the game for most the period while EAware fixes it :rolleyes: Sub, then cancel sub at once. Best option. Edited by ReckonerH

Hey guys! please help!

My gf and I play this game together daily. for the last 3 days she hasn't been able to play because the one time password doesn't send. We've logged countless help request etc.

I can get in no problem. I have iphone app. She however is on a BB Z10 and cant get the app. physical ones are sold out. and franky...with all the bugs and being able not being able to log in...shes kinda *****y towards the game and refused to buy it. (id buy it for her if I had to, but its sold out)

all that said...we've been waiting for 3 hours today alone. its kinda annoying especially since we have been looking forward to double xp. can anyone here suggest a work around or way to get this fixed? its obvious bioware doesn't give a crap if its paying players can log in or not! email, forums and phone support haven't helped.

(I should mention that we tried to call too. long distance. only to wait on hold for a very expensive hour. only to have a person argue with me saying the email is likely in my junk filter etc. before telling me he'd look into it more and put me on hold. then hung up)

So its clear they don't care if we cant play the game we pay for. so i'm begging the users...do you have suggestions? we really wanna play!!

I sometimes have this problem for the Swtor site, but logging onto the game usually clears it for me, maybe it's the other way around for your girlfriends account, maybe if she logs onto the forums first it will send her the OTP.

• 9 months later...

Started playing about a month ago.. Paid for a subscription.

Today I UNsubscribed due to not being sent a one time password after many attempts over my morning off.

This has happened frequently over the past four weeks.

Bioware you really need to disable this until you can fix the issue.

If I pay for a subscription and you accept my money in good faith, I should have access to the game I paid for when I choose to play.

I have been reading the forum for advice, and it seems this issue has been going for a long time and you are very aware of it.

This happens on no other MMO I play, so the fault is clearly at your end.

I don't own a smartphone, so I cannot try your authenticator (and nor should I have to)

It's a great game, but this problem should be given Priority as I am sure I am not the only customer you have lost due to this.

Bad form from a large company as Bioware.

Hey all!

There was an issue with the One-Time Password system earlier, but it has been resolved!

Thanks for your reports!

-tw

Srry, but no, problem is keeping. Haven't mail with one-time password. I reloaded all. Notebook, mail, game launcher.

Well...

I can not beleive this...

Neither that all of Bioware, and EA are unable to solve this issue, nor the fact that I'm after so many OTP problems, and this kind of solid proof, that the above mentioned could not care less with me as a costumer, I'm willing to pay for this huge pile of ... problems.

I have had this problem for several weeks. The OTP mail never comes on time in the morning and afternoon, it has a 2 hours or more delay; and of course it's useless by that time. It only works in the evening starting from 8PM EST :mad:

I tried and changed from yahoo mail to gmail but still no luck.