Bioware/EA why isn't Kotor 3 in developed

Master_Dark

I disagree that TOR is Kotor 3, the Revan book is Kotor 3.

Kotor 3 is Revan's quest to stop the Sith Empire and ends with him being placed into stasis and beginning his influence over the Sith Emperor to stop the war.

That would have been a nice game to have before the MMO came out as it would have set the stage quite nicely.

TOR is the same as Kotor 3, TOR is also the next few planned installments to the game, they were able to put 8 games into 1. So even if you had KOTOR 3, it would have been the same just minus the cool MMO stuff. So please, lol.... and trust me, this SIth Empire looks better then the one they were planning for KOTOR 3... the kotor 3 Sith Empire looked more like old Trade Federation stuff if you as me :p

I disagree that TOR is Kotor 3, the Revan book is Kotor 3.

Kotor 3 is Revan's quest to stop the Sith Empire and ends with him being placed into stasis and beginning his influence over the Sith Emperor to stop the war.

That would have been a nice game to have before the MMO came out as it would have set the stage quite nicely.

This. I really wish they had gone that route. Heck, there are days when I wish they'd retcon everything in this game and just go for a KOTOR 3 game, but it just wouldn't be the same now. There was hope, once, but the moment an MMO set 300 years after KOTOR was declared, Revan & the Exile's fates were pretty much sealed. The Revan book gave the KOTOR 3 treatment of exactly how it happened and doubly sealed their fates in the 300-year gap.

Though the cancelled KOTOR 3 did include an entirely different protagonist, and maybe it would be neat to see what they could do with her if they went back and went ahead with that story. Maybe they could then include her in TOR somehow...Maybe they could make that work, but maybe not---probably not, since KOTOR just wouldn't be KOTOR without Revan or the Exile, and we know KOTOR 3's protagonist wouldn't storm through Dromund Kaas and win the day, either.

So yeah, in short, I have problems with how they did it, but they did it, and it wouldn't feel right if they backtracked now.

Except maybe on the Foundry. Making players kill Revan and putting his mask on the market for every noob is just going too far! :mad:

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Except maybe on the Foundry. Making players kill Revan and putting his mask on the market for every noob is just going too far! :mad:

At least Revan is mentioned and in the game, Darth Nihilus has been erased from history and turned into a mask with weird proportions!

Well what a lot of people don't know, EA/Bioware were going to do a KOTOR III. It was in the works. The idea evolved into what became SWtOR.

KOTORIII was shelved because MMO's were taking off and they wanted something to compete with WoW in a SW universe.

So no, there will be no KOTORIII. It's already been STATED that there will be no KOTORIII game. That series of games is dead and will not be resurrected at this time.

Give it up.

Well what a lot of people don't know, EA/Bioware were going to do a KOTOR III. It was in the works. The idea evolved into what became SWtOR.

KOTORIII was shelved because MMO's were taking off and they wanted something to compete with WoW in a SW universe.

So no, there will be no KOTORIII. It's already been STATED that there will be no KOTORIII game. That series of games is dead and will not be resurrected at this time.

Give it up.

If you compaired this game to KOTOR 3, you probs wouldn't like KOTOR 3.

If you compaired this game to KOTOR 3, you probs wouldn't like KOTOR 3.

I'm not comparing anything. I am merely stating that the KOTOR 3 project was DROPPED in favor of SWTOR. Has zero to do with whether or not i like the idea or the series[love 1 and 2 btw].

I'm just stating what happened and why there is no KOTOR3.

I'm not comparing anything. I am merely stating that the KOTOR 3 project was DROPPED in favor of SWTOR. Has zero to do with whether or not i like the idea or the series[love 1 and 2 btw].

I'm just stating what happened and why there is no KOTOR3.

Ah, well you will find we are all in agreement then!

I dunno why people keep forgot the whole star war franchise and trade mark belonged to George Lucas. Bioware / EA can't make Kotor 3 without license from Lucas Art's.

George Lucas can also ask other people other than EA/BW to make Kotor 3 if he want to as well. EA/BW doesn't own the right. (Just like Kotor 2 was done by obsidian instead bioware.)

Edited by mhsiao