Leveling a little too easy?

Ralph_Panda

I remember during the earlier days of swtor doing some quests with many elites was pretty hard, like you could die.

Now with just 1 healing companion you can easily survive the damage they do and pretty much kill all big hp targets by just spamming a few skills and watching a video which is kinda sad, there is no danger, it is too easy

The amount of health mobs have they do, you dont one shot them while leveling like some other games but there is really little challenge.

Havent reached the KotET but i am wondering how hard is "master" difficulty"? And can you start with it or do you need to first complete it under story/veteran?

I agree that normal quests are way to easy. But as like you said, there are different difficulties in the chapters you could take and they're really hard if you don't have lvl 50 companion, good gear, and mechanics of the fight in check. I actually like to level fast, I could be lvl 34 while still on the 2nd planet story wise. If you pvp and do gsf and fp's a lot you'll get a lot of exp so that's normal I think.

I agree that normal quests are way to easy. But as like you said, there are different difficulties in the chapters you could take and they're really hard if you don't have lvl 50 companion, good gear, and mechanics of the fight in check. I actually like to level fast, I could be lvl 34 while still on the 2nd planet story wise. If you pvp and do gsf and fp's a lot you'll get a lot of exp so that's normal I think.

Yeah overleveling is definitely true, im lvl 32 and in the middle of nar shadda, my level is pretty much always lowered for a planet quests but the whole lower level thing was supposed to be there to make the content a little more relevant.

Anyway when you said about something being hard without a lvl 50 companion and good gear are you referring to master level story chapters? Seems interesting and i cant wait to get there.

Cna i play master level immediately or do i need to do story/veteran first?

Well, while i am into challenging content, however, the rewards for doing content that was challenging back in the day was never balanced, it was either easy to do and rewarding and challenging and sometimes impossible to do on your own and gives you a utterly crap reward.

Its like the higher difficulties of the chapters....the CXP rewards you get on the higher levels is completely pathetic and really needs to be increased significantly.

Master mode will probably be too hard for you.

That's not me trying to be snarky. Master mode is too hard for very nearly everyone I play with or talk to, and they're not noobs that have L2P issues.

You will die a lot. A lot of boss fights will murder you even if your gear is tops and you think you're king of the world. You will often eventually win both because of skill and because you just plain got lucky at the right moment.

If anyone tries to tell you that master mode is too easy for them, you may rest assured that they're lying.

Remember that there is currenmtly another experience points event going on.

During some of these events there even was a special vendor on the Fleet which could sell you a thing which turns the incewsed amount of experience points off.

To have some bits of a challenge back, I advise you to do a new toon on a different server with 0 Legacy. I had some fun doing so.

You could even refuse to use better gear throughout the earlier solo levels. ;)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 2 weeks later...
Well,now with the XP nerf. I just got sent to HOTH at level 33... There isnt anything there that I can even hit!! Thanks for the memories of having fun playing. :(

Great job guys keep up the good work...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What nerf? Nothing was changed about the XP tables. Just the double XP event ended. If you're under level for the planet you one now, you would have been under level with the XP event. And you can always go back to a lower level planet and kill stuff, do planetary arcs, do explorer missions, do heroics, yeah know, all that stuff you used to have to do, but is now mostly optional, just to keep up with the planet level.

What nerf? Nothing was changed about the XP tables. Just the double XP event ended. If you're under level for the planet you one now, you would have been under level with the XP event. And you can always go back to a lower level planet and kill stuff, do planetary arcs, do explorer missions, do heroics, yeah know, all that stuff you used to have to do, but is now mostly optional, just to keep up with the planet level.

This, mostly.

The design of the system as it stands now is that when there is no XP event and you don't have XP buffs running, you will stay at-level if you do your class missions AND the per-planet Story Arc missions. (Given by NPCs with "<Story Arc: nameofplanet>" above their heads and a *purple* mission triangle. Mostly they are in or near spaceports or orbital stations, except for Dromund Kaas (Sandor by the Wall taxi point) and Coruscant (the Gree droids in the small room off the right-hand side(1) of the main big room in the Senate tower).

(1) Right-hand as seen when you enter from the Plaza, to the NORTH, after you do the Old Galactic Market phase.

Now with just 1 healing companion you can easily survive the damage they do and pretty much kill all big hp targets by just spamming a few skills and watching a video which is kinda sad, there is no danger, it is too easy

The amount of health mobs have they do, you dont one shot them while leveling like some other games but there is really little challenge.

Havent reached the KotET but i am wondering how hard is "master" difficulty"? And can you start with it or do you need to first complete it under story/veteran?

It has been this way since the Great Dumbing Down of 4.0. You can keep your XP in check by using White Acute Module. However, I think it's only available during Gree Week now. You can pick it up on Fleet where the class spec reset being is.

Well,now with the XP nerf. I just got sent to HOTH at level 33... There isnt anything there that I can even hit!! Thanks for the memories of having fun playing. :(

Great job guys keep up the good work...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're using the White Acute Module, you will need to do all content to be on level with whatever planet you're on. The ridiculous XP rewards that were made so in 4.0 allow you to only do your class story and be on level with the planet. So stop crying and figure out how you want to play. Removing content and features because a small majority doesn't like them harms everyone's experience and has negative repercussions on the game.

They could partly avoid this kind of frustration by adding a tutorial about XP. However, you have to be able to get to Fleet so you can get the WAM, so you'd have create another toon, then have the old toon mail the WAM to the new toon.