Top 10 under-rated Force Users

Aurbere

I decided to bring this topic back (original found here) because we kinda fell off track and didn't finish. So hopefully we can stay on track and finish it. Anyway, here's what we have so far.

1. Darth Malak

Do we want to keep Plagueis up at 1, or is someone else more deserving?

Edited by Aurbere

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if Plagueis is the most under-rated. At least not if the book about him has been read.

"Tenebrous had told him that he lacked the talent for Sith sorcery, even though the inability hadn't owed to a deficiency of midichlorians... Plagueis understood, too, that there were no powers beyond his reach; none he couldn't master through an effort of will." [Ch. 24]

Of course we know of the power ascribed to him by Sidious in Episode 3 to Anakin.

Plagueis had "gained the power to keep another alive" [ch. 24]

Some may wonder at his abilities in comparison with others. It seems to me that he, and even his master, like Sidious afterwards, were all on steroids. Even Sidious says of himself and Plagueis in comparison to the Jedi:

"While he accepted that he and Plagueis were more than equal to the most powerful of the Jedi Order, he understood that they were no match for their combined strength." [Ch. 18]

It seems presumably even Yoda is not greater than Plagueis.

Finally there is also this piece of text regarding Plagueis when Sidious sees him after he got injured.

"Seen through the Force, he was a nuclear oval of mottled light, a rotating orb or terrifying energy. If the Maladian attack had weakened him physically, it had also helped to shape his etheric body into a vessel sufficiently strong to contain the full power of the dark side." [ch. 23]

Perhaps Vader should be #1. Fans seem to doubt his powers, even his saber skills, and it seems the extent of his abilities was probably only recognized by Sidious. He was a tower of power.

I don't know if Plagueis is the most under-rated. At least not if the book about him has been read.

"Tenebrous had told him that he lacked the talent for Sith sorcery, even though the inability hadn't owed to a deficiency of midichlorians... Plagueis understood, too, that there were no powers beyond his reach; none he couldn't master through an effort of will." [Ch. 24]

Of course we know of the power ascribed to him by Sidious in Episode 3 to Anakin.

Plagueis had "gained the power to keep another alive" [ch. 24]

Some may wonder at his abilities in comparison with others. It seems to me that he, and even his master, like Sidious afterwards, were all on steroids. Even Sidious says of himself and Plagueis in comparison to the Jedi:

"While he accepted that he and Plagueis were more than equal to the most powerful of the Jedi Order, he understood that they were no match for their combined strength." [Ch. 18]

It seems presumably even Yoda is not greater than Plagueis.

Finally there is also this piece of text regarding Plagueis when Sidious sees him after he got injured.

"Seen through the Force, he was a nuclear oval of mottled light, a rotating orb or terrifying energy. If the Maladian attack had weakened him physically, it had also helped to shape his etheric body into a vessel sufficiently strong to contain the full power of the dark side." [ch. 23]

Perhaps Vader should be #1. Fans seem to doubt his powers, even his saber skills, and it seems the extent of his abilities was probably only recognized by Sidious. He was a tower of power.

The novel certainly makes a point, but we discussed this list a fair time ago when some felt that he was more of a nerd than anything else.

Honestly, I think we can safely remove Plagueis for now.

Eh.

Traya.

Sion.

Ventress.

Shaak Ti.

Fisto...

Vader?

I'd actually add Dooku to that list of names. He's only seen as a great swordsman, even then few see how amazing he is (dat season 6 duel :p).

Good choices so far.

I'm just messing with yah. :D

Honestly though I agree Dooku is quite powerful.

I know it. It just bugs me when people bring it up. Whatever, right? I do what I can to rationalize it.

He is powerful, though. There is a very long argument that can be made for how awesome he is.

Anyway, is Malak challenging Plagueis for #1, or not?

The novel certainly makes a point, but we discussed this list a fair time ago when some felt that he was more of a nerd than anything else.

He does do a lot of experimenting and has grown his Force powers and even midichlorian count, but he is not without his ****** moments. I do think he is more the scholar than fighter, which does not necessarily make him exclusively the former.

He does do a lot of experimenting and has grown his Force powers and even midichlorian count, but he is not without his ****** moments. I do think he is more the scholar than fighter, which does not necessarily make him exclusively the former.

I totally understand. He's awesome. Just that some didn't see it that way.

I know it. It just bugs me when people bring it up. Whatever, right? I do what I can to rationalize it.

He is powerful, though. There is a very long argument that can be made for how awesome he is.

Anyway, is Malak challenging Plagueis for #1, or not?

I used to hate it, but the hilarity of the episode that ensues is more than compensation.

Anakin Skywalker: You should be more patient, Master. After all, the Count is an elderly gentleman and doesn't move like he used to.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: I suppose you're right.

Count Dooku: I would kill you both right now if I did not have to drag your bodies.

:D:D:D

On topic I'm not sure, but I'll see what other's think.

I used to hate it, but the hilarity of the episode that ensues is more than compensation.

Anakin Skywalker: You should be more patient, Master. After all, the Count is an elderly gentleman and doesn't move like he used to.

Count Dooku: I would kill you both right now if I did not have to drag your bodies.

That was pretty good. :D

Well, I'm sure Malak will make the list somewhere down the line if he doesn't make #1. But, by all means, make an argument.

I was in hysterics through the whole thing. :p

Well, I think we all recall my past points...

Refresh us. How many of us plan to go back and read through the old thread. Especially when we would have to read past... well, you know.

May as well post it here. Fresh argument for a fresh thread. :)

I loved that episode, just because that Trio was almost as amazingly hilarious together as Windu and Binks...

I did find it cute though, when Obi Wan refused to let Dooku fall to his death.

I don't know where to begin.

Underrated by every star wars fan or only those who actually know the lore? What counts as underrated? Someone who is strong but people say (s)he isn't? Or someone is strong but people don't even talk about him/her or acknowledge his/her feats (Like not even getting into BattleZone :p )?

I don't know where to begin.

Underrated by every star wars fan or only those who actually know the lore? What counts as underrated? Someone who is strong but people say (s)he isn't? Or someone is strong but people don't even talk about him/her or acknowledge his/her feats (Like not even getting into BattleZone :p )?

Basically, characters that are powerful/skilled, but don't get acknowledged for it. Think Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, or Darth Malak. They are all skilled and powerful characters, but they are victims of circumstance, which leads people to dis them.