Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

byteresistor
01.19.2012 , 01:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Limecake View Post
that's fine all I'm saying is that I'd rather take a healer into my OPS group who wants to heal not one who just does it when he feels like doing it.
I'll take a healer who just does it when he feels like doing it over not finding a healer to begin with.

Baaddare
01.19.2012 , 01:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Dual specialization.

Flashpoints -

Problems = Can't find a tank or healer. OR to many tanks/healers
Solution = Dual Spec. With how the loot drops in swtor it's easy enough for all the hybrid classes to have both sets of gear. This would be promoting more Hard Mode flashpoints.

Operations -

Problems = To many players of a particular spec.
Solution = Dual Spec. Having the flexability of choices allows for your group of friends to mix and match their specs to better accommodate the particular fight.

PvP -

Problems = No healers/tanks in the warzone to give a fighting chance for PUGs.
Solution = Dual Spec. you have 1-2mins before each fight to determine what your group makeup is . Then you have the chance to make balanced group.

The true bottom line is this.

Dual Spec helps EVERYONE!

So the solution to your problems is to reduce the game from 8 classes down to 4 classes because in reality that is what you are proposing
Now Minsc is in charge SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!

Akkalevil
01.19.2012 , 01:22 PM | #23
Annoying to do every 2 or 3 hours. when you can just click a button and be done.
Interesting games are not about clicking a button and be done with it.

Calimwulf
01.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by nsaucdiv View Post
So what you're really saying isn't that it wouldn't help, but rather that it wouldn't help AS MUCH as most people seem to think.

Correct?
What I am saying is that you won't gain a significant enough number of healers or tanks to dent the need if your server does not have them. Dual spec is awesome when switching between a PvE healer and a PvP healer because the specs are slightly different, but it is a fallacy to say that there will be more tanks and healers as a result of dual spec.
"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Enigma
01.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Limecake View Post
that's fine all I'm saying is that I'd rather take a healer into my OPS group who wants to heal not one who just does it when he feels like doing it.

and you should play your class differently or at least know how to, but respecing works for this. you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most. And the idea of "switching specs for a certain fight/FP/OP and then switching back afterward" is where the problem seems to lie since it doubles the amount of respecs you will end up doing.

dual spec isn't needed in my opinion
You oppinion must come from lack of playing multiple MMOs and multiple aspects of the game.

Why can't people be good at 2 things and like doing 2 things. You're guild at a particular time has 11 DPS on 1 Tank 0 Healers. And you guys want to do a Operation or 2 Hard Modes.

Well looks like somebody is going to have to respec then respec back costing 100k credits not to mention time spent waiting on him to set up his quickslots.

but on the other hand you dont care.
CE
I'm playing day 1 how about you?

nsaucdiv
01.19.2012 , 01:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
So the solution to your problems is to reduce the game from 8 classes down to 4 classes because in reality that is what you are proposing
...what are you talking about?

This thread isn't about advanced class respecs. It's about respecs WITHIN your advanced class between different skill trees.

To paraphrase The Princess Bride...I do not think this thread means what you think it means.
I like my bag, Mike.

ClarkwondooVal
01.19.2012 , 01:24 PM | #27
Dual specialization.

Flashpoints -

Problems = Can't find a tank or healer. OR to many tanks/healers
Solution = Dual Spec. With how the loot drops in swtor it's easy enough for all the hybrid classes to have both sets of gear. This would be promoting more Hard Mode flashpoints.

Operations -

Problems = To many players of a particular spec.
Solution = Dual Spec. Having the flexability of choices allows for your group of friends to mix and match their specs to better accommodate the particular fight.

PvP -

Problems = No healers/tanks in the warzone to give a fighting chance for PUGs.
Solution = Dual Spec. you have 1-2mins before each fight to determine what your group makeup is . Then you have the chance to make balanced group.

The true bottom line is this.

Dual Spec helps EVERYONE!
DUal spec ok, really needed...but with this "one patch each day" solutions we couldn't see any dual spec in next days...

Elyons
01.19.2012 , 01:25 PM | #28
Having gotten my Smuggler to 45 and begun more PvP/Warzones, I'm beginning to see the major flaws with the Sharpshooter tree for PvP. Sure it's amazing for PvE, but it seems to only have two defaults in PvP.

If our team is winning: Highest damage in the group

If our team is losing: Lowest damage in the group.

Almost makes me begin to want a duel spec..
Kaserai:Jedi Sentinel Mahddi:Smuggler Scoundrel
Begeran Colony

nsaucdiv
01.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimwulf View Post
What I am saying is that you won't gain a significant enough number of healers or tanks to dent the need if your server does not have them. Dual spec is awesome when switching between a PvE healer and a PvP healer because the specs are slightly different, but it is a fallacy to say that there will be more tanks and healers as a result of dual spec.
That's valid, but I think you're underestimating the number of players who are willing to play a spec they do not prefer if it's needed. Especially for guild purposes. But it could be that I have too much faith in my fellow players.
I like my bag, Mike.

SpectreSD
01.19.2012 , 01:26 PM | #30
Or.... You can stop being lazy and just roll another toon. Problem solved. It's an MMO, and to be only rolling 1 character is a mistake on your part. I have a DPS, a Tank, and a healer. I switch characters according to the groups needs. Like others have said, Dual spec will reduce the diversity in character classes.