Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Calimwulf
01.19.2012 , 01:09 PM | #11
It might be useful for folks that want one spec for PvP and a different one for PvE, but it won't make a difference to the number of healers or tanks there are. People don't switch roles with dual spec.
"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

bordendl
01.19.2012 , 01:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Silverion_one View Post
lol anymore .. give a wrong impression it hapened loooong ago .. with server downtime it is less then half a day ago :P

p.s this i posted just as it make me laugh .. i agree with dual spec geting in game
Well 3 1/2 hours last night with a single queue pop...just sayin.

Enigma
01.19.2012 , 01:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimwulf View Post
It might be useful for folks that want one spec for PvP and a different one for PvE, but it won't make a difference to the number of healers or tanks there are. People don't switch roles with dual spec.
that statement is false.

People DO switch roles with dual spec. i myself would ... Healer than dps .. back to healer .. etc
CE
I'm playing day 1 how about you?

nsaucdiv
01.19.2012 , 01:13 PM | #14
I'm not sure why people keep saying this. It's flat-out wrong. I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I personally prefer playing my Assassin as DPS. I enjoy the playstyle more and let's face it, I like seeing those big crit numbers up on the screen. However, I'm a utility player. Whatever my guild or group needs, that's what i'll do. I may PREFER dps, but I'm happy to tank something if a tank is needed. With the current system this leads to a LOT of respeccing, which gets insanely pricey quite fast. And it's also a bit of a hassle to go back to the fleet every time.

It's not game-breaking for me, it's really just been a minor annoyance, but I see where people are coming from and I DO think that dual spec would incline some people to tank/heal more often, even if players like me who are willing to do so are a minority.
I like my bag, Mike.

Limecake
01.19.2012 , 01:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
it doesn't matter how YOU play .. I'm talking about how the MAJORITY play.

and its not just because.. maybe its because i like to play differently with my class.
that's fine all I'm saying is that I'd rather take a healer into my OPS group who wants to heal not one who just does it when he feels like doing it.

and you should play your class differently or at least know how to, but respecing works for this. you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most. And the idea of "switching specs for a certain fight/FP/OP and then switching back afterward" is where the problem seems to lie since it doubles the amount of respecs you will end up doing.

dual spec isn't needed in my opinion

nsaucdiv
01.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Limecake View Post
you shouldn't have to change your spec more than once a day at the most.
In the current system respeccing once per day, or even once every 3 days, is heinously expensive if you're doing it consistently.
I like my bag, Mike.

Calimwulf
01.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
that statement is false.

People DO switch roles with dual spec. i myself would ... Healer than dps .. back to healer .. etc
Some people switch roles, but most people do not, especially not in a game like this where Tanks have to work to build threat and heal threat builds the way it does.

I have no problem when folks do a feature request, but using role switching as the base of the argument is not correct.
"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

nsaucdiv
01.19.2012 , 01:19 PM | #18
Some people switch roles, but most people do not
So what you're really saying isn't that it wouldn't help, but rather that it wouldn't help AS MUCH as most people seem to think.

Correct?
I like my bag, Mike.

Dilbon
01.19.2012 , 01:20 PM | #19
Solution: get rid of specs altogether.

Ciqala
01.19.2012 , 01:20 PM | #20
No it's not