Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Do you support an in game version of Recount. Please give reasons for your answer.

Antipodes
03.26.2013 , 04:54 PM | #981
Yes please! I hate mods (addons) and I completely agree with SWTOR not supporting them. For the most part, the UI is sufficient enough for me not to miss any mods. The big exception to this is a recount style feature.

I think I would have gotten bored and quit the game if PvP didn't have a scoreboard at the end.

JPryde
03.26.2013 , 04:58 PM | #982
You do realize, that there is a MOX-parser for SWTOR for many months already and so an in-game recount would just be redundant ?
That way, everyone who wants to use it, can do so and anyone, who does not want to use it, isn't forced to do so. Sounds like a perfect way to me.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Doqtyr
05.09.2013 , 11:31 PM | #983
I did a search for meters when my raid leader suggested we check our rotations this evening. Personally I do not believe in the use of any temptation to turn a fun game into a reason to alienate people. I would like to be able to use a meter as a tool to maximize my game and be certain I am doing everything I can to contribute to our group. I have an ops dummy on my ship, perhaps coupled with a meter this could become the tool I would like it to be.
0))))))))))O))){))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
We may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Proud to be a Founder and Subscriber from Launch

PanikSpreder
05.10.2013 , 03:01 AM | #984
I'm torn when it comes to damage meters ingame.

On one hand I do like to be able to see my performance doing a run and test various rotation changes on a dummy. On the other hand I do enjoy a FP/Op more when not focusing on who is doing the most, but rather focus and have fun.

The problem is when something goes wrong and you need some indication of what it was. Besides the obvious like someone is way undergeared etc (be that DPS, healer or tank).

What they should do is implement a scoreboard (like in PvP) after each boss fight (or if you get killed) and make it optional. Like a new minimap icon where you get the parse (Total damage, Damage over Time, Total Healing etc - just like Recount with all the information). That way nobody can use it on trash to boost their "ego" and everyone can see who is not pulling their weight. We could take it a step futher and only make it available to the group leader, but I'd rather have the info for all to see.

Idiots will always be idiots. There is no way to make a perfect system with those guys in mind. But a normal group of players would be able to increase their effectiveness and locate the problem.

NrDLeipe
05.10.2013 , 03:09 AM | #985
if seen it in wow played a tank there so it didnt effect me much but if seen dps getting a ego boost from it that it screws up the fun in runs.

ppl getting kicked from grps cause there dps wssnt high enough ( content didnt need top notch dps )
And it can screw up the run cause the dps wants to push so hard that they stop haveing raid awareness and causing wipes cause there just getting to focussed on the numbers.

I dont wanna know how a simple fp is gonna be cause dps is getting itchy to push jumping in before tanks ( what alrdy happens now ) but then prob even more, killing orders scrwd up cause you see more numbers on a elite so hes 1st target instead of the weaks
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ

Paethyr
01.31.2014 , 07:18 PM | #986
Can we just have a poll instead and settle it that way?

psandak
01.31.2014 , 07:24 PM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by Paethyr View Post
Can we just have a poll instead and settle it that way?
Polls are misleading for the simple fact that only a small portion of the player population even reads the forums.

Besides MOX and TORParse work fine for after-the-fact analysis which all anyone should ever need.

And BTW, holy necro
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Phyltr
01.31.2014 , 07:43 PM | #988
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Polls are misleading for the simple fact that only a small portion of the player population even reads the forums.

Besides MOX and TORParse work fine for after-the-fact analysis which all anyone should ever need.

And BTW, holy necro
You've obviously never led a progression raid where you are trying to figure out mechanics as you go. Those tools are not good enough but that's beside the point. If those tools fulfill a necessary function then the game is deficient by not having that as part of it. If they aren't necessary then why bring them up? Why not just say it isn't needed? Either it's needed and the game is deficient or it's not needed and the functionality that those tools provide should be turned off. It's kind of that simple.

Ratajack
02.01.2014 , 07:07 AM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
You've obviously never led a progression raid where you are trying to figure out mechanics as you go. Those tools are not good enough but that's beside the point. If those tools fulfill a necessary function then the game is deficient by not having that as part of it. If they aren't necessary then why bring them up? Why not just say it isn't needed? Either it's needed and the game is deficient or it's not needed and the functionality that those tools provide should be turned off. It's kind of that simple.
Does the game "need" mounts? No. Does the game "need" legacy gear? No.

Some people wanted to be able to see numbers to gauge their DPS and so BW implemented combat logs. That does not mean combat logs are "needed". With the current combat logs and third party parsers, you can even have real time information. We do NOT "need" an in game "recount".

I find that although recount can be a useful tool, it is seldom used as such. More often than not, it is simply used by jerks to stroke their e-peens by spamming it to the group, but only if they were top DPS that fight.