Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Aleeha
01.16.2012 , 10:47 AM | #21
The only reason someone says no to this is because they are selfish rude bad people. I hate having to spend several hours looking for a group on my server due to the times that I play. People who say no LFG/LFD tell me tough luck buddy I don't care, I got my FP and raid done go screw yourself.

Maeleena
01.16.2012 , 10:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
um, lfd is faster than that.... less than a minute for tanks and healers, and generally in the 5-10 minute range for dps.
LOL. No

LFD wait times for DPS in WoW is over 30-45 minutes. Tanks = instant, and Healers less than five.

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gohlar View Post
A more appropriate word.

Is it so wrong to feel entitled to easy groups?
Forming groups is tough?

Needing a LFG = failure of the playerbase/server community.

TheFluke
01.16.2012 , 10:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zezel View Post
General Chat LFG is trolling?

LMFAO

Another I'm too "entitled" to look for a group thread.

Edit:
BTW I played vanilla WoW where it took an hour to walk to the instance and you didn't even have a group started.
Haha. Wow dude, did you have to walk through sleet and snow barefoot, too?

That must have sucked for you.

First you used "LMFAO" which was obnoxious, then followed it up describing him as "entitled" because he doesn't want to spam / be spammed by people in General chat.

I guess to people like you being inconvenienced builds character, and "LF2M TANK AND DPS BT" is not only fun to read 150 times, but really helps establish community.

I'm all about LFG tools. People that whine LFG tools are tools.

I've skipped about 70% of the Flashpoints in the game, with one Level 50 and a handful of level 30s simply because spamming General chat and staring blankly at a wall on the Fleet is of absolutely no interest to me or a reasonable use of my time.

Umbral
01.16.2012 , 10:48 AM | #25
No I'm saying I've had no issues. And as a matter of fact half the time there are more than one group forming at once.
So, then you're saying because YOU have no issues finding a group, a LFG/LFD tool isn't needed.

... and you used the word "entitled" to describe the people of opposing opinion from your own?

mmmmmk......

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
An LFD would be fine as long as it was server only. LFD completely and utterly killed the community in WoW and made instance runs pretty much crap, because there was no consequence for rolling on someone elses stuff. If you pulled crap in a group of people all from your own server, you would be blackballed, and no one would run with you, and youw ould be forced to re-roll. That is how it is supposed to be. You should be held responsible for your actions in a group, and with X-Server LFD that was non-existent.
Already a LFG in place, it is the playerbases fault FOR NOT using it.

GarbonzotheDude
01.16.2012 , 10:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
The only reason someone says no to this is because they are selfish rude bad people. I hate having to spend several hours looking for a group on my server due to the times that I play. People who say no LFG/LFD tell me tough luck buddy I don't care, I got my FP and raid done go screw yourself.
Pretty much. It isn't affecting them so they think it can't be an issue for anyone else either.

...or if it is they think they're antisocial, jerks, etc. Really is amazing if you think about it how they're incapable of realizing their personal experience on their server does not mean it is the same for everyone else.

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:50 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFluke View Post
Haha. Wow dude, did you have to walk through sleet and snow barefoot, too?

That must have sucked for you.

First you used "LMFAO" which was obnoxious, then followed it up describing him as "entitled" because he doesn't want to spam / be spammed by people in General chat.

I guess to people like you being inconvenienced builds character, and "LF2M TANK AND DPS BT" is not only fun to read 150 times, but really helps establish community.

I'm all about LFG tools. People that whine LFG tools are tools.

I've skipped about 70% of the Flashpoints in the game, with one Level 50 and a handful of level 30s simply because spamming General chat and staring blankly at a wall on the Fleet is of absolutely no interest to me or a reasonable use of my time.
Nice constructive post anything to add besides personal attacks?

You are the reason LFG are needed because noone would group with your ignorant azz.

Maeleena
01.16.2012 , 10:50 AM | #29
Already a LFG in place, it is the playerbases fault FOR NOT using it.
Taking about a queuing tool, not the checkbox saying you are Looking for a group.

ferroz
01.16.2012 , 10:51 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitiock View Post
Sorry, I should rephrase that, from my experience and a general conses among people I talk to, a local server lfd would be great, a cross server one wouldn't be, and instead of just not using it, I would like to add my input so that a tool that I would use, and will server the purpose of there, might come out of this instead of more stuff I wouldn't.
Quote:
Should we also let imperial and republic group freely? I have friends who are republic that I can't group with because my other group of friends chose imperial, and we're both on the same server.
I'm not really a fan of that artificial boundary either, but it's not a fight I'm going to fight.

the quick versions is "yes, but it requires a content redesign that xserver doesn't require, that many might not like"

Quote:
I don't know any high demand roles that have issues finding groups it takes me 10 seconds to get a group as a tank, without this super fast group finder deluxe.
I've spent more than an hour. I play a tank, off peak times, republic side, and I'm still leveling. It's painful. If this was wow, I'd have a group within seconds.

Quote:
While I agree that some dps might have a faster time because of this others will have a slower time.
Sure, but the average case goes down, the best case goes down and the worst case down. That's good by me.

Quote:
I agree that there might be times where groups can not be formed at certain levels but I think that this could be addressed while still giving preference to local server over cross server, and I see no reason to have cross server at level 50 because of this.
oh, certainly, preference single server.

re "at level 50" the reason is the same, off peak, low population side/server, etc.