Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder Needed Badly.

Obi-Wun
01.01.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

1. Can continue questing while waiting for group to form.
2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.
3. Proves that BioWare can do something like this. Buys street creds.

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.
2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.
When I turn of Harpoon Shot, or Two Hook...please make it STAY OFF. KTHNXBAI

LexiCazam
01.16.2012 , 10:24 AM | #2
Because the previous thread has exceeded our normal threshold for thread length, we've started this new thread for the community to discuss this topic.

Developer post in the previous thread:
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Improving our LFG system is high on the list of features that Systems Design wants to add to the game. We want this to be good not just for helping people find Flashpoints and Operations to run, but also other multiplayer content like heroic missions. A key emphasis will be on advertising for specific role needs (healer, tank, DPS). This feature is currently in the design stage, and once this feature has moved beyond this to a development stage and has a firm ETA, I'll be coming back to you guys to give more details.

We've known we would need to revisit this feature for a while. In the level-up game, finding players isn't too rough because, with few exceptions, everyone in that level band is either on your planet or on the fleet. Once more and more players hit endgame, and are spending their time in more places, the need for this feature is going to increase. Note that right now, high level players have the opposite problem - there aren't enough other players up there to group with. This problem will dissipate as the game ages, and more players reach the later levels.

That being said, our design team doesn't philosophically believe that cross-server Flashpoints are good for the game at this stage in the game's lifespan. There is huge social pressure to not be a jerk that goes away when the odds that you will never see these people again is high. I'm not saying never - there may come a time in the future where we reevaluate this - but at least in the short term, we believe this will cause more damage to the community than good.
As always, we ask that the community keep the following things in mind when responding:
  1. No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  2. Please stay on topic.
  3. Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  4. If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  5. Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is trolling, please use the Flag function to report their post.

Thank you!

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Obi-Wun View Post
What this game really needs at this point...is a Dungeon Finder. It was a huge success in other MMO's, no reason for it not to be in this game.

Pros:

1. Can continue questing while waiting for group to form.
2. Prevents trolls from sitting there ruining General Chat while they are bored trying to fill a group.
3. Proves that BioWare can do something like this. Buys street creds.

Cons:

1. Some people think it ruins the community...but I think they are wrong. They obviously have not sat for an hour trying to fill a Flashpoint group.
2. People who think like that are probably in a huge guild and have no trouble filling groups. We're usually filling 2-3 of 4 and just need that last role.
General Chat LFG is trolling?

LMFAO

Another I'm too "entitled" to look for a group thread.

Edit:
BTW I played vanilla WoW where it took an hour to walk to the instance and you didn't even have a group started.

Durio
01.16.2012 , 10:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zezel View Post

LMFAO

Another I'm to lazy to look for a group thread.
This is a game, if I want to work then I'll go work.

Gohlar
01.16.2012 , 10:32 AM | #5

LMFAO

Heh I agree spamming chat is not trolling, but I've never liked people using the word lazy when referring to a video game.

Games are supposed to be fun. Sometimes I want to make friends, sometimes I just want to play.

ferroz
01.16.2012 , 10:34 AM | #6

LMFAO

Edit:
BTW I played vanilla WoW where it took an hour to walk to the instance and you didn't even have a group started.
Hey, if you want to create that same feeling
  1. get a hammer
  2. hit self on head for 30 minutes
  3. look for a group
  4. play through group content

personally, I'd really like to skip to step 4. But if the hammer thing floats your boat you can always do that.

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Durio View Post
This is a game, if I want to work then I'll go work.
If forming a group is "work" I would question what you call work and/or your choice of game genre.

LFG is an opposite of what a MMORPG is and should be.

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gohlar View Post
Heh I agree spamming chat is not trolling, but I've never liked people using the word lazy when referring to a video game.

Games are supposed to be fun. Sometimes I want to make friends, sometimes I just want to play.
Fixed changed to "entitled".

Jett-Rinn
01.16.2012 , 10:36 AM | #9
Though the compensated hate machine swears up and down the game is dying I have no problems finding a group I ask and ten minutes later I am ready to start my flash point...much faster than WoWzorz LFD ever was.
No one hates Star Wars as much as "Star Wars fans"

Zezel
01.16.2012 , 10:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn View Post
Though the compensated hate machine swears up and down the game is dying I have no problems finding a group I ask and ten minutes later I am ready to start my flash point...much faster than WoWzorz LFD ever was.
Never had any issues either.