Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please allow dual spec or cap respec costs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Please allow dual spec or cap respec costs.

Basiliscus
01.05.2012 , 05:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugjuice View Post
Why respec or dual spec? Just re-roll. Levelling is easy enough, and even fun. If they start allowing dual specs, then that will ensure strict adherence to the hated MMORPG-trinity. Otherwise content will not be challenging, and half the specs out there, will hardly be used.
um, the game already relies on the trinity. And certainly wouldnt more so with dual specs.

Shivus
01.05.2012 , 05:06 AM | #22
I would greatly appreciate the ability to switch between my standard shieldtech PVE tank build and a PVP build when I wish to participate in warzones.

Gnowall
01.05.2012 , 05:07 AM | #23
Dual Spec??? NO THANKS.

Donīt make the PVP and PVE a casual play mode. If someone is lvling a char on tank mode for PVE, ok. But if someone wants to do PVP, take another char... lvl it all the time doing WZ (is not necesary to do pve for get exp) and make your PVP build.

Donīt make a WoW2 pls. And the rolls on Rift are the best cheating pvp mode that i have seen ever, totaly unbalanced. What do you want to see? A sith sorcerer (that supposed to be heal) making more dps that a pure dps char?

If you donīt want to start to lvling a new char, you have a solution. Pay the reroll spec, is an economic justification of the game. You MUST PAY for learning new skills, BUT you MUST PAY TOO for forget it. Is a prioriti and a fair question about economic of the game and ROL.

Sorry for my bad english. XD

Sytha
01.05.2012 , 05:15 AM | #24
At the moment there is no way they could implement duel spec !!! First reason is that there are only 4 classes and with duel spec you would lose the feeling (not so common) of being a healer or tank of that class! There would be to many people the "same", second reason is bioware will want people to be online as long as possible, in the early/mid questing areas keeping it busy for group quests & flash points etc and adding duel spec will stop alot of people making alts (other characters).
In the future when there are more classes & steady number of people playing I'm sure it will be an option!! But let them sort the bugs/glitches out first as they are far more importand !!

Dirtylobster
01.05.2012 , 05:15 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugjuice View Post
Why respec or dual spec? Just re-roll. Levelling is easy enough, and even fun. If they start allowing dual specs, then that will ensure strict adherence to the hated MMORPG-trinity. Otherwise content will not be challenging, and half the specs out there, will hardly be used.
Are you for real or just trolling us? Its 5 days playtime to reach 50...
Add the time to actually get two sets of identical gear....

We need dual spec or cheaper respec costs.

Gelantious
01.05.2012 , 05:19 AM | #26
People that are specced as tanks or healers and complaining that they can't kill or do quests fast enough. You do realize this is a mmo game right? Just group up with someone instead of playing alone.

I'm DPS myself, but I'm always questing with one of the tanks in our guild. Because it's more fun to play together with people!

Dual-spec makes the game too easy, and when you make something too easy it becomes boring. If you want wow, then go play wow.

Ciqala
01.05.2012 , 05:24 AM | #27
Quests are far far far far too easy atm Duel spec would just make it worse

Aiace
01.05.2012 , 05:25 AM | #28
UP for dual spec.

U want the game harder, u want to roll 8 chars? Just do it, do not bash on people that want to experience all the content with just their main.

Jambert
01.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #29
Never really understood the arbitrary money sink in MMOs that is the class respec, I think this is something Rift did really well.

There are multiple specs for different circumstances, in my own playstyle, SI Assassin geared towards tanking. In PvP I go for a hybrid spec which lends itself to more of a support / peel role, then in PvE a pure tanking spec. At this stage both routes are a viable way of building up gear for progress @ 50. I also like to do both, but with respecs now costing 100k at the last try it's just forcing me to choose one avenue of the game to play.
Smashed It.

RamataKahn
01.05.2012 , 05:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Guarrand View Post
Actually.. Dual Spec is so wrong....
Feels like cheating to me.
Or more like spoiling people who cant choose and want everything easy.

If you want to tank... roll a tank.
If you want to healer ... roll a healer.
etc..
Whats wrong with creating 3 chars?...

And if you dont want to roll 3 chars... then you have to pay for the privilege of not having to level up 2-3 chars.

Sounds normal to me.

Being able to create 1 char that can fill 3 rolls on the fly is not only "to easy" ... its also just plain unrealistic (yes.. i said it.. unrealistic in a fantasy game!!)

But hey.. it'll probably be implemented cause there are more people wanting easy-play then there are people that want a challenge
Good thing you aren't a dev with that metality.