Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please introduce dual spec ASAP

DaxRendar
02.11.2012 , 12:52 AM | #831
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
BC was the last expanision that totally made us use different group make ups.. EVen Kara had fights that required 3 tanks.. Although they didn't all have to be tanks. SSC was a nightmare for tanks, as was Guuls and Mags.. Gruuls expecially for the fight before Gruuls.. You needed like 3 or 4 tanks for that one.. Been a long time since I did that one..
You know how my progression Guild handled HKM/Gruul? We had extra healers, DPS, and Tanks waiting right outside the instance entrance.

They were swapped into the Raid for the fights where they were needed and swapped right out after that.

We weren't even really "hardcore" but we followed the strats set by those guilds to ensure our best chance of success.

Dual Spec when it came just meant that people didn't have to spend 1-3 hours of their precious gameplaying time staring at an instance entrance hoping the Raid made it to the one fight they were needed on or that somebody DC'ed.

...But people don't want that now.. They don't want to work or earn it..

Right after dual speccing was introduced in WOW.. People started complaining how hard raids were.. For the simple reason that they were now playing specs they did not know how to play.. So the raids got nerfed.. Then they got nerfed again, and again.. To the point now where people are one shoting Death wing.. My old guild one shot Death Wing the day he came out.. No joke.. YEs.. I attribute much of that to Dual speccing..

So I am not missing the point.. I lived the point.. We are also on the same side here and you might want to consider that..

My only issue was that you appeared to no understand the desire for dual speccing. I understand it very much.. We had it and used it in LK.. My officers and myself hated it.. It really was a tragedy how many healers there were that didn't know how to heal.. Or what even what spec to use.. Not to mention how to use their skills and talents.. These people would not have survived BC raids.. That is the simple truth of the matter.. Back when you actaully had to earn your victories and work for your gear.. When having a boss drop actually meant something..
It wasn't Dual Spec that "dumbed" the fights down, especially in WotLK - Blizzard did that all on their own by throwing Purples at people along with the plethora of "Raid Assist" addons (DBM, Recount, HealBot, PowerAuras, etc.) that fundamentally changed how the game was played.

Blizzard made a distinct and planned decision that they wanted the vast majority of their Raid content to be accessible by a large percentage of their playerbase. That's where Badge/Token Gear came from. That's where you could run Heroics for complete (prior) Tier Sets. It wasn't Dual Spec at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabii
meters are good tools, so is a hammer, but if you put a hammer in the hands of a hyper active attention starved chimp no good can come of it.

DragonAgeOrgins
02.11.2012 , 12:54 AM | #832
They already said they are adding dual spec in the latest questions and answers. Why is this thread still alive?

MalignX
02.11.2012 , 12:56 AM | #833
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonAgeOrgins View Post
They already said they are adding dual spec in the latest questions and answers. Why is this thread still alive?
To drink the nay sayers salty tears?
Just because I do not care, does not mean I do not understand.

MajikMyst
02.11.2012 , 12:58 AM | #834
Quote: Originally Posted by aznthecapn View Post
And you subbed out classes you didn't need. Which is what happens here as well. If you didn't, you were in a very, very small minority.

These people exist without dual spec. As long as you CAN change your spec, there will be people who play specs they don't understand. Dual spec will not make that any worse.
Yes.. We subbed out some people at times.. It got more people involved and also forced people to compete for first string raid spots.. It worked out awsome..

Sure.. There will always be people playing classes they don't understand.. Do you want it to be 20% of the gaming populationn or 80%??

You compare the people that played WOW during vanilla and BC.. Most everyone knew how to at least play their mains.. Lich King and Dual spec comes out?? You are lucky if they even knew what a main was.. Slight exageration but still.. You had people healing that didn't know how to heal that were forced to switch so that they could be able to raid.. I had a lock in BC.. Before it was Blizzards nerf poster child.. I switched to a Paladin to insure that I would get to raid.. I could tank, heal, or DPS.. I was mediochre at all three specs.. My best spec was Affliction.. I owned at that.. But who needs another DPS?? I wasn't the only one that had that issue.. My wife went from a mage to a priest for the same reason.. A lot of people I know were forced by dual speccing to play classes they didn't like or weren't passionate about.. Hence they weren't as good..

It is a simple reality that nobody wants to look at and consider.. I would rather master my class and compete for a spot, than be flushed out because I can't spec into a tank or a heals..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

DragonAgeOrgins
02.11.2012 , 01:01 AM | #835
Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

From this thread:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012 <-- read it

DUAL SPEC IS BEING ALLOWED. No further need for this thread or debate. They are ADDING IT, confirmed.

aznthecapn
02.11.2012 , 01:38 AM | #836
Sure.. There will always be people playing classes they don't understand.. Do you want it to be 20% of the gaming populationn or 80%??
Dual spec does not magically make more people dumber.

You compare the people that played WOW during vanilla and BC.. Most everyone knew how to at least play their mains.. Lich King and Dual spec comes out?? You are lucky if they even knew what a main was..
Again, dual spec did not make that an issue. When Blizzard made raiding a joke with the re-release of Naxxramas and the dumbing down of mechanics it brought far more people to the front door of raiding. The more people you had raiding, the more people you had doing endgame heroics, the more people you encountered who were idiots. Dual spec didn't cause this number to go up. Blizzard's policy change on access to endgame content made those people who were already there that much more visible to the playerbase. Cross realm LFD tool made it exponentially worse.

A lot of people I know were forced by dual speccing to play classes they didn't like or weren't passionate about.. Hence they weren't as good..
You've been doing this the entire thread. You're blaming an inanimate in game system for issues cause by PEOPLE. Its your fault you were A) part of a guild who thought it was okay to force people into different classes for their own needs and B) ignorant enough to agree to it! This is an issue with very remote members of the community. Every guild I was ever in (account creation Nov. 27, 2004, never inactive) wanted people to play the spec they chose. You play better when its a class/spec you like. If someone swapped mains its because they offered to fill a need - not because we made them. We always made sure it was something they would enjoy doing.

I never once heard of anyone being forced into a class they hated to fill roles and I was very active in a tightly knit server community. I would have heard if this had ever happened in EITHER faction. I'm sorry it was an issue for you but it clearly was something you could have done something about and not a fault of dual spec.
Ke'lan & Mod'rianne - Member of <Psy Ops> - Empire
Ke'lann & Dyn'zel - Officer of <Endor Rangers> - Republic
“Do or do not... there is no try.”

Yvin
02.11.2012 , 03:21 PM | #837
Hello everyone!

With new information available, we have decided to close this thread. Friday's Q&A blog the question for dual spec:

Quote:
Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.
We do have a new topic for this discussion, however, which may be found here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=291692

Now that this discussion has moved from a suggestion to something that is an incoming implementation, we're closing this thread and asking everyone to continue in the above thread, as the conversation has shifted!

Thanks folks!