Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please introduce dual spec ASAP

HavenAE
12.30.2011 , 07:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Valkirus View Post
I will throw my 3 cents ( inflation ) worth in and say "no" to dual spec. Choices should make a major difference in TOR. I think one of the things which has lead to the slow degrade of WoW is the addition to dual spec.
This is incredibly short sighted.

First this game will have to rely heavily on it's endgame. To deny dual-spec would be to weaken that function. Less tanks and less healers means less operations and flashpoints.

You can already reset your spec for credits, so choosing your role isn't something that's a permanent choice in the first place. Now if you're confused and you think people mean you should be able to switch between once advanced class and the other, then I agree you should be locked into that. But as far as group roles go, more options and flexability is a good thing for the game in the long run.

People do not want to and will not play a game where they have to spend hours waiting for a healer or tank to long on or come around to run a raid or a dungeon. I for one did enough of that in Final Fantasy XI.
Have a complaint? Click this link before posting.

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

zandadoum
12.30.2011 , 08:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Calgetorix View Post
I still want to see some of the pro dual-spec people come up with a good explanation why dual-spec is different than dual-AC.
dual specc is what in wow would be switching from a fire mage to a frost mage: no big deal
dual AC is like asking to change from a mage to a priest.

no thx. i agree on dual specc if decently implemented, but there has to be SOME limit and dual AC is crossing the line imo.

pauledangerously
12.30.2011 , 08:09 AM | #13
Dual spec yes. Dual AC good god no.

gumnutza
12.30.2011 , 08:10 AM | #14
It takes less than a month for even a casual gamer to hit 50, what is the point of dual speccing?

iselb
12.30.2011 , 08:13 AM | #15
I'd like duel spec, I've got a level 23 Jedi Guardian and I really regret making him tank, for two reasons... Solo playing is really slow and takes me a while to take a group of mobs down. And I've recently got really interested in pvp on other characters and I tried playing on my Jedi Guardian and I sank like the titanic.

I want to make my Jedi... Sentinal.

Calgetorix
12.30.2011 , 08:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HavenAE View Post
Because AC is essentially a different class entirely for some classes. You're looking at it like there are only 8 classes when there are actually 16.

Look at the enormous difference in playstyle between Assassin/shadow and sorcerer/sage. One is essentially a mage and the other a rogue type class.

Now the difference in play style in say a Deception assassin and a darkness assassin (dps and tank) is not so much a difference as shifting from nearly all melee to ranged.
I take it you mean 4 classes compared to 8? But I agree, they are distinct but so are different specs. It's not just something you should flip-flop between.

There's a huge difference in playstyle as well between healer and rogue but scoundrel can do decide to do both. I think the 2 as completely different of each other yet they are within the same AC. I can't see why you make the distinction between ranged/melee but not healing/dps'ing.

Dualspec would allow more tanks and healers while keeping you confined to the advanced class you chose since every class has a selection where you could shift between.

Also some classes, a dual AC system would make no sense. Why would a shadow consular be able to be completely into the force and then at a moments notice be able to switch to more of a lightsaber fighter?
I agree that it might increase the number of possible healers/tanks.

The other thing you pointed can also be applied to dual-specs.

While it's convenient, it ruins the immersion/diversity/etc.

Aside from that it would completely remove the reason to want to re-level a classes to choose a different AC, thus you're effectively killing leveling longevity. People stop rolling new toons, they get bored, they quit.

As an example, I played WoW on and off for 6 years. I had several capped toons, I participated heavily in endgame content but if I had no reason to go back and make alts and learn new things while leveling I wouldn't have played for as long as I did.
I'll try not to put words in your mouth but one reason I've heard people support dual spec is because rolling an alt is not an option for them.

As for your WoW example, I'm not exactly sure how that supports dual spec. Care to elaborate?

Dual-spec, fine.

Dual-AC no way in hell would I want that.
I disagree and can not see why you make that distinction. Hopefully I've made myself more clear.

Calgetorix
12.30.2011 , 08:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by zandadoum View Post
dual specc is what in wow would be switching from a fire mage to a frost mage: no big deal
dual AC is like asking to change from a mage to a priest.

no thx. i agree on dual specc if decently implemented, but there has to be SOME limit and dual AC is crossing the line imo.
Not exactly. I'm not sure comparing it to WoW makes any sense in this case. Unless you spec for healing on some characters, it's basically useless. I'm pretty sure you'll never see a scrapper scoundrel heal in an instance late-game.

MasterSaucy
12.30.2011 , 08:40 AM | #18
Even though I play with guildmates in instances, I see no use for SWTOR to having dualspec. One thing I hated in WoW is dualspec; everyone was needing on things they said they needed to their offspec and the person who actually needed it (and could use it) never got it.
Saucy: Gamer // Brony // Web designer

Saucy - Corrupt Legacy // Jedi Guardian // Modus Operandi // Republic - Hex Droid EU

zandadoum
12.30.2011 , 08:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterSaucy View Post
Even though I play with guildmates in instances, I see no use for SWTOR to having dualspec. One thing I hated in WoW is dualspec; everyone was needing on things they said they needed to their offspec and the person who actually needed it (and could use it) never got it.
offspecc roll = greed. not need.
if someone claims otherwise, he's just being a greedy douchebag

this can actually currently happen in swtor too: need for companion! need for offspecc (coz you know, you CAN respecc currently)

so, if you hated that in wow, you'll hate it here too and having or not, a dual specc system, won't make a difference.

KKCrispus
12.30.2011 , 09:07 AM | #20
I am in favor of dual-spec but mainly because i like to enjoy both the pve and pvp part of the game when i play mmo's. As hard as i can try making talents work best for pvp would hurt my abilities in pve and same goes the other way around. If im running flash points as my sniper im not gonna take cover screen for ranged defense, when i might actually want to take it if i want to do some warzones.

Not saying i want or need to see it implemented soon, but running back to the skill trainer every time i decide to switch from pvp to pve would be a little redundant and costly if i had to guess