buying a mac

ordiso

i'm buying a mac book and i know you can run this game using Boot camp, but im just unsure as to how it works? does it change my entire operating system to windows? and how does the games play on a mac ive had a look at the specs on the one i am getting and they should be able to run this game quite smoothly Edited by ordiso

I have a Mac Book Pro and play the game running windows 7 through bootcamp, you will need to buy a windows install disk to set up your bootcamp partition once you do that you will have an OSX side and a Windows side on your HD. To select what partition you want to start up you hold down the option key. You may need to re map some of the key bindings since a Mac keyboard is a bit different from a Windows keyboard. The game runs fine I have the settings set to the lowest because my computer is old.

i'm buying a mac book and i know you can run this game using Boot camp, but im just unsure as to how it works? does it change my entire operating system to windows? and how does the games play on a mac ive had a look at the specs on the one i am getting and they should be able to run this game quite smoothly

Your hard drive will be partitioned into two, your choice on size of each. When you boot into Windows, it will look and act exactly as a PC. I play SWTOR on my Mac desktop (5 years old) and it runs great). I occasionally play on my MacBook Pro. It's a laptop, so performance is not quite as good, but it is definitely playable.

I love all the threads by people buying macs because they are supposedly so much better than a pc with windows, and then asking people how to install windows on it so they can do all the stuff their awsome new mac won't support.

Truly awsomesauce, 100%

You'll need a MacBook Pro to get a video card that plays the game decently well -- that's what I have. My graphics settings are only medium, which is what you get with a laptop.

As for the Mac vs PC thing, it's blissful not to install drivers, ever, but it sucks to have to go to the PC partition to play good games. In the future I want to get a Maingear for gaming and a lighter-powered Mac laptop for everything else.

There's a PC emulator called Parallels that allows you to Windows like it's another application. I don't know anyone who's used it, but I chose the Bootcamp route so that the computer wouldn't be running two operating systems at once, basically.

Anyone remember the Mac commercials, where Mac claimed their computers are hacker-proof and never get viruses?

Then, when Mac sales picked up, Macs started having problems with viruses and hackers.

(Tried to find the commercial on YouTube, no luck, but I do remember a comercial where they claimed Macs don't get viruses).

The only reason they were able to make that claim at the time, was because few people had Macs, and hackers were just not interested in Macs, because so few people were dumb enough to buy them.

That changed pretty quick once Mac convinced enough people that Macs were better and more fun than PCs. Welcome to the New Age of Stupid.

Macs, whishing they could look like PC, smart, professional, and well dressed. Instead of looking like a college dropout. :w_cool: