Are We Ever Going To See A Ranked Queue For GSF?

I'm not big into land pvp, always get trounced by people with better gear and I am just plain bad. However I love GSF and I really want a ranked queue. With only one queue it gets very difficult to win against some higher tiered groups. There players who are too good or too far ahead for new players to even touch them. That is why I think a ranked queue would be good for GSF because the players who have min/maxed their ships are able to compete with people of their caliber. And the newbs then have a queue where your win/loss doesn't necessarily matter. And if aren't going to get a dedicated ranked queue the could we at least get leaderboard so that we can look at the top pilots.

I dont think there ever will be, when I do /who searches there appear to be only 2-3 games going at a time (maximum) most of the time its probably more like 1-2 games going on at once. With so few players queuing for GSF matches in general I doubt it could "support" a ranked que. If there was one I would certainly use it i(especially if it allowed for increased rewards)

Its going to sound really cliche, but this is what I did (when I was new and sucky). I started to add every good pilot I saw to my friends list, I then started to ask these people if they wanted to que up together. Some did not, but some did. VOIP is not required for this, when I started I didnt have a mic (for the first 2-3 months of play)

These players were better than I was, thus allowing me a little more time to learn how to fly and kill. Eventually I got my bearings and began learning the tricks that those around me were using. I would regularly ask people what my weaknesses were to try to see what I could do better. Over time I learned how to be a good pilot, how to spec my ships the way I like, and how to fly them the best way I can.

GSF is an especially team focused game, teams who organize can have a large advantage over PUG groups (especially ones who are new or dont work together well) Dont let this dishearten you, it just means your going to have to start talking to people and asking questions (many GSF people are friendly, so this shouldnt be an issue)

Also a loss shared with friends hurts a little less, so even when your getting rolled you can all laugh / ***** to eachother about it.

I would really just like a ranked queue for a leaderboard to see where I rank on my server and with other players. But if they could add this to the current queue then i would be happy. To me it seems like GSF was a great initial idea but with Galactic Strongholds coming to subscribers in June and there still being balance issues with GSF I'm scarred that GSF will become the next Ilum.

I think if people stuck with it and did not get discouraged with early losses we could get more and more games going and thus enable the ability to do ranked, but as of now there is not enough to warrant ranked. There is a new guide on the forums (Stasies Guide to GSF) iirc. This guide should help out with the component aspect of GSF. The actual piloting aspect can be helped by finding who the good pilots are and asking them for help. A majority of them are very helpful, although there are a few that think they are the best and everyone is below them. Unfortunately you cannot avoid the ones who are just stroking their e-peen, but I have found that most of the good ones will help and aid if/when they can.

No just no, if ranked was implemented there would be two things that might happen.

1) it dies instantly because there is not enough people

2) It ends in stacking the current Fotm. (like now it would be 12v12 gunship matches in TDM)

No just no, if ranked was implemented there would be two things that might happen.

1) it dies instantly because there is not enough people

2) It ends in stacking the current Fotm. (like now it would be 12v12 gunship matches in TDM)

<Shudders> at number 2.

That is almost currently how most death matches are atm anyway. Although i dont think a full strike/scout match would be entirely bad.

At least you'd be dogfighting. On the PTS when we actually got some test games happening, we banned gunships, a long with a few other rules like leaving one node uncapped(so we got more time testing) but without gunships, the game is thoroughly entertaining and balanced.

That alone should be indicative to the devs of what the problems are currently. But as we all know, GSF forums are almost all but ignored by Devs

Edited by Yndras

Imo the only way we can get a ranked GSF queue is by adding cross server match making and we all know that this isn't a likely addition to our meta game for a very long time or even never. If they were to make it more rewarding to queue for GSF if might potentially add to the players who join games simply to farm XP Or creds. This is also unlikely.

We cannot lose sight of the fact that GSF is what it is: a new Avenue by which players can spend Cartel Coins.

As have been said, we need cross server before we do something like that. Plus in ground pvp, there's two things- one rating, the other special gear. The gear decays with time, etc. We have nothing like this in GSF- and personally, I want nothing like this in GSF, the lack of that is a big draw to the ships.

Also to the OP: no one min/maxes. You only max. The term "min/max" means you have reduced some things in order to gain others. For instance, you make your fighter dumber to make him stronger. In this game you just get better.

i can see there will be a ranked queue eventually.

GSF is growing not strinking.

Some servers yeah may not have pop after pop in gsf, same as some servers with ground pvp, but on EU server red eclispe GSF pops are extremely frequant, on average i wait 1-3mins max between pops normally.

Ground pvp regular pops seems to be on increase also, and there also seems to be a influx of new / returning players since the announcment of new expansion on the arizon.

I really do hope that they introduce ranked for gsf and leader boards.

I hope not. why would you need a ranked GSF que?

reasons:

1 to fight the best and win

2 may think ya gods gift to gsf but how you compare to another servers aces? be interesting.

3 just for the satisfaction to see who is the best, consistant best etc, everyone loves stats :)

As i said in another thread, even if they couldnt introduce ranked seperate queue perhaps the solo rateing and leaderboards could be introduced.