Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mouseover Healing


Cyberkensho's Avatar


Cyberkensho
12.20.2011 , 04:27 AM | #131
I know I am repeating my self, but after reading all these replies I came to think that most people here are simply too lazy (or plain stupid) and dont realize that...
... you can already have mouse over healing! and click casting healing! and a Stable Target!

A) As I previously said there is software you can bind macro to mouse buttons (and keyboard keys) to automatically (1)click to select target (2)hit key to activate ability/heal (3)delay/wait till ability/heal casting time ends (4)Esc to disselect target. You just need 15 mins to set it up Max. (read my 1st post in topic).

B) The game already has FOCUS target frame for ***** sake just enable it from game config menu; Then select your target and hit alt+f. This will give you an additional focus frame on the right of your screen that doesnt change(when switching targets). You can use this for what ever purpose you like tank, Boss, CC... you name it.

with this method I am already using mouse-over and click-casting over the game's default focus & raid frames that are already unbelievably good for healing (and not only).

Till the time developers implement it by default you just need 15 mins to have this all working(repeating my self again) Jeez!

.
...oh yea and sorry for my bad English.
(█████████████████████╬HΞHΞ()ΞHΞH╬█████████████████████)

rehnisjr's Avatar


rehnisjr
12.20.2011 , 05:38 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberkensho View Post
I know I am repeating my self, but after reading all these replies I came to think that most people here are simply too lazy (or plain stupid) and dont realize that...
... you can already have mouse over healing! and click casting healing! and a Stable Target!

A) As I previously said there is software you can bind macro to mouse buttons (and keyboard keys) to automatically (1)click to select target (2)hit key to activate ability/heal (3)delay/wait till ability/heal casting time ends (4)Esc to disselect target. You just need 15 mins to set it up Max. (read my 1st post in topic).

B) The game already has FOCUS target frame for ***** sake just enable it from game config menu; Then select your target and hit alt+f. This will give you an additional focus frame on the right of your screen that doesnt change(when switching targets). You can use this for what ever purpose you like tank, Boss, CC... you name it.

with this method I am already using mouse-over and click-casting over the game's default focus & raid frames that are already unbelievably good for healing (and not only).

Till the time developers implement it by default you just need 15 mins to have this all working(repeating my self again) Jeez!

.
...oh yea and sorry for my bad English.
Using third party software to automate tasks in the game is a bannable offence?

Aside from that, do you not think it would be alot easier and smoother to have this implemented ingame instead of having to use third party software.

Erevan_Kindelar's Avatar


Erevan_Kindelar
12.20.2011 , 05:44 AM | #133
I am a "main healing" noob with SWTOR - I have been healing in other games, but never in raids or large party situations other than Planetside, which has an entirely different system so it is not particularly relevant to the discussion.

I find that, with the 4-man groups, there is no real need for mouseover healing. Sure, it would make my life easier and I might be a better healer if I had the option, but I am fat enough and lazy enough as it is, without the game giving me another crutch.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Skiiba's Avatar


Skiiba
12.20.2011 , 05:55 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
I am a "main healing" noob with SWTOR - I have been healing in other games, but never in raids or large party situations other than Planetside, which has an entirely different system so it is not particularly relevant to the discussion.

I find that, with the 4-man groups, there is no real need for mouseover healing. Sure, it would make my life easier and I might be a better healer if I had the option, but I am fat enough and lazy enough as it is, without the game giving me another crutch.
There is more to the game than 4 man flashpoints.
Skiiba - Medic
Mandalorian Forge
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
YouTube | Recruitment Thread

Cyberkensho's Avatar


Cyberkensho
12.20.2011 , 06:20 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by rehnisjr View Post
Using third party software to automate tasks in the game is a bannable offence?

Aside from that, do you not think it would be alot easier and smoother to have this implemented ingame instead of having to use third party software.
Well for once logitech and Razer give drivers and software to bind and to macro for their input devices; that is the kind of software I mean, I dont mean anything illegal like a bot or something (NO auto tasks that is). Its easy to find software to bind for any mouse or keyboard for free over the net.

Ofc I do agree with you, it would be better if In-game.

I am just pointing (a bit too intensively) to a temporary alternative to mouse-over, one easy for everyone.
Sadly it seems though that most people do not even know (from what I get to read in this topic) that there is a focus and stable target frame already ingame (they keep talking about loosing their target when they heal having to reselect and all that kind of ********).
(█████████████████████╬HΞHΞ()ΞHΞH╬█████████████████████)

Shroudveil's Avatar


Shroudveil
12.20.2011 , 09:20 AM | #136
after playing a bit (lvl 27now) my ONLY gripe with the ui is the buff timers.

it is ridiculous to mouseover the buff icons to see the exact time left on a hot espesially since the icons are so small and the fase out effect of them running off so vague.

apart from that, with raid frames and enabled numbers for hps it is ridicusly easy to just click and heal, but monitoring hots on 2-3people is atm impossible.

Malusz's Avatar


Malusz
12.21.2011 , 09:47 AM | #137
Real healers actually use commands, a blindfold, and a single-sleeved jacket.
Those keybinds are way too convenient.

Type the following to become a true healer worth his salt:

/select nextfriendly
/cast "Healingspell"{rankofspell}{spellmodifier}

THEN we can talk how good you really are.
Now of course, that's probably too hardcore and you're going to whine that having a nicely laid user interface isn't superfluous.
Well... know that it is!

When I was young, we had 14k modems, no mouse and we were healing gods. Blindfolds were mandatory: seeing the screen would have made healing way too casual friendly.

You have it easy nowadays. You've no idea.


Reasoning by absurdity to reach the unreasonable.
Procrastinate today for a better tomorrow!

Jilla's Avatar


Jilla
12.21.2011 , 11:39 AM | #138
I was an end game healer in my last MMO... our guild was server first all the time, etc. and for some reason, I was the favorite healer. I was also a favorite healer in PvP (I always found my favored status interesting since everyone thought I was so knowledgeable but truth is I healed more by instinct and feel and less on theory-craft. I couldn't theroy-craft my way out of a barn with no walls! I used to go to the forums and see what other people were doing and then try our their builds and ideas to see if it fit for me. )

Anyway, I never used mouse-over healing and did just fine. I kind of had a knack for just knowing what skill to use when... I could predict damage and base my heals on looking at the debuffs, the boss position, target or target (or in the case of PvP knowing the personality and fight style of the opposing players).

Anyway, all that said, I really don't have a problem with adding mouseover healing as long as raid leaders or healing class leaders don't "require" it for raiding. That's my only real concern with this issue.

Just wanted to throw that out there... oh, and yes, I also miss target of target (I'd love to see it, but I suppose I can adapt).
-You came here in that thing? You're braver than I thought. - Princess Leia

ErrantMercenary's Avatar


ErrantMercenary
12.21.2011 , 01:56 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
Anyway, I never used mouse-over healing and did just fine. I kind of had a knack for just knowing what skill to use when... I could predict damage and base my heals on looking at the debuffs, the boss position, target or target.
All things that need an upgrade in the current UI. Buff/Debuff timers? Nah. Being able to look at your environment? Nope, the UI is static.


Quote: Originally Posted by Jilla View Post
Anyway, all that said, I really don't have a problem with adding mouseover healing as long as raid leaders or healing class leaders don't "require" it for raiding. That's my only real concern with this issue.
That's player based, and has nothing to do with the requests being made of BioWare to add basic functionality to the UI so that healers can scratch "Interacting with the game" off the list of challenges they face when doing their job.
Don't worry guys, my motorcycle safety course was three whole days.

qqemokitty's Avatar


qqemokitty
12.21.2011 , 02:10 PM | #140
I feel the need to bring up the fact that operation frames are pretty great, somewhat customizable and movable, and can be used in place of regular party frames.

The Buff/Debuff display still sucks though. :P


Mouseover healing is not something I feel Bioware needs to add to the game itself, anymore than they should add built in clickcasting.

But giving us the ability to use UI mods... that is coming, yes? *daydreams*
Let them see what is not there, and feel what does not touch them.
When they no longer trust their senses... that is the time to strike.