Powertech leveling spec

orcusrbl

Hey! I am lvl 25 and am using the Advanced Prototype tree too. It is awesome, very high dmg, very maneuverable and really good fun.

Here is my spec so far, is it the same as yours?:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsMMRR.1

I find this is great for dpsing in groups however when I pvp or am solo questing I use the tanking Ion Gas Cylinder instead of the proper High Energy Gas cylinder as it gives you 60% armour, 5% dmg reduction and 15% shield chance.

For pvp it is currently totally unbeatable.

Edited by jonostar

I'm leveling as shield tech and I'm doing just fine. I was happier when I had Gault than Mako, because after gearing him up he drops things pretty quickly and I hardly have a scatch on me. But, Mako did a fine job of healing me, again after some gear modifications, and contributing some extra damage.

yeah i am leveling a shield tech aswell seems pretty good a bit slow in some fights but with mako you can do most 2 man heroic quests your self witch safes time if no one else is around to group with, also makes main story quest super easy.

Hey! I am lvl 25 and am using the Advanced Prototype tree too. It is awesome, very high dmg, very maneuverable and really good fun.

Here is my spec so far, is it the same as yours?:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsMMRR.1

I find this is great for dpsing in groups however when I pvp or am solo questing I use the tanking Ion Gas Cylinder instead of the proper High Energy Gas cylinder as it gives you 60% armour, 5% dmg reduction and 15% shield chance.

For pvp it is currently totally unbeatable.

I'm 25 too and I'm using that exact same build.

No one is using pyrotech then?

You shouldn't invest in gear until your 40's. it's pointless and a waste of money....

You pay with pvp commendations, not money. At that level you are capped at a thousand which you can make in no time, so you may as well spend them

yeah i am leveling a shield tech aswell seems pretty good a bit slow in some fights but with mako you can do most 2 man heroic quests your self witch safes time if no one else is around to group with, also makes main story quest super easy.

bingo. i take out even champion mobs with no difficulty so far. i can't solo groupx4's if it's like.. 3 elites+ per pull (i.e. the jedi-quest on narshaddah, i couldn't do that solo) - but, while slightly slow on long fights, you've got tons of survivability.

i've not come close to dying yet as shieldtech lvling. i usually pull a couple groups together and then flame whirl them/death from above/flamethrower. very fast. it's fun being durable :)

Combat Training quarter, look for the female human in heavy armor that's just a PvP vendor (not Battlemaster, Champion or any other prefix). You can get implants (and an earpiece?). You can also get relics from your LS/DS vendor at that level.

What are these 'relics' you speak of sir!

• 7 months later...
I am currently level 39 and almost 40 and I've been leveling Shield Tech since level 15. It has been very fun and once i got jet charge at level 30 it is always so fun to jump to other people and interrupt their heals. I never really lost much health in fights with Mako but when i got Torian I decided to start using him because it seems so much easier to gear him ( I use my old armor with new mods and armoring).

I am currently level 39 and almost 40 and I've been leveling Shield Tech since level 15. It has been very fun and once i got jet charge at level 30 it is always so fun to jump to other people and interrupt their heals. I never really lost much health in fights with Mako but when i got Torian I decided to start using him because it seems so much easier to gear him ( I use my old armor with new mods and armoring).

I leveled shield tech from lvl10 on . Leveleing as a tank It may have taken me a little longer to kill something, but my surviebility was great (mako on heals), and now at 48 I know what every one of my tanking abilites are and pretty much know how and when to use my CD's.