Revan Reborn: how he obtained his body after The Foundry?

Darth_Delator

This thread contains SPOILERS from Shadow Of Revan Expansion. So if you don't wanna anything to be spoiled up, just stop reading this.

Ok, so It seems to me like an empty blank in the story of new expansion. At the end we've learned that man under mask is really Revan - it's his face, his voice (while more rough then usual). But how is this possible, if at the end of Foundry flashpoint Revan's body was disintegrated (just like Obi-Wan's body disappeared in The New Hope)?

I always speculated before release of 3.0 that this person is some sort of cyborg, product of Rakata/ Gree/ Dread Master's technologies *filled* with Revan's conscious, which Revan's mask contained, the same mask you've stolen from Lord Grathan's estate on Dromund Kaas (Empire side).

So, my question to BioWare writers is: how this unrested dark Revan re-obtained his original body? This must be explained.

Thank you

Edited by Darth_Delator

This thread contains SOILERS from Shadow Of Revan Expansion. So if you don't wanna anything to be spoiled up, just stop reading this.

Ok, so It seems to me like an empty blank in the story of new expansion. At the end we've learned that man under mask is really Revan - it's his face, his voice (while more rough then usual). But how is this possible, if at the end of Foundry flashpoint Revan's body was disintegrated (just like Obi-Wan's body disappeared in The New Hope)?

I always speculated before release of 3.0 that this person is some sort of cyborg, product of Rakata/ Gree/ Dread Master's technologies *filled* with Revan's conscious, which Revan's mask contained, the same mask you've stolen from Lord Grathan's estate on Dromund Kaas (Empire side).

So, my question to BioWare writers is: how this unrested dark Revan re-obtained his original body? This must be explained.

Thank you

Fold Space I guess.

The DS-Revan at any rate. The LS-Revan just chose to move on.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Semi-snarky reply: He had his Phase Walk shelter in another room in the Foundry and hit the G.T.F.O. button at the end of that fight...

Two more serious possibilities:

1. As DW said, he wasn't becoming one with the Force at the end of the Foundry, he used the Fold Space ability, or some other exotic force power (which I suppose is actually pretty much the same, in substance, as my initial, snarky reply).

2. If Jedi can dematerialize their bodies as they willingly 'move on' I suppose it may be possible for someone sufficiently powerful to 'undo' that process in/near the moment they are doing so. His body dissolves, but before he finishes 'crossing over' a powerful enough part of his psyche resists, and this unique 'split' happens, with his Dark Side half rejecting the process so completely that is also short circuits the dissolution - re-materializing his body with only that aspect in control as his Light Side half continues the crossing over.

The closest we've seen to (2) before in the lore was when [spoilers for Legacy of the Force series, Sacrifice and Inferno in particular]:

After Mara Jade's death, she was able to hold off on 'crossing over' (or at least the dissolution of her body part of it) until Jacen arrived at her funeral - giving her loved ones a clue that he had been her killer.

Edited by DarthDymond

Semi-snarky reply: He had his Phase Walk shelter in another room in the Foundry and hit the G.T.F.O. button at the end of that fight...

You jest but that actually makes perfect sense. :D

Either that or perhaps Force Cloak? He was severely weakened after all. As such, he went invisible and used Phase Walk after using Seethe. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Thanks for good points that were suggested!

In case of Fold Space I think Revan first "teleportated", being severely injured (explains his new scars, battle damaged armor) he was ready to die. One part of concious left him, "dark" woke up.

Still, to me this whole "soul split" theory is extremely silly, it's not "Star Wars" at all.. I like more if this "Revan" would be sort of Frankenstein monster, created by Revanite fanatics (again, using mask stolen from Grathan's estate). For him realization that he's not real could make a decent dramatical impact on player, with proper performance in scene.

BioWare! While friendly chat on the matter of plot and story on forums always pleasant, I think such crucial details in plot must be clarified during in-game process. "Go and use your imagination. He was dead - not he's not" attitude won't do. I suggest to create Lore Entry, explaining this force phenomenon that allowed Revan to preserve his body and stay alive.

Edited by Darth_Delator

• 5 years later...
I'm really confused about Revan the master of the Foundry, cause revan died centuries ago, so is the Master of the Foundry actually Revan Reborn? is it actually revan, like did he survive somehow? can somebody explain it to me? i'm so confused

The Revan story arc in SWTOR has two parts, one Imperial side with the FPs Boarding Party and Foundry and on the Republic side Taral V and Maelstrom Prison. The Republic side takes place before the events of Boarding Party and Foundry and sort of explain how Revan turns up centuries after the Kotor timeline.

At the end of Kotor Revan took off to the unknown regions, and tried to kill the Emperor, he was stopped by Lord Scourge though as is told with a novel and a few conversations between Jedi Knight and Lord Scourge. In short the Sith Emperor imprisoned him in some combination of force stasis and Sith alchemy, keeping him alive and trying to break his mind for three centuries. The Republic part of the story is about freeing him after a force ghost appeared to a Jedi master. The Exile, the character of Kotor2 I think, telling them to free Revan before he succumbs to the emperor. Instead of leading /rejoining the Rebublic though, Revan leaves the Republic in order to make war on his own and use the Foundry to kill all Sith. That is where the Imperial part comes in. It's unclear if Revan's 'rescue/escape' wasn't staged by the Empire to have him lead them to the Foundry, in conversations with Revan at the Foundry the player can claim that to be the case, but there isn't any actual evidence to back it up.

Another side note, if you ever wondered why from some point on Grandmoff Kilran no longer briefs Imperial players about FPs/the war efforts, you should play the Republic parts too.

Edited by Khaleijo