merc reactive healer

cub-lover

COMPLETELY redesign their healing mechanic that way their are 3 unique healing styles and may even help out in pvp. let me explain the **** of a scoundrel/opertive healer focus on heals over time mostly. The sage/sorc are more of a casting healer with a couple of HOTS. Now the merc/mando is the best single target healer but maybe if they were less single target and more of a reactive based healer for example kolto shell/trauma probe react to damage

why not base the entire merc/mando healing tree around reactive healing? for example med scan/healing scan could apply three-four charge of reactive healing, that stack up to a maximum of three or four times, yet can be used in conjunction with kolto shell/trauma probe, also using support cylinder's effect with kolto bomb/missile could consume all the reactive charges on the affected targets and heal them for their combined amount, also you could let us use kolto shell/trauma probe on more than one person but lessen the effect per person it is applied to, could be applied to a maximum of three people?

Fundamentally rewriting an entire classes basic mechanics is incredibly cost-ineffective compared to patching/developing the current skeleton. Secondly by doing so you run the risk of annoying every mando who enjoys the class built the way it is.

More reactive healing will probably happen since they've said they're working on trauma probe. Reworking the class to be all about reactive healing will not.

Edited by CaptainApop

completely remaking the mercenary healing class is too much. it would be cool if kolto shell was expanded and we had the option to give additional kolto shells to other allies at a reduced charge. (for example the first ally gets the 13 charges, the second one gets 8, the third gets 5.)

it would cost a lot of heat though

Because it would suck for PVE

As far as healing the whole ops group yes... But I don't think it would be so bad if used on the tanks. He suggested an idea of using other spells to consume all of the charges and that would be your burst healing for when you need it. Otherwise it is just really strong HoTs that cant over heal because they only heal when damage is taken. More of a defensive stat than a heal really. Your tank gets hit 3 of 4 swings and only one of those is really for full damage. All of the reactive healing would be applied as more of a damage buffer. As long as you don't get one shot your instantly healed to prevent the next swing from being able to one shot you.

I also agree that completely remaking the class would use to much resource and they don't have a BAD class to begin with. Kolto shell is a really cool idea and its awesome to know that it helps soften all of the hits by bosses already. In the end it was made to be cast on one person only because it was free. Now it has a cost but is still highly limited by not having a cost at one point.

Even though I don't agree with everything being reactive the idea of using another spell to pop all of the stacks from kolto shell was bad ***. I will likely dream of this tonight.

One thing you are fundamentally wrong about... we aren't the best single target healers. Sorcs are. I'm critting rapid scans for 9-10K, our sorc healer crits for 12k plus on her big heals. Not to mention our energy regen pales in comparison to theirs. Plus, their AOE heal does far more overall healing and KM.

• 2 weeks later...
One thing you are fundamentally wrong about... we aren't the best single target healers. Sorcs are. I'm critting rapid scans for 9-10K, our sorc healer crits for 12k plus on her big heals. Not to mention our energy regen pales in comparison to theirs. Plus, their AOE heal does far more overall healing and KM.

We are most definitely the best single target heals. I regularly crit between the mid to high 11K and low 12k. With an available emergency I have casted 22k in the same GCD.

• 2 weeks later...
I think if they introduced a talent that allowed you to eliminate more more and heat from use of Kolto Shell (3 tiers with last tier eliminating it completely aka 33/66/100) and allow it to be added to a 16-man raid group. Lower the charges and maybe even lower the heals, but that would give Merc heals a bit more in the aspect of raid heals. It won't do much IMO, but it can allow a merc to solo heal a bit easier.