Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loading Screen; Pink Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slurmez
10.12.2012 , 07:10 PM | #21
delete the file diskcachearena under 'retailclient'

romanempire
10.13.2012 , 09:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
that worked, thanks so much

romanempire
10.14.2012 , 08:50 AM | #23
Hey, so deleting diskcachearena worked all day yesterday. I was able to play with no issues then today the pink screen is back, and so is diskcachearena. Everytime I start back up the game diskcachearena comes back. I have deleted it four times. Kind of confused now.

Alfawulf
10.18.2012 , 09:36 AM | #24
I am still having this issue. I would've thought it would've been high on the priority list for them to fix, but I guess not. Getting highly frustrated at this point after several patches and still the pink screen of death. This is not something with my computer, it is a programming issue. The only way I can get into game now is to keep shutting down the game process and restarting it hoping that I get lucky. Usually takes me 6-20 tries before I get a real character screen. Highly annoying.

Amodin
10.18.2012 , 10:55 AM | #25
Can you take a screenshot of it and post it here please? I am curious to see how it looks.

SeneaViola
10.18.2012 , 11:15 AM | #26
try this C:\Users\<your Windows username here>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings
go to the client file and change the fullscreen to false. load ur game and change fullscreen windowed to same size as ur monitor and u should have that problem again as long as you keep it windowed fullscreen.
its a work around but it worked for me was having same problem
Misguided, Misdirected, Misunderstood, and Misinformed. You have refused to see the point I’m telling you, and therefore missed to see me. Now your chance has gone unnoticed, and missing an opportunity. I have guided and directed you through things, so now it’s understood that you have been informed.

Deewe
10.18.2012 , 09:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Did the trick, thanks.

Now for BioWare Tecchies here's my DXDiag so you can check where comes the issue:

DxDiag
Spoiler

Note: running the game in WindowsXP SP3 comptability mode.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

RiDDiDox
11.21.2012 , 05:00 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SeneaViola View Post
try this C:\Users\<your Windows username here>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings
go to the client file and change the fullscreen to false. load ur game and change fullscreen windowed to same size as ur monitor and u should have that problem again as long as you keep it windowed fullscreen.
its a work around but it worked for me was having same problem
Yep. This fixed it for me. Thanks.

I have a multimonitor setup on this machine I had the problem with so it's likely related to that. My other gaming rigs only use one monitor and I've never seen the pink screen on them.

MichaelB
12.07.2012 , 10:54 AM | #29
Guys when are you going to fix this problem? Seriously it's there since 1.4

RoldGold
12.21.2012 , 09:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RiDDiDox View Post
Yep. This fixed it for me. Thanks.

I have a multimonitor setup on this machine I had the problem with so it's likely related to that. My other gaming rigs only use one monitor and I've never seen the pink screen on them.
I get the same pink screen of death everytime on startup if my 2nd monitor is enabled. After alt-tabbling & force closing the game, I then have to disable the 2nd monitor. This always works to get past the error (at this point, I just make sure the 2nd monitor is disabled before launching the game).

It's rather frustrating that this error still persists after I started playing the game in Oct.