Can someone explain the meaning of this?! *SPOILERS*

tiguelinus

*Warning*, this thread is about story elements and role playing.!

A soon as I got to lvl 50 I have been doing pvp to get lvl 50 gear and ignored the rest of the story. However, today after doing my pvp daylies I decided to get more into story and doing flashpoints on Ilum. A couple of my friends suggested to do the battle of Ilum flashpoint. I was excited, because I remember a trailer that Bioware released in which you join forces with Darth Malgus on Ilum if you were on the empire or joooin Sateele Shawn if you were with the republic. So being a hardcore rp player i said to myself " Finally I was going to fight along side Malgus against the jedi and the republic", but I was disapointed once I entered the flashpoint.

The first thing I notice was that I was aiding the republic. I got very upset after asking people what was the meaning of this?. I found out not only that we were fighting our imperial brothers, but also we were hunting down malgus. This even made me more upset because I though that the point of the battle of Ilum was to fight against the republic and the jedi.

Why did Bioware did this?, Malgus is one of the main characters of the world story, why kill him right off the bat?, and not only that, but it's imperial players that were doing the job. Killing Malgus so early are you serious? This game is only a month old and as a sith inquisitor I have killed more sith than jedi. Darth Baras gets killedbby sith warriors, Darth Thanaton by SI and now darth Malgus. More upsetting is the fact that I can't chose to join Malgus rather than kill him.

I understand that as a Sith we constantly betray one another, but why now?, why so early at this game stage?. We are at war, and while following canon the jedi and the republic win, we haven't reach that point yet in this game.

In all honestly, This is really disapionting and I wish I could meet the one who suggested such twist so I slap him in the face a couple of times.

A sudden change in Emperor would result in a long period of constant chaos and upheaval, the status quo would be ruined and it would open up the Empire to attack, inter-dynastic successions were never easy and were always avoided if possible.

It is a stupid, forced choice. The main point behind it, if I remember, is that Malgus is seeking to place himself as the Emperor.

Apparently this is a bad thing.

That's the definition of blasphemy. His actions shame the Empire and make us look weak. Therefore, as a Dark Councilor, it is my obligation to protect my Empire from betrayers and usurpers. Simple as that.

That's the definition of blasphemy. His actions shame the Empire and make us look weak. Therefore, as a Dark Councilor, it is my obligation to protect my Empire from betrayers and usurpers. Simple as that.

It is my duty as a warrior of the Sith to bring doom to my enemies. I would rather see my Emperor in battle, taking down the Jedi and the Republic than lurking on his throne in the darkness of space...

Some times I wonder if the Dark Council truly wishes to win this war, or just prolong it.

For me it doesn't make any sense to kill him now. Bioware promoted him and Satele Shaw and all 3 trailers, him the face of the empire and Satele the face of the republic, they wrote a book about him and a statue of him if you bought the collectors edition. They plan to have this game for 10 years and they just force us to kill one of the main characters. 4 years from now when people ask who was he all we are going to be able to say is that he was some guy overhyped that Bioware got rid in a month of the game was released. We didn't had the change to rage war with him against the republic. Edited by tiguelinus

• 3 weeks later...
I distinctly recall reading somewhere that Malgus was not interested in sith politics etc.. Why the heck is BW so dumb..are they really out of ideas? First they did the same with Revan..now Malgus. Oh God I hated BW so much after The Foundry FP. Sure just go ahead and fling crap at one of Star Wars Expanded Universe's best characters.. Unbelievable..

If you can defeat him, then you have surpassed him and he has outlived his usefulness.

Remember that Malgus himself killed his master in cold blood as early in the war as the Reclamation of Korriban.

It's what Sith do, and it is indeed an abiding flaw in their society.

Also it shouldn't surprise you that you kill more sith than jedi at all, Lord Scourge for one has killed tons more sith than jedi according to his page to give a game reference. The whole point of sith hierarchy is to kill everyone above you so that you are top dog. Darth Bane finally makes it the rule of two, in which most sith still kill their masters right when they get the chance

Also, killing malgus makes room for a new posterchild of the sith for any upcoming content. Maybe theyll have a CE version with a smallish statue haha

Edited by Xumagai

Yeah I hated that in the solo quest bit where it's like.

"Oh noes, what should we do about Malgus?"

me: Yay, I can join him in the new freer empire!

possible answers:

- I will crush him!

- He must be stopped!

-I must protect the empire!

me: NooOOOOooo0000ooOOoooOOO000!

Yeah I hated that in the solo quest bit where it's like.

"Oh noes, what should we do about Malgus?"

me: Yay, I can join him in the new freer empire!

possible answers:

- I will crush him!

- He must be stopped!

-I must protect the empire!

me: NooOOOOooo0000ooOOoooOOO000!

This was my feeling, I really hope he is not dead at all, his goals fit well with my agent.

The emperror is already dead

You kill the emperror as any knight in the end of your class arc, Kira later hints that he may not actually dead, but I have yet to follow her quest that says this.

The Emperor is not dead, his conscience was just forcibly removed from the True Voice's body when the Knight struck home and returned to the Emperors real body damaged. We know this because the Sith Warrior gets an email from the Emperors Hand (the sect of the Sith that is always in intimate contact with the Emperor himself) at the end of the class quest after they are officially the Wrath stating that the Emperor has retreated to a secret hideout to recover from the damage of the attack, and will soon return to the throne. And that he desires to meet his new Wrath, but in the meantime the Wrath is tasked with destroying any potential usurpers of the Imperial throne (Baras, Malgus, etc) in his absence.

OT:

If you play a Sith Warrior or a Sith Inquisitor, it actually makes quite a bit of sense to "kill" Malgus. After all, one is the Wrath whom is tasked with destroying anyone whom would attempt to usurp the Emperors throne until the Emperor returns, and the other is a Dark Council member. It would only make sense that the Inquisitor would want to keep the new position of power they have cemented for themselves after all that **** in their quest to do so, and Malgus' betrayal threatens to tear all of it down around them if he is not stopped. Only someone whom is ready to lose it all if Malgus succeeds, and potentially be killed off in the aftermath due to "cleansing", would ever not try to bring him down.

The Emperor is not dead, his conscience was just forcibly removed from the True Voice's body when the Knight struck home and returned to the Emperors real body damaged. We know this because the Sith Warrior gets an email from the Emperors Hand (the sect of the Sith that is always in intimate contact with the Emperor himself) at the end of the class quest after they are officially the Wrath stating that the Emperor has retreated to a secret hideout to recover from the damage of the attack, and will soon return to the throne. And that he desires to meet his new Wrath, but in the meantime the Wrath is tasked with destroying any potential usurpers of the Imperial throne (Baras, Malgus, etc) in his absence.

OT:

If you play a Sith Warrior or a Sith Inquisitor, it actually makes quite a bit of sense to "kill" Malgus. After all, one is the Wrath whom is tasked with destroying anyone whom would attempt to usurp the Emperors throne until the Emperor returns, and the other is a Dark Council member. It would only make sense that the Inquisitor would want to keep the new position of power they have cemented for themselves after all that **** in their quest to do so, and Malgus' betrayal threatens to tear all of it down around them if he is not stopped. Only someone whom is ready to lose it all if Malgus succeeds, and potentially be killed off in the aftermath due to "cleansing", would ever not try to bring him down.

At last someone who understands

The emperror is already dead

You kill the emperror as any knight in the end of your class arc, Kira later hints that he may not actually dead, but I have yet to follow her quest that says this.

He's not. Sith Warriors receive a mail at 50 confirming that only the Emperor's Voice was attacked and slain. While hurt due to possessing the Voice at the time, the Emperor is alive and recovering well.