Thana Vesh Chestguard Graphic "Glitch/Error"

Broch

So, I love the Thana Vesh Chestguard, wanted that gear ever since I saw her toon. However, it seems to have a slight problem with the, uh, posterior area when worn on a Human Male, Body Type 2. One could refer to it as a "ghetto booty".

As the picture will show, this only happens when you actually equip the item. When previewed, it appears normally and does not suffer from "large rear syndrome".

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag62/lucas6902/f157237e-b627-4379-9a36-9376320a1a34_zps312d55df.jpg

:rak_02:

It would be great if they could fix this...

Thank you much!

P.S.

Sign if you agree please!

Edited by Broch

This effect could be described as a compromise by the art team to eliminate clipping issues between

two armor pieces in that region.

Or,

it could be a result of every one of my imp toons killing Thana at the appropriate chance.

Good luck getting this fixed. Im waiting 5 months on Revans gear fixes. But I support yeah. That looks absolutly stupid. : /

Yeah, but you never know......worth a shot

Edited by Broch

Thats been an issue since beta that will never be fixed because Bioware just don't care. How ist his the first time you noticed?

I don't think they even consider it an issue, but honestly it's made me flat out refuse to wear a good number of armor sets in the game (including all those otherwise awesome looking jedi/sith belted robes) because its so damn stupid. I really would love to be able to wear some of them but the ghetto booty effect is too distracting.

Apparently without it your *** would clip through the robes. Thanks Hero Engine. Thanks whoever decided to use it. Thanks Bioware for not trying solve issues like this and instead just toss out a crappy "compromise" workaround and call it a day. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of clipping then a victorian buttocks emphasizer, but theres really no good excuse for them to not solve the issue. Of course anyone who's still playing now is used to such mediocrity. The game is a lto better when you significantly lower your expectations.

Thanks so much for posting this! I was considering getting this piece for my male BT2 Agent, but I don't want it if it has that issue. Oh well, it probably would have clipped with his lekku somehow, anyway.

I guess they make it poof out like that so it doesn't clip with the character's rear. I had one of those chest pieces with a drapey kite thingie attached to the back, and whenever my character ran, his pants/behind would clip through it and it drove me nuts. Honestly, I can't decide which is more annoying. >.<

I could have sworn they fixed this issue with a lot of the Jedi/Sith chestpieces though . . . or maybe I just never noticed it because my Warrior is BT1 instead of BT2.

Edited by Gwena

Thats been an issue since beta that will never be fixed because Bioware just don't care. How ist his the first time you noticed?

I don't think they even consider it an issue, but honestly it's made me flat out refuse to wear a good number of armor sets in the game (including all those otherwise awesome looking jedi/sith belted robes) because its so damn stupid. I really would love to be able to wear some of them but the ghetto booty effect is too distracting.

Apparently without it your *** would clip through the robes. Thanks Hero Engine. Thanks whoever decided to use it. Thanks Bioware for not trying solve issues like this and instead just toss out a crappy "compromise" workaround and call it a day. Personally, I'd rather have a bit of clipping then a victorian buttocks emphasizer, but theres really no good excuse for them to not solve the issue. Of course anyone who's still playing now is used to such mediocrity. The game is a lto better when you significantly lower your expectations.

Ummm they did fix it. It does appear as though the issue resurfaced with this armor piece but the issue with type 2 bodies where pretty much all of the armor made your *** the size of New York was resolved quite some time ago now.

Wow, ok. The Troublemaker Duster has a similar problem, but apparently only on female body types.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=631400

Could someone report if Thana Vesh Chestguard has the problem on female toons, too? The preview doesn't seem to be a reliable indicator for what it will look like when actually equipped.

Edited by KyaniteD

The only problem I had with the Thana Vesh Chestguard, was that it came without contents. Where's Thana herself? I want her as a companion! I just can't wait to start bickering again with her back and forth, not to mention have a good catfight about Vector!

Give it to some female character and it will look awesome. Problem solved.

It looked fine in the preview window.

It was only when I equipped it to my character that I saw the issue.

It is now bound and useless.

Sorry guys, the problem isn't how the gear works when equipped: it's the preview screen.

In the preview screen, any loose clothes "stick" to the character's body (like robes clinging to the character's legs appearing to have the worst case of static cling ever recorded), whereas when the gear is actually equipped it behaves with more realistic physics. Actual equipped gear billows out because that's realistic physics at work; try putting on a trench coat and tightening the belt around your waist: you'll find you get yourself a nice case of "ghetto booty" even if you're normally a beanpole.

Unfortunately, changing just a few pieces of gear isn't a viable solution: the game has clearly been programmed to make loose fabric behave in a relatively realistic fashion, and altering a few select pieces would only end up with those particular pieces looking incredibly ridiculous when your character is moving about (also known as most of your playing time), as opposed to the presence of "ghetto booty" on those relatively rare occasions where you're just standing around doing nothing.

The preview screens don't properly show you how the equipment will behave when equipped, which influences the decision of many players on which pieces of equipment that they'll choose to spend their money on, and that's what needs to be fixed.

Edited by WSRB

Sorry guys, the problem isn't how the gear works when equipped: it's the preview screen.

In the preview screen, any loose clothes "stick" to the character's body (like robes clinging to the character's legs appearing to have the worst case of static cling ever recorded), whereas when the gear is actually equipped it behaves with more realistic physics. Actual equipped gear billows out because that's realistic physics at work; try putting on a trench coat and tightening the belt around your waist: you'll find you get yourself a nice case of "ghetto booty" even if you're normally a beanpole.

Unfortunately, changing just a few pieces of gear isn't a viable solution: the game has clearly been programmed to make loose fabric behave in a relatively realistic fashion, and altering a few select pieces would only end up with those particular pieces looking incredibly ridiculous when your character is moving about (also known as most of your playing time), as opposed to the presence of "ghetto booty" on those relatively rare occasions where you're just standing around doing nothing.

The preview screens don't properly show you how the equipment will behave when equipped, which influences the decision of many players on which pieces of equipment that they'll choose to spend their money on, and that's what needs to be fixed.

No, the preview is how its supposed to look, not how it is when equipped. Changing the preview screen to represent the error is just confirming that they wont fix said error. They need to fix the error itself.

And they wont. But they should.

No, the preview is how its supposed to look, not how it is when equipped. Changing the preview screen to represent the error is just confirming that they wont fix said error. They need to fix the error itself.

And they wont. But they should.

Like I said, the way the clothes behave is not an error: there's no clipping or dis-colorization. This is the way that the clothes will naturally fall due to the game's physics engine. Like I said before, in real life if you wear something like a trench coat (or even a Jedi robe), you will also appear to have a lot more junk in the trunk. The only error is the preview screen, which shows stiff cloth that that doesn't utilize the game's cloth physics at all.

This isn't about me defending the appearance or stating a preference one way or another. I'm simply telling you that the occasional costume piece is going to have an unappealing appearance to some people when their characters are stationary. It's not a bug and it's not a mistake: it's the price we pay for capes and robes that flow when we run around.

I have no problem with people saying they don't like the appearance of a costume piece on their character, or saying that they feel like they've been duped because of the difference between the preview screen and the in-game physics of the clothes' behavior, but this is not an error. There is no bug. There is nothing to "fix" without either dramatically changing the pieces themselves (which would then look very strange when moving about), or else drastically overhauling the game's physics engine (to have less realistic physics by the way), which isn't likely to happen because a few people who don't like the way certain costume pieces settle when their characters are stationary.

If you want EA to fix the preview screen to properly reflect how costume pieces will behave in game, I'm all for it. If you want to hassle EA to dramatically redesign a bunch of otherwise perfectly fine costume pieces or overhaul the game's physics engine solely to change the realistic behavior of a few costume pieces (that relatively few players have problems with anyway), be my guest but don't expect my support.

This isn't about me defending the appearance or stating a preference one way or another. I'm simply telling you that the occasional costume piece is going to have an unappealing appearance to some people when their characters are stationary. It's not a bug and it's not a mistake: it's the price we pay for capes and robes that flow when we run around.

Except it's just male body type 2 that has this behaviour. Body type 1 and 3 and female body types are fine. Why then does physics work and the characters look fine on the other body types but when it comes to body type 2 to make physics work it has to look bad?

Like I said, the way the clothes behave is not an error: there's no clipping or dis-colorization. This is the way that the clothes will naturally fall due to the game's physics engine. Like I said before, in real life if you wear something like a trench coat (or even a Jedi robe), you will also appear to have a lot more junk in the trunk. The only error is the preview screen, which shows stiff cloth that that doesn't utilize the game's cloth physics at all.

I have no problem with people saying they don't like the appearance of a costume piece on their character, or saying that they feel like they've been duped because of the difference between the preview screen and the in-game physics of the clothes' behavior, but this is not an error. There is no bug. There is nothing to "fix" without either dramatically changing the pieces themselves (which would then look very strange when moving about), or else drastically overhauling the game's physics engine (to have less realistic physics by the way), which isn't likely to happen because a few people who don't like the way certain costume pieces settle when their characters are stationary.

If you want EA to fix the preview screen to properly reflect how costume pieces will behave in game, I'm all for it. If you want to hassle EA to dramatically redesign a bunch of otherwise perfectly fine costume pieces or overhaul the game's physics engine solely to change the realistic behavior of a few costume pieces (that relatively few players have problems with anyway), be my guest but don't expect my support.

In upright (speeder) mode You can plainly see that the lower back texture is not connected or aligned to the top correctly, and the skeletal point is set wrong. You can see a large gap at the top, if it was properly aligned the issue would be solved, it has nothing to do with the engine.

In upright (speeder) mode You can plainly see that the lower back texture is not connected or aligned to the top correctly, and the skeletal point is set wrong. You can see a large gap at the top, if it was properly aligned the issue would be solved, it has nothing to do with the engine.

Which is good because that means it can be fixed.

BioWare?