Thinking about transferring to pot5 for a bit before the game dies for good

JP_Legatus

So I no longer live in Hawaii and bastion rateds are dead anyways (plus got some CC's left), been thinking of transferring some characters to pot5 before the game dies.

Question is how is rated/pvp doing on pot5? Does it pop regularly? Bastion rateds are gone and some nights even solo queue doesn't pop. Checked harbinger and that place is a total ghost town for pvp.

Pot5 still has solo ranked pops from 6p.m. to 12 ish eastern, though not nearly as many as there used to be.

Just be warned, very few but the Coruscant Crushers queue for solo on pub side, so you are likely to face more than one of them in a group if you get to face pubs. Imp v Imps are still fairly competitive from what I have seen when I queue Imp.

As far as group ranked goes, the prime time the past few weeks has been 9pm to 12ish, with anywhere from 2 to 4 solid teams in the queue, sometimes with a few pub pickup groups.

Don't waste money on transferring a character to Pot5.

There's no money to waste, I have CC's left over and just checking to see if pot5 is still going or if it's dying like bastion. Will probably transfer over during the weekend, play some games and then go to wildstar or something. Idk. Unless the server is dead like bastion, then I won't waste the time

Edited by JP_Legatus

There's no money to waste, I have CC's left over and just checking to see if pot5 is still going or if it's dying like bastion. Will probably transfer over during the weekend, play some games and then go to wildstar or something. Idk. Unless the server is dead like bastion, then I won't waste the time

You don't want to do that. Wilstar PvP is totally broken atm.

The game's big gimmick is action based combat with telegraph abilities. But the telegraphs are all wrong. You miss enemies who are in your telegraphs, enemies hit you when you are out of theirs, charged attacks register at the start of the charge rather than at full charge, etc.

Related to this is a pretty horrendous Z-Axis issue, that also causes attacks to miss when they shouldn't. Some White Knight fanboys say to lead your target. There is a video of an Engineer attacking a STATIONARY TARGET DUMMY, and every one of his attacks will miss depending on where he is standing. How is he supposed to lead a target dummy?

PvP gear is mostly useless. The best PvP setup is 3 pieces of PvP gear and the rest PvE gear. So have fun raiding your way to the top of the PvP bracket.

Carbine gave a statement that they are aware of the issue with PvP stats being pointless, but there is no eta for a fix. Meanwhile, class balance and nerfs are already happening, based on what QQ whiners say is overpowered, when classes are not even wearing the intended gearsets.

There are two battlegrounds, Walatiki Temple, and Halls of the Bloodsworn. In Walatiki Temple, good lord I have never seen an afk bot problem this bad since Lineage II. Teams are 10v10, and literally 8 of your teammates can be automated bot farmers. Victory is determined by which team has less bots.

So ok, play Halls of the Bloodsworn exclusively. Except the control points can be (intentionally?) bugged out as to be uncappable. Aware of it, yes, incoming fix, no. They don't even know what causes it.

All of this stuff, and more, is not new. It was all brought up months ago during Beta.

Their ELO rating system doesn't work. Newbies get paired up against 1800 ratings, and those 1800 ratings sell spots on their team to farm you up to 1800 yourself if you pay them.

Carbine's "Devspeak" video releases have been redubbed "Improved Devspeak" with commentary by players rather than Carbine. These satirical videos are rapidly increasing in popularity, because they are sadly accurate. It is simply becoming one big joke.

Top it off with an online community comparable to WoW's, and maybe you start to get a big picture.

If it comes down to spending money on SWTOR server transfer, vs spending money on buying Wildstar, I'd say SWTOR is the money better spent.

I myself am thinking of transferring here, maybe roll a lowbie alt to check it out before commiting to a transfer. Actually, raise the alts during upcoming double xp week for the buffs, then only pay to transfer my main. That sounds like a plan.

Edited by Arlanon

There are only 2 teams on bastion that have queued for rateds in the last 2 or so weeks that I'm aware of and even they don't play regularly, who is the third team?

2 newer guilds called FYR and DJO, plus All That and Clickers, and of course the multiple win trading teams from Zhentil Keep.

2 newer guilds called FYR and DJO, plus All That and Clickers, and of course the multiple win trading teams from Zhentil Keep.

Never heard of any of them except for clickers. Never seen anyone asking for 4s rated opponents either since my return and I've been in the rated channel since it was created. Already on pot5 so it doesn't matter, when pot5 gets boring I'll just be headed to wildstar.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Never heard of any of them except for clickers. Never seen anyone asking for 4s rated opponents either since my return and I've been in the rated channel since it was created. Already on pot5 so it doesn't matter, when pot5 gets boring I'll just be headed to wildstar.

DJO and FYR are new, but if you haven't heard of All That (Agony's team?), you haven't been keeping up the last few months. Rated channel isn't used that much. I know some pot5 people are xferring to bastion for 4s now.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

DJO and FYR are new, but if you haven't heard of All That (Agony's team?), you haven't been keeping up the last few months. Rated channel isn't used that much. I know some pot5 people are xferring to bastion for 4s now.

Lol really? I was told 4-5 teams queue nightly on POT5 so Atul, Sibek, West'n and I transferred a team over. We did play 4 different teams last night (12 games overall in a 1 1/2 hour time span), which was nice, but then tried to queue tonight and nothing. I've been told Harbinger is where group ranked is, but who knows.

Lol really? I was told 4-5 teams queue nightly on POT5 so Atul, Sibek, West'n and I transferred a team over. We did play 4 different teams last night (12 games overall in a 1 1/2 hour time span), which was nice, but then tried to queue tonight and nothing. I've been told Harbinger is where group ranked is, but who knows.

Not saying there's a mass exodus or anything, just that at least 2 have transferred toons to bastion so far and are trying to convice others to as well. Man this game is dead lol.

Not saying there's a mass exodus or anything, just that at least 2 have transferred toons to bastion so far and are trying to convice others to as well. Man this game is dead lol.

Yah, it's kinda sad. Bioware has failed miserably. IMO all they have to do is implement 8s back, cross server queues and a couple more warzone maps and this game competes with any other game out there. Idk, I have tried to defend Bioware in the past but now I just can't. GG TOR.

We are constantly asking teams to queue against us. We have had a team formed and ready nightly (8PM-2AM PST) for the past few weeks. I doubt you were on late enough to know this.

We are constantly asking teams to queue against us. We have had a team formed and ready nightly (8PM-2AM PST) for the past few weeks. I doubt you were on late enough to know this.

Yeah since I moved back to Michigan I don't stay on that late in pacific time. I tried getting meet killface to queue up on several occasions but nobody wanted to.

It's all cool though I am on POT5 for now, I can still xfer back with my left over CC's if I don't like it but pot5 is more heavily populated for certain. Whether rated happens or not we'll see.

Yeah since I moved back to Michigan I don't stay on that late in pacific time. I tried getting meet killface to queue up on several occasions but nobody wanted to.

It's all cool though I am on POT5 for now, I can still xfer back with my left over CC's if I don't like it but pot5 is more heavily populated for certain. Whether rated happens or not we'll see.

lets make pac come back to the game and xfer to pot5.

Sup Ammut! Yeah there's a lot of people I wish still played this game. Was so much more fun back in the early days with all the peeps.

im on pubside under Kristus and Verucht. have a few imp lowbies, considering bringing my jugg. hmu :p