Maintenance: October 22nd, 2019

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 22nd to deploy Expansion 6.0, Onslaught!

Details:

DATE: October 22 2019

TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PDT (1200 - 1800 BST)

VERSION: 6.0

Patch notes will be available on Monday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, since I have to play ranged (play in the day - Alabama USA to London England - to you people in the the know, which of my characters should I be getting ready to get excited about for 6.0

DPS ranged - unless I could maybe play my Sin without having to tank, ugh

Maybe a little healing ( like 25-30% max.) Ranged

Thanks So much!

Hi Eric !

You have plan in future patch fix bugs in codex entry system or maybe change codex to legacy wide? its help

or remove codex system?

some entries bugged I think 6 year

when AmberGreen was in your team, next with Tait Watson

now need do anything with this and finish work

list with bugged entries

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=654989

Edited by EnmaAii

Well .. waited for that post 3 years. Thanks for keep us waiting that long :rolleyes: Iokath, flashpoint and Ossus was nice but short. I doubt they will release cinematic. Before 5.0 they released cinematic with Vaylin month earlier.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Edited by Trlance

Something was posted earlier, in a previous post, that a trailer was being released on Monday. .

The only trailer worth clamoring for on Monday is, imho, the SW: Ep. 9 new trailer (supposedly to debut during MNF broadcast) .

------------

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, October 22nd to deploy Expansion 6.0,

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Eric, can you please at the very least acknowledge your blunder (or whomever's oversight /decision it was) regarding THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969455

Your silence on this issue is both deafening & disappointing tbqh. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder
CAPS so maybe he'll care

Pretty sure they said they were not going with a cinematic trailer this time round. Guessing resourses are being focussed on game content itself and maybe as the focus seems to be leaning very much towards the new gearing there might not be a whole lot of conent that would be saleable through the a trailer. My expectations are low (and hoping that I'll be surprised in a good way).

Good luck to the devs and hope it all goes to plan. And can I be the first to wish you well for 7.0 next year!! ;)

Pretty sure they said they were not going with a cinematic trailer this time round. Guessing resourses are being focussed on game content itself and maybe as the focus seems to be leaning very much towards the new gearing there might not be a whole lot of conent that would be saleable through the a trailer. My expectations are low (and hoping that I'll be surprised in a good way).

Good luck to the devs and hope it all goes to plan. And can I be the first to wish you well for 7.0 next year!! ;)

I get to work in motion capture performance (with the company that has made the SWTOR trailers) quite a bit and those cinematics are NOT cheap by any stretch of the imagination, so I would be extremely surprised if we got one. I hope we don't though honestly. I'd rather money be put into the game itself (64-bit client please?).

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Some quick status for you. I know you are all eager for the Onslaught patch notes and they are coming today but I wouldn't expect them until later this afternoon. They are huge so publishing them takes a while :).

Also just to clear up any confusion, trailer will go live tomorrow alongside launch (the tease of it was released on the Star Wars twitter account).

Thanks all.

-eric

Hey folks,

Some quick status for you. I know you are all eager for the Onslaught patch notes and they are coming today but I wouldn't expect them until later this afternoon. They are huge so publishing them takes a while :).

Also just to clear up any confusion,

-eric

Eric, can you please stop ignoring THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969455

I've supported u guys for 8+ years, through thick & thin, but your silence on this ^ blunder is both deafening & disappointing tbqh. :(

If u guys don't care about us "crying" gamers "whining" about 1 week of rewards (which btw is actually NOT what has me so disappointed, but rather the principal of the matter and "announcement" ) how can u guys not at least acknowledge what detrimental effect it will have on the Customer Service team tomorrow? Why not just avoid all that extra mess by simply coding this week's Conquest rewards to match-up with the very same yields displaying right now IN-GAME on the ui to the mostly unaware playerbase?

Edited by Nee-Elder

Eric, can you please stop ignoring THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969455

I've supported u guys for 8+ years, through thick & thin, but your silence on this ^ blunder is both deafening & disappointing tbqh. :(

If u guys don't care about us "crying" gamers "whining" about 1 week of rewards (which btw is actually NOT what has me so disappointed, but rather the principal of the matter and "announcement" ) how can u guys not at least acknowledge what detrimental effect it will have on the Customer Service team tomorrow? Why not just avoid all that extra mess by simply coding this week's Conquest rewards to match-up with the very same yields displaying right now IN-GAME on the ui to the mostly unaware playerbase?

While I am in the same boat with you as the GM of a small guild. This is honestly on you in some ways.

But before you tie into me, YES this was done poorly. We are not pleased either.

But the part that's on you is the fact that this was on PTS & been on that for awhile. Now I didn't even play on the PTS but I still frequented the area & read up on things. I was aware of the conquest changes a LONG time ago & the horrid crafting changes that at least they did listen to some extent & changed it.

As the GM of a guild you should be aware of the things going on pertaining to your "VR home". I don't mean constantly staring at the forums, etc...But it's not that hard to at least once a week visit the forums & check around. Especially when there is an expansion looming in the distance, to keep an eye out on things.

What's done is done for now. Pretty sure there is no coding going on. The patch is up & ready to be distributed already. It's just waiting for the "button" to be pushed. (Already read that the patch was ready to be DL over the weekend.)

Eric isn't going to say sorry. *shrugs* It is what it is. We can't change it. Doesn't mean we have to like it, but demanding an answer sadly won't get an answer here.

Hey folks,

Also just to clear up any confusion, trailer will go live tomorrow alongside launch (the tease of it was released on the Star Wars twitter account).

Thanks all.

-eric

A curious little question came to my mind just now. On PTS, you updated the looks and function of some of the menues, namely the inventory and the character sheet. I'd like to know if the Item Recovery section of the inventory will still work as intended with 6.0, as I still have some items from the United Forces merger in there.

While I am in the same boat with you as the GM of a small guild. This is honestly on you in some ways.

, YES this was done poorly. We are not pleased either.

But the part that's on you is the fact that this was on PTS & been on that for awhile. Now I didn't even play on the PTS but I still frequented the area & read up on things. I was aware of the conquest changes a LONG time ago & the horrid crafting changes that at least they did listen to some extent & changed it.

As the GM of a guild you should be aware of the things going on pertaining to your "VR home"..

umm, i was indeed aware of everything on PTS . I've been here since 2011 early beta and read the Forums every single day. Nice condescending assumption though! :D

Anyways, you're missing the point. Or perhaps i'm not articulating it properly.

The point(s) i'm trying to make is: 1. It still shows IN-GAME the PRE-6.0 point values, therefore most of the playerbase isn't aware. ...and... 2. Eric's "announcement" (2 days AFTER conquests had already been committed) was a fluke forum post in a random person's thread. Hardly an official or robust communication to what will surely be a CSR nightmare tomorrow. (not to mention aggravate half the playerbase unnecessarily)

Honestly, this whole situation is baffling to me. But i suppose it's just another case of player indifference mixed with "well it doesn't affect us so who cares" . :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
truth

umm, i was indeed aware of everything on PTS . I've been here since 2011 early beta and read the Forums every single day. Nice condescending assumption though! :D

Anyways, you're missing the point. Or perhaps i'm not articulating it properly.

The point(s) i'm trying to make is: 1. It still shows IN-GAME the PRE-6.0 point values, therefore most of the playerbase isn't aware. ...and... 2. Eric's "announcement" (2 days AFTER conquests had already been committed) was a fluke forum post in a random person's thread. Hardly an official or robust communication to what will surely be a CSR nightmare tomorrow.

Honestly, this whole situation is baffling to me. But i suppose it's just another case of player indifference mixed with "well it doesn't affect us so who cares" . :cool:

Idc if you've been here since day 1 or just joined. That has no bearing on this case mate. Nor apparently do you care to see past anything you wrote.

I already agreed it's wrong & it does affect me. Currently my guild is at 267k & trying hard to push it to 500k.

But as I stated, Eric isn't going to apologize. They can't change the ingame values because that would require a patch & they already stated they would not be patching again till the Expac dropped, many weeks ago.

Again, it is NOT right. But there is nothing we can do about it. The best thing for you to do, would be to be in game telling guilds/players about it so maybe they at least are going to be blindsided.

Again, it is NOT right. But there is nothing we can do about it. The best thing for you to do, would be to be in game telling guilds/players about it so maybe they at least are going to be blindsided.

We already did that.

The best thing to do is tell the people who made the mistake what they did wrong. Letting them make mistakes and ignore them do not help anyone, on the contrary, it makes things worse.

BTW, fixing this do not require rocket science. They had plenty time since Thursday when we got the "surprise". And even now with patch "ready", they can just add a single line to multiply current points. You don't even need to mess with the patch. Just run the database update before the patch (takes less than a second per server, easy to check) and then yes run and let the patch works its regular bugs....err i mean its course.

Hey folks,

Thanks all.

-eric

Lord Ptach has forsaken us :(

Eric, can you please at the very least acknowledge your blunder (or whomever's oversight /decision it was) regarding THIS: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969455

Your silence on this issue is both deafening & disappointing tbqh. :(

It's a blunder to not give tiny, boutique guilds the same rewards as medium and large guilds? :confused:

Edited by Rion_Starkiller