Changes that benefit both Infiltration and Combat without nerfing burst. Thoughts?

dkrussian

I never posted on the forums before, so this is a first for me.

The changes proposed for patch 2.10 will nerf the burst Infiltration Shadows have in PvP; and also do not specify anything about the Kinetic Combat tree.

These are the changes in case you needed to see them again:

"Force Breach now properly calculates damage based on the current number of Breaching Shadows. This results in the damage at 1 stack being increased, the damage at 2 stacks being decreased, and the damage at 3 stacks remaining the same.

Clairvoyant Strike now has a base cost of 23 Force (down from 25).

Clairvoyance now increases the chance to trigger Shadow Technique by 12.5% per Clairvoyance stack, in addition to its other effects.

Profundity can now occur once every 9 seconds (down from 10 seconds).

Potent Shadows now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Breaching Shadows when Force Potency is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Force Potency upon exiting combat."

Instead of these changes, how about these instead?

I like the changes to Clairvoyant Strike, giving it an additional 25% to trigger Shadow Technique, however you can lower to cost to 20.

Make Profundity occur every 5 seconds (but really, 9 seconds? might as well leave it at 10 seconds)

Switch Kinetic Field from the Infiltration Tree WITH Upheaval, also from the infiltration tree. (this should let shadow tanks pick up Kinetic Field which will give them a 6% damage reduction).

Make Upheaval trigger 100% of the times.

Give Project, while in Shadow Technique, a stackable buff; at 3 stacks (1 stack per Project used) we should be able to use Spinning Strike with an instant critical.

Also don't mess with Potent Shadows; it is fine as it is.

What do you guys think? I would like these changes more than the proposed changes, personally.

I never posted on the forums before, so this is a first for me.

The changes proposed for patch 2.10 will nerf the burst Infiltration Shadows have in PvP; and also do not specify anything about the Kinetic Combat tree.

These are the changes in case you needed to see them again:

"Force Breach now properly calculates damage based on the current number of Breaching Shadows. This results in the damage at 1 stack being increased, the damage at 2 stacks being decreased, and the damage at 3 stacks remaining the same.

Clairvoyant Strike now has a base cost of 23 Force (down from 25).

Clairvoyance now increases the chance to trigger Shadow Technique by 12.5% per Clairvoyance stack, in addition to its other effects.

Profundity can now occur once every 9 seconds (down from 10 seconds).

Potent Shadows now has a 100% chance to grant 1/2 stacks of Breaching Shadows when Force Potency is used (changed from a 50%/100% chance to grant 3 stacks). It still reduces the cooldown of Force Potency upon exiting combat."

Instead of these changes, how about these instead?

I like the changes to Clairvoyant Strike, giving it an additional 25% to trigger Shadow Technique, however you can lower to cost to 20.

Make Profundity occur every 5 seconds (but really, 9 seconds? might as well leave it at 10 seconds)

Switch Kinetic Field from the Infiltration Tree WITH Upheaval, also from the infiltration tree. (this should let shadow tanks pick up Kinetic Field which will give them a 6% damage reduction).

Make Upheaval trigger 100% of the times.

Give Project, while in Shadow Technique, a stackable buff; at 3 stacks (1 stack per Project used) we should be able to use Spinning Strike with an instant critical.

Also don't mess with Potent Shadows; it is fine as it is.

What do you guys think? I would like these changes more than the proposed changes, personally.

As much as I'd like being OP as hell as a Shadow tank, I couldn't approve these changes with thoughts of class balance in mind. 6% extra DR for tanks? That puts us between Guardians and Vanguards for DR (not to mention how absurd our I/E DR would get).

100% Upheaval trigger isn't that bad. But still, for tank balance included, that's a good chunk of extra threat gen.

Profundity at 9 seconds is much better than Profundity at 10 seconds. It's a 17% increase in the force generated by the skill. While it's only a little extra force, it's much better, and the cost reduction of Clairvoyant alongside it is not negligible over the course of a long fight.

As for instant critical Spinning Strike every 18 seconds, just think about that again, and realize that it's a lot of burst mid-fight. When you reopen in PvP, it gives you a ton of burst, right when you conveniently happen to have 3 stacks of Recklessness.