Shien or Soresu in pvp

-RADAX-

Hey guys!

Which form do you use, and why do you think it's better than the other one?

I am thinking of switching from shien to soresu and use the vendor soresu set, which gives 5% + dmg if one uses protection on a friendly target. I think the def boost, and the chance to absorb might be better than 15% speed and 6% dmg overall.

Just an idea, saw it on a very good jugger. What do you think?

Hey guys!

Which form do you use, and why do you think it's better than the other one?

I am thinking of switching from shien to soresu and use the vendor soresu set, which gives 5% + dmg if one uses protection on a friendly target. I think the def boost, and the chance to absorb might be better than 15% speed and 6% dmg overall.

Just an idea, saw it on a very good jugger. What do you think?

It all depends on what build you use really...no use of going Soresu in Vengeance is your goal is to DPS, you don't only lose 15% movement speed, but also a 12% increase in melee dmg and 6% increase in force dmg because of Single Saber mastery.

It all depends on what build you use really...no use of going Soresu in Vengeance is your goal is to DPS, you don't only lose 15% movement speed, but also a 12% increase in melee dmg and 6% increase in force dmg because of Single Saber mastery.

Ok I didn't have that in mind, that is a minus point on that.

But what really bugs me is that id you switch to shien, you can't see the 6% on the stats. Is that normal. Normally the stats should go up 6% on everything no?

Ok I didn't have that in mind, that is a minus point on that.

But what really bugs me is that id you switch to shien, you can't see the 6% on the stats. Is that normal. Normally the stats should go up 6% on everything no?

The most important part of Shien isn't the flat damage boost or the speed increase, it's the rage refund on every ability. Without that, you'll stall in the water and be useless at doing damage. Soresu form makes this even worse by decreasing the rage you build from attacks.

Don't worry about the stat increase. the chance to absorb is useless without a shield, which lowers your damage output even more, and is completely useless against half the pvp classes. Did you know Defense doesn't even work against Force and Tech damage? Shields don't even work against Internal/Elemental damage at all, and many classes use loads of that. Pure tanks in PvP are honestly underpowered, and you do yourself no favors by trying to act like one when you're not.

If you are Vengeance spec, always use Shien form. End of story. The "very good jugger" you saw was probably stance dancing, not staying in Soresu the whole time, and he was probably good enough to know the situations where Soresu form might help.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Don't worry about the stat increase. the chance to absorb is useless without a shield, which lowers your damage output even more, and is completely useless against half the pvp classes. Did you know Defense doesn't even work against Force and Tech damage? Shields don't even work against Internal/Elemental damage at all, and many classes use loads of that. Pure tanks in PvP are honestly underpowered, and you do yourself no favors by trying to act like one when you're not.

^This, I can't emphasize how swapping to Soresu without the proper talents that reduce the cost of abilities (those in the tank tree mainly) makes your life harder when you try to DPS. I very rarely run a weird 8/36/2 hybrid in Soresu form and if I'm not VERY careful with my rage management things can go very very badly!