Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath Delay

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.

As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

You guys have had how long to get this right, now? This does not inspire confidence. This isn't okay. You can't announce and then delay a major update at the last second. Had you announced this delay a couple of weeks ago, that would be different.

I feel like, at a minimum, you owe all subscribers a free week of sub time to make up for the delay, when many people have already subscribed with the expectation and intention of getting involved in new content tomorrow. This is completely unacceptable.

Hey folks,

We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.

As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

If you can put some class balance in the patch over the next week everyone will forgive you. PUT SOME CLASS BALANCE IN THE PATCH

So Eric, does this extend the 250% CXP event to next week as well?

I hope it will be. I won't cry too many tears if it's not (was planning on spending this week redecorating my Strongholds anyway, let the crowds die down on the new area), but it sure would be nice.

• Dev Post

Currently, the XP and CXP event is going to turn off as scheduled tonight. However, with the delay we definitely want to keep it running for you for another week. We are exploring options to turn it back on tomorrow through the new 5.2 date. I will post updates as I have them.

-eric

Announcing this rather late, shouldn't you guys have known it wasn't ready sooner, like Friday livestream for example?

They knew for sure ... but hey why inspire us with some truth while you could lie to us for the entire weekend and then announce it as a last minute detail. Compensation better be in order now. People are seriously pissed.

Currently, the XP and CXP event is going to turn off as scheduled tonight. However, with the delay we definitely want to keep it running for you for another week. We are exploring options to turn it back on tomorrow through the new 5.2 date. I will post updates as I have them.

-eric

Waiting with the popcorn...let the dogs out!

-eric

So you basically hard coded it to end tonight and you now have no idea how to turn it back on without a build?

this explains why no patch notes, what lil rep bw has after the 5.0 screw up is slowing going down the toilet, i do hope the have rabbit to pull out of there hat., thoughI think some how 5.2 will make it worse, i also dont believe we getting our ops loot table back either, even if we do the damage is done the raid community will not recover. or server populations for that matter. Edited by Kyuuu

last i heard there not removing the CXP bonus in 5.2 it will drop lil bit but the mobs cxp should be buffed up again to make up difference or so the sayed in the stream.. then again do we believe or trust BW at this point, not to make things worse?

-eric

How can we count on you giving updates? You guys have to have known of any issues with the 5.2 update well before today, yet you refused to let us know. If you folks want us to trust you, you have got to start acting in a trustworthy manner.

last i heard there not removing the CXP bonus in 5.2 it will drop lil bit but the mobs cxp should be buffed up again to make up difference or so the sayed in the stream.. then again do we believe or trust BW at this point, not to make things worse?

Yeah but 5.2 won't be launched tomorrow ... so everything will return to pre boost rates ... which is complete and utter BS with the mess they made now.

All yall complaining about them not saying anything last Friday... Every time we do get bad news on a Friday, the forums go into an uproar about Bioware releasing such sh_t and then disappearing for the weekend. They try to let us know Monday when we can actually get regular updates if applicable over the next few days, and you still lose your sh_t.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...