PVP FAQ? What level can you start?

ledroc

I couldnt find a PVP FAQ sticky in this forum. But since I didnt play beta I am wondering

1. What level can you start PVP warzones? not world PVP I get that I can flag myself anytime

2. Do you get XP for PVP? Is it feasible to level completely in PVP?

3. What type of rewards do you get? Are they comparable to questing?

4. How do you Queue for a match?

Thanks

Im hoping to start my early access tomorrow

I couldnt find a PVP FAQ sticky in this forum. But since I didnt play beta I am wondering

1. What level can you start PVP warzones? not world PVP I get that I can flag myself anytime

2. Do you get XP for PVP? Is it feasible to level completely in PVP?

3. What type of rewards do you get? Are they comparable to questing?

4. How do you Queue for a match?

Thanks

Im hoping to start my early access tomorrow

1. 10

2. Yes, Yes

3. Commendations, XP, Credits; somewhat

4. Icon on your radar

1. Level 10

2. Yes, yes-ish (you will still want to do your Class Quests).

3. Commendations that can be used to buy PvP gear at certain levels. The PvP gear is good, but most likely wont last you all the way to the next tier. You also get credits from Warzones, so you can use that to buy things off the GTN if you want.

4. There is a faction symbol on the bottom-right of the Mini-map. Click that, click Queue Solo or Queue as Group, and wait for the pop-up message to get in!

Edited by Kryptorchid

• 4 years later...

What level is good to start PVP ?

I have experience in duels and i can defeat a player in 1v1 contest but i don't know if i don't get just straight up smashed and cutted to pieces by coopers ( I would have a solid chance in a duel match but when coopers show up i will be rather dead in 15 seconds ) i cannot handle 3 players at once it's improssible for me if they know how to cooperate i will die even against 2 players ( I don't know if i win against 2 not organized players ) and i know that is weak but when 2 players 2 classes that i have to deal with and 2 difrent strategies to pick against each one .

Edited by Trollfacepl

What level is good to start PVP ( I have experience in duels and i can defeat a player in 1v1 contest but i don't know if i don't get just straight up smashed and cutted to pieces by coopers ) i could say i would have a solid chance in a duel match but when coopers show up i will be rather dead in 15 seconds i cannot handle 3 players at once it's improssible for me if they know how to cooperate i will die even against 2 players ( I don't know if i win against 2 not organized players ) and i know that is weak but when 2 players 2 classes that i have to deal with and 2 difrent strategies to pic against each one .

I PVP'd from 10 to 65 on my sentinel. I recommend this because it lets you see the usefulness of all your abilities as you obtain them.

Then when you hit 65 you have enough comms and credits to fully gear up. The second i hit 65 I had all the best gear fully augmented w/ the enhancements that I wanted.

I PVP'd from 10 to 65 on my sentinel. I recommend this because it lets you see the usefulness of all your abilities as you obtain them.

Then when you hit 65 you have enough comms and credits to fully gear up. The second i hit 65 I had all the best gear fully augmented w/ the enhancements that I wanted.

I know how to chain abilites i play now as sith sorcerer but is there a lvl balance ( I don't want to meet a 65 lvl while playing as 30 lvl worrior ) ?

Can you do a 1v1 matches in PVP ( I rather prefer duels than 2v2 i want to be able to focus on a sinlge target ) ?

There are brackets.

10-40; 41-64; 65.

You will still get thrashed (often, not always) by a lvl 64 when you are just 41, but that's OK. As other posters, I can also recommend leveling up at least one toon only via PVP.

Most important is that you learn the maps (roughly at least) and how to have some sort of basic teamwork on those.

There are no 1v1 matches, but there are 1v1 tourneys organized by the community (check the forum for the URC events). In addition, I often see people asking on the fleet for others to duel them, if that's your thing.

Of course, occasionally, you will get into a 1v1 situation in a warzone as well.

Edited by iam_celestial

I know how to chain abilites i play now as sith sorcerer but is there a lvl balance ( I don't want to meet a 65 lvl while playing as 30 lvl worrior ) ?

Can you do a 1v1 matches in PVP ( I rather prefer duels than 2v2 i want to be able to focus on a sinlge target ) ?

Their are brackets, but you get bolstered up so as long as you have gear in every slot you should do fine enough.

Bracket 1: lvls 10-40

Bracket 2: lvls 41-64

Bracket 3: 65 PVP

There are no 1v1 spots but you can schedule 1v1s or have tournaments in the Outlaw's Den on Tatooine.

Their are brackets, but you get bolstered up so as long as you have gear in every slot you should do fine enough.

Bracket 1: lvls 10-40

Bracket 2: lvls 41-64

Bracket 3: 65 PVP

There are no 1v1 spots but you can schedule 1v1s or have tournaments in the Outlaw's Den on Tatooine.

Thanks man really helpfull thx for help .

One question : Why did they made flashpoint missions so hard ?

I swear w would need to gank this mission with 20 players to have chances to beat this BOSS ( Why they made this boss so op ? ) !

3 enemies 7 hundreds of thousands HP ( Each one ) !

Thanks man really helpfull thx for help .

One question : Why did they made flashpoint missions so hard ?

I swear w would need to gank this mission with 20 players to have chances to beat this BOSS ( Why they made this boss so op ? ) !

3 enemies 7 hundreds of thousands HP ( Each one ) !

Flashpoints are actually extremely easy.

Just make use of your CCs and Interrupts, also kolto stations are your friend.