Is it time Heroic +4 and +2 should be changed to Heroic +2 and solo, respectively?

I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?

Edited by Salty_Wagyu

Generally, you always want to over-prepare someone for a quest. This way, if they do manage it to do it with less people than specified they feel a sense of accomplishment and if they failed they will understand the reason why they failed.

If you under-prepare people to the difficulty of a quest, they will feel frustrated and QQ alot more if they fail to accomplish it with the specified amount of people.

Edited by Iwipe

I rolled a damage dealing spec character on game launch, and had very little issue finding groups for pretty much all heroic missions on planets over the course of 3 weeks of levelling. But now that the population has died off somewhat, it's near impossible to find groups for Heroic missions, even so on either of my tank and healer alts which I find surprising, as it's apparent it's not a shortage of roles. I have left Balmorra with 6 Heroic missions in log (stayed around for Bonus series too), and Nar Shaddaa with 4.

If Bioware don't plan on doing server merges, should Heroic +4 missions on planets be downtuned to Heroic +2 difficulty, and perhaps a few of the existing Heroic +2 missions downtuned to solo?

No.

<10Char

Some Heroic 2's can be solod already with a well geared companion and skillful use of all the skills available to you.

But in short: No, I don't think so. They provide decent rewards usually (either blue/orange gear) and shouldn't just be handed out. None of the heroics are required either. They are there to let you challenge yourself/find a group to beat the "heroic" but by no means are you required to complete any of them to move on.

Generally, you always want to over-prepare someone for a quest. This way, if they do manage it to do it with less people than specified they feel a sense of accomplishment and if they failed they will understand the reason why they failed.

If you under-prepare people to the difficulty of a quest, they will feel frustrated and QQ alot more if they fail to accomplish it with the specified amount of people.

what what what? did u even read the OP? ><

Have you tried talking to guild mates? Or just joining a guild (I'd highly recommend it!). I generally get groups (Bondar Crystal) by just spamming General every 15-20 seconds with how many more we need and what roles.

Most 4s can be done with tank, 1 dps, healer and a dps companion, and most 2s can be done with a tank/damage and 2 healer companions or damage/heals and a tank/damage companion.

This should hold true until around 48 or so... then you'll have people wanting to do them for the daily commendations.

Anyway, I don't think they should be nerfed... they are repeatable every day for commendations/other loot. That is likely the incentive to go back for higher leveled players (buying boxes and selling/sending the end result).

what what what? did u even read the OP? ><

I think they were addressing the difficulty of the quest related to it's rating as a 2+ or a 4. Some 2s are soloable and some 4s can be done with just 2. Hence the comment on under/over preparing for a quest.

In my opinion no, it just dumbs the game down, when looking for a group I persevere until I manage to find people which usually requires no more than 10-15 minutes of searching and i'm not on a server with a huge population.

Edited by trawets

I think they were addressing the difficulty of the quest related to it's rating as a 2+ or a 4. Some 2s are soloable and some 4s can be done with just 2. Hence the comment on under/over preparing for a quest.

Actually now that I re-read what OP posted, he meant tuning down the diffculty of the quests over all. I thought by downtune he meant change the rating of the heroic 4+ to 2+ for example and keep the same diffculty and hence my comment.

no, especially as these are repeatable and not one-time only.

Please remove this post before the baddies see it and gang up with their "/sign" .... Seriously the game has been out 5 weeks and people are QQing about so much in this game. If you do not like this game leave. Stop playing. I don't want you changing what is a great game. It's different, it's not WoW, and that's why I like it. I do not want to play WoW with lightsabers.

Dumbing Heroics down? Are you serious? That's just about the dumbest thing I have read on the forums yet..............

Lights Out - Daily Heroic+4 - Belsavis - I solo this, I take off all my gear and run for the controls, revive and continue IF and only IF I can not find someone to help, which is rare.

Freeing the Fallen - This is so easy I solo.

Poisonous Strat - With all the people on ilum this is too easy to not find people.

Old Enemies - If I have found people for Lights Out and Freeing the Fallen they are asking ME if I will go for this one.

My point, MAKE SOME FRIENDS. Use that /friend feature. Joing a guild with some people around your level. Or just join a guild.

Seriously this game isn't rocekt science and I am tired of everyone QQing about crap they don't like. Reporting bugs fine. But jesus christ lay off the EMO pills.

My experience has been there is some truth to the feeling that getting parties for heroics seems to get tougher as you progress. First two or three planets it was easy to find people to get all of them done. But since I think I've ended up abandoning 2-3 a planet now. I think the issue has a bit to do with population. If you started at launch everyone was basically on the same page and advancing at the same pace. Planet populations were in the low hundreds or a lttle less than a hundred. Now I typically see 50-60. I think it's just because people are working at different paces You got your hard core folks that got to 50 as fast as they could and then other like me that actually have real lives and full time jobs and mess around with other toons, etc. There just aren't as many people where you are progression wise. Edited by LordHartigan

You could just wait till the quests are grey then attempt them. Doesnt quite work at 50 but thats how I did all my heroic quests as a dps.

Or another concept :X build your own group. I know I know its too hard. You have to spam LFG constantly while doing other things. This is the problem with "group" quests you have to be social. I'll take grey quests any day.

I can't agree with this.

Heroic 2+ and 4 are good. Especially the level 50 dailies and considering all the heroics leveling up are optional and not needed, they should not be made easier.

I've never had issue finding a group much for the planets until the 30s. Balmorra has the most heroics on Rep side it's crazy. Many Heroic 4s and 2+ as said, don't need 4 to be done. I find most ppl are at least 2+ levels above the heroic that helps. I did all the Nar Shadaa bonus heroic ones with 3 ppl pretty easily, we had a few wipes and no healer even.

It really depends on your server and side pop AND time of day and planet. I know my prime playing time during the week isn't always when my server is at it's highest pop (evening, west coast).

But making heroics just 2 and solo - it's a MMORPG, the only group content shouldn't be just FPs. I've met a lot of cool ppl on heroics even if it took longer than I'd have liked to do them.

Joining a guild helps too, but not always obviously for Heroics unless they're the daily ones at 50.

Edited by ErisktheRed

• 2 weeks later...
Server merges? Because not everyone re rolled to play with you and you are stuck by yourself that is your suggestion? Bad is Bad, please go play Republic

Server merges because there should be more than 30 people on Ilum. It's crazy to go to say Corellia on a random night and see 4 republic players. I don't understand what they were thinking with their server population decisions.

There are way too many Heroic 4 and Heroic 2 quests.

Some classes are more powerful like the tank/stealth classes.

Others like snipers are weak.

I feel that the Heroic 4 should become Heroic 2 since it's so hard to find a group nowadays.

I think problem is marginal.

I plaed through all but two Heroic possible for Empire (skiped one 46 and one 50 lev heroic on Corellia, still got them in quet log thou), many of them multiple times.

Not a single time had I any difficulties finding party, neither on low-lev, nether on mid/high lev. Unless you call 5-10 min on chat a difficulty or look for those at 4am.

Just consider that your playtime is not exacly playtime of majority on your serv, try tu figure out when there are more people around.

Consider making friends with people met in game, if you find company for heroic, ask him/her to join you next day on another planet, add him to friends and "whisper" when he comes online, (you will be notified of this.) In a week you will have a dozen friends on similar level. Another week and you will know who plays in similar hours as you do.

If you can make without great cost or find something usefull but not for your class (stim, piece of blue gear, mod, etc), dont sell it cheap to the medical droid or squize nickels on GTN, just give it to somebody as "a reward/quest loot" for joining group and questing with you, works great for me. These people will seak you out later because of that.

Most 4+ Heroics can be easly done with 3 players. All that matters is t have at least one long CC for Elites in mobs, without it you can have some difficulties (like 3 SithWrr, 2 tanks and 1 DPS against 5 elites, no CC longer than 4 sec at a time... it was hard. 1 Tank and 1 DPS with healing companions cut through same quest like throuh butter).

And for the end, NO! In any case dont nerf Heroics, some are little too easy, some are easy for nly given classes, in some you just need to look around an be witty, and some are stright forward murderous - like this Esh-Ka Staff Master in 43lev heroic 4+ on Taris.

I dare you to jump him on 43 lev without 4 people and some decent cooperation. I want to see this :D.

On the other side, It is possible to do Lights Out 50lev H4 in pair WITHOUT A SINGLE WIPE (dont count companion), even without stealth to be exact :). Even more, both players were warriors, - melee :)

It is good as it is.

No nerfing Heroics.

Edited by KVork

I'm fully happy with how the game is in this regard. In no way, shape, or form do these need to be changed. They are there to reward those that will go out of their way to accomplish said goal. Go the extra mile in being social if you are having problems finding groups. Be creative in your lfg shouts. I.E. "What's all the rage? Mandalorian Rage!! Looking for more!"