Remove the rakghoul plague now

Here's what I don't understand:

why can't some people just be allowed to not like it?

Why does anyone who dislikes it have to be labeled a "whiner" or someone who "has to be that guy" or he of whom it's said, "there's always one?" Why do they have to be someone who is just out to complain, or who couldn't possibly just dislike the plague for honest reasons?

As folks on both sides of the issue have said, you can't please everybody.

Maybe it's not just that they have to complain, but that they genuinely don't like it.

What if, two months from now, another event was released and all of these same people loved it? What if you, who are now calling them complainers and the like, actually hate it?

That wouldn't make you a whiner. It wouldn't mean you just "have to have something to complain about. It would just mean you didn't like it, for whatever reason.

And that would be fine.

Just like this is:

I don't like it!:)

Good question.. WHat if I didn't like it.. well I would probably do what I did in wow and avoid it. It wasn't hard there and it is a lot easier here.

What I wouldn't do is post my outrage when the evnt has affected me in just a miniscule amount.

I suspect most of the negative whiners are paid by another company because they really need to man up and stop whining.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to deal with exploding the exploding is forcing my alt to deal with the event.

Is there something you don't understand? The stun is more than annoying while leveling I'ld die 3-4 times due to the stupid stun if I tried anything strong or a pair of them. So I am suppose to be annoyed and stand around every time some dingbat explodes around me for 20 minutes try to sell the dna which will get me infected while I am doing so wait 20 minutes rinse repeat and never leave town to level...

All I am asking is to make the plague not able to be carried on the fleet. Anywhere else I am fine but this Clustermuck on the fleet of plagued makes no sense story-wise (as they would of culled you on-site) and is griefing. On my server if you go to the fleet you are being constantly infected unless immune.

This sounds more like you should learn to play if you die that often. And why are you on fleet if you're leveling?

So hide in your ship until it is over?

Don't even have to go to that extreme. It is very easy to see an infected player (green mist, glowing eyes) and the infection range (when they explode) is not that great.

It really is easy to avoid. Nevermind having to buy the vaccine. Just stay back from misty green folk! :)

Good question.. WHat if I didn't like it.. well I would probably do what I did in wow and avoid it. It wasn't hard there and it is a lot easier here.

What I wouldn't do is post my outrage when the evnt has affected me in just a miniscule amount.

I suspect most of the negative whiners are paid by another company because they really need to man up and stop whining.

You know, I have wondered the same thing about people from other games posting here to make ToR look bad. I think the fact people love this event and its causing GOOD things to be said about the game for a change that some people are freaking out...."We cant have anyone thinking ToR might actually succeed! Get to cracking posters, and spread your doom and gloom NOW!"

Then a third group would emerge and complain about the other two groups.

Surely you can come up with a better response than that. Or we grasping for straws? As of now we have two groups only. Do not speculate what may be...but stick to what is.

I swear everytime i come in the forums there's always these disheartening and tiresome posts of people whining no matter what!

It's a world event! It's FUN! You don't have to be involved in it! It's easy to avoid the obvious feverish people, even if you don't it costs you NOTHING! Just respawn on spot! If you don't like respawning there are dirt cheap vaccines!!!!!

Such Passionate objection over the most meager things? Unsubbing over a world event and change of routine, over new content? Oh my Goood...

This is why we can't have nice things lol. If BW does anything ROARRR!!! If they don't or do the opposite ROOARRR anyway!!!

Every I know is loving this, and it`s a breath of fresh air. They most certainly need improvements in some parts of the game, but this is DEFINITELY not one of them.

kudos to BW.

Evidently one does have to become a part of it when another Player chooses to explode in green goo over the Med Station. Forced RP is not that much fun.

The vaccine is 2K; perhaps a pittance for a member of the Dark Council, but was over 30% of my 10th BH resources, and is only good for 6 hrs. Now I wonder if this buff will remain in place on his next death, or will need to buy another to gain temp Immunity again.

It sems to be a matter of perspective; just that some prefer to force theirs upon others.

Don't even have to go to that extreme. It is very easy to see an infected player (green mist, glowing eyes) and the infection range (when they explode) is not that great.

It really is easy to avoid. Nevermind having to buy the vaccine. Just stay back from misty green folk! :)

That depends a lot on two factors...where you need to go and how many of the misty green players are there. :p

No, there are issues with it. It is not contained. Someone infected should be insta-killed upon traveling to the fleet or anywhere other than Tatooine. It is a plague, and they need to contain it better. This would get rid of 95% of my problem with it.

The next thing is for lower level players. I buy a 2k vaccine. Then I am out questing, and I die. A few minutes later, I come across someone with the plague in my quest turn in area. For one reason or another, he is allowed to infect me. Now, I have to spend another 2k on it, just for me to die at some point soon in the field.

Surely you can come up with a better response than that. Or we grasping for straws? As of now we have two groups only. Do not speculate what may be...but stick to what is.

I suppose you've never heard the phrase "you can't please everyone".

I felt that applied.

You know, I have wondered the same thing about people from other games posting here to make ToR look bad. I think the fact people love this event and its causing GOOD things to be said about the game for a change that some people are freaking out...."We cant have anyone thinking ToR might actually succeed! Get to cracking posters, and spread your doom and gloom NOW!"

:rolleyes: I think that's at least a little silly. Like I said - and you, if I recall? - you can't expect everyone to like the thing, and certainly not to like it completely.

Like I said, I like it, but I dislike certain aspects of it fairly intensely. Why can't I be allowed to do that?

Why can't the others who are saying similar things be allowed to do it without being told they are just whining, or that they must be contrarions or even secret Blizzard agents?

No, there are issues with it. It is not contained. Someone infected should be insta-killed upon traveling to the fleet or anywhere other than Tatooine. It is a plague, and they need to contain it better. This would get rid of 95% of my problem with it.

The next thing is for lower level players. I buy a 2k vaccine. Then I am out questing, and I die. A few minutes later, I come across someone with the plague in my quest turn in area. For one reason or another, he is allowed to infect me. Now, I have to spend another 2k on it, just for me to die at some point soon in the field.

Um, the whole point of this is the plague IS NOT CONTAINED.

herp derp.

Is there something you don't understand? The stun is more than annoying while leveling I'ld die 3-4 times due to the stupid stun if I tried anything strong or a pair of them.

Really? Died 3 to 4 times? Because of a random stun? I feel you inflated this number for effect. Be careful, mobs on higher level planets stun more than this and are hard /cry, preparing to complain on these forums because of this too?

Not to mention if you sold those DNA samples you got for dying 3 times due to the stun you would be in excess of 100k credits already. Still complaining?

smh

This sums it up.

Refrain from outrages when it's new and working as intended content that barely affects you unless you choose so. It ceases to be for the greater good of the game, and by definition makes you a 'whiner'.

Boohoo people keep infecting me, its only 2k for the stim to cancel it. You can get almost 200k from doing dailies on belsavis and ilum so you can buy 20 of the stim to keep from getting infected. If your problem is that you cant stand people running around infecting each other just deal with it! its how people are!

This sounds more like you should learn to play if you die that often. And why are you on fleet if you're leveling?

Yes stun breaking due plague with a mass of mobs on you will kill you if you are not overleveled esp with a elite/strongs.

You have to go to the fleet where you get infected by the mess of morons, for quests at times.

I swear everytime i come in the forums there's always these disheartening and tiresome posts of people whining no matter what!

It's a world event! It's FUN!

and see thats were we all differ. Fun to you and fun to me are mutually exclusive. You can have one with the other. I don't care for teh event.

[qiote]

You don't have to be involved in it! It's easy to avoid the obvious feverish people, even if you don't it costs you NOTHING! Just respawn on spot! If you don't like respawning there are dirt cheap vaccines!!!!!

If I have to die and respawn, then I can't avoid the event now can I. Sure I can buy the vaccine and there pretty cheap but they are not cheap for lower level alts and not everyone is millionaires.

Such Passionate objection over the most meager things? Unsubbing over a world event and change of routine, over new content? Oh my Goood...

Yea, unsubbing is a little stupid. Griping about an event you don't like on the SW forums is however acceptable. After all, thats one reason why there here.

This is why we can't have nice things lol. If BW does anything ROARRR!!! If they don't or do the opposite ROOARRR anyway!!!

Everyone I know is loving this, and it`s a breath of fresh air. They most certainly need improvements in some parts of the game, but this is DEFINITELY not one of them.

kudos to BW.

Can't have nice things? Maybe if the developers had the sense to code the event in a way that actually made sense it would be more fun. Who was stupid enough to make an event that ever remotely allowed griefing of other players. Why the hell is the entire planet of tatooine not quarantined off and if your infected, you cannot leave the planet.

Such a poor waste of what could have been a decent event by slack developer/designer implementation. Played by those that wanted to and avoided entirely by those that didn't.

I don't think this event improves anything. If anything, it's caused even more drama on the forums and most likely in game resulting in another divide in groups.

This sums it up.

Refrain from outrages when it's new and working as intended content that barely affects you unless you choose so. It ceases to be for the greater good of the game, and by definition makes you a 'whiner'.

You whining about whiners makes you a whiner also :D

Yes stun breaking due plague with a mass of mobs on you will kill you if you are not overleveled esp with a elite/strongs.

You have to go to the fleet where you get infected by the mess of morons, for quests at times.

You only get infected if you stand next to someone who explodes...try moving away its not that hard.

People QQing over an event are honestly the most boring human beings. You wanted events you got events but now cry because the event actually does something besides killing some pve mobs.

Really? Died 3 to 4 times? Because of a random stun? I feel you inflated this number for effect. Be careful, mobs on higher level planets stun more than this and are hard /cry, preparing to complain on these forums because of this too?

Not to mention if you sold those DNA samples you got for dying 3 times due to the stun you would be in excess of 100k credits already. Still complaining?

smh

You don't get dna samples for dieing to mobs. Or I haven't the two times it happened and dieing doesn't remvoe the plague due to pve mobs.

Heck I would be fine if I could just die to pve mobs and not have it anymore but no that isn't an option either.

That depends a lot on two factors...where you need to go and how many of the misty green players are there. :p

Indeed and aside from right by the PvP terminal on Fleet and one area on Tattooine, there's PLENTY of free space and even on Fleet you might have to...what...run past a very obvious cluster of infected people? Orrrr, you could use the hanger tunnel to avoid the Combat Training area altogether!

I have been experimenting...it looks like the range (explosive wave) is no more than 3 meters.

This is not being forced at all. I'm sorry, it's just not. It's extremely easy to avoid.

I suppose you've never heard the phrase "you can't please everyone".

I felt that applied.

I have heard of the term and you are right. But it does not apply to this issue. There are two sides to this issue of this tread. Let's stick to those. :)

I think you were already destined to die in that situation, m8.

Sorry.