Any Exarch crafted equipment actually selling?

gsummers

Now that crafters can craft 220 gear by reverse engineering the schematics from the vendor, I have seen some of these crafted earpieces, and weapons appearing on the GTN for several million. However, I get the impression that it is the same stuff all the time, which leads me to wonder if any of this stuff is actually selling for those prices.

Has anyone managed to sell a multi-million credit 220 crafted weapon? Or at that price do people just craft their own?

Now that crafters can craft 220 gear by reverse engineering the schematics from the vendor, I have seen some of these crafted earpieces, and weapons appearing on the GTN for several million. However, I get the impression that it is the same stuff all the time, which leads me to wonder if any of this stuff is actually selling for those prices.

Has anyone managed to sell a multi-million credit 220 crafted weapon? Or at that price do people just craft their own?

The questions are:

1. how much higher in value are these crafted pieces compared to the value of the exotic ops only dropped materials?

2. are these crafted pieces significantly better than the radiant crystals pieces?

3. are the 220 ops token pieces relatively easy to acquire?

I say it in my high end schematics guide:

1. Those who "need" them, run those operations regularly and can therefore get whatever they want/need
  2. Players see the multi-million credit value and balk at buying them because they do not "need" them for the content they do

So the market for these items is very slim. Sellers are mostly looking for players who raid who have been unlucky getting the token, and feel they "need" the piece to perform in operations, and who have several million credits just laying around.

The questions are:

1. how much higher in value are these crafted pieces compared to the value of the exotic ops only dropped materials?

2. are these crafted pieces significantly better than the radiant crystals pieces?

3. are the 220 ops token pieces relatively easy to acquire?

I say it in my high end schematics guide:

So the market for these items is very slim. Sellers are mostly looking for players who raid who have been unlucky getting the token, and feel they "need" the piece to perform in operations, and who have several million credits just laying around.

I think you misread his question -- he isn't talking about RE'd ops drops (modifications) which require ops mats, but the new static stat schems which use the mats acquired by completing the Personal Conquest goal. The 216s use 1 of these mats and the 220s use three.

I think you misread his question -- he isn't talking about RE'd ops drops (modifications) which require ops mats, but the new static stat schems which use the mats acquired by completing the Personal Conquest goal. The 216s use 1 of these mats and the 220s use three.

But the same principle stands, those who "need" them for opps can get them from opps. Those who don't run opps are scared away by the price tag.

This issue is compounded by the fact that their construction is tied to conquest mats, which are either fairly expensive, or time-consuming/limited. Also since the materials needed to craft them are so limited many crafters might be using them to upgrade their own characters first, and only when they don't need them any longer selling them.

I know that I have made it a priority to fully craft my own gear for my main and he is currently a mix of 216s and 220s at the moment (he's a synthweaver) as I get enough mats I RE the 216 piece he has been wearing and craft the 220 version, I have had 3-4 characters complete conquest goals each week and bought another 3-4 mats off the GTN, which still hasn't been enough to fully deck him out. I imagine that we will eventually see more of the crafted goods on the GTN, but right now they are the best thing available for non-raiders, so all non-raider crafters want to actually experience an in game advantage before selling their hard work.

But the same principle stands, those who "need" them for opps can get them from opps. Those who don't run opps are scared away by the price tag.

This issue is compounded by the fact that their construction is tied to conquest mats, which are either fairly expensive, or time-consuming/limited. Also since the materials needed to craft them are so limited many crafters might be using them to upgrade their own characters first, and only when they don't need them any longer selling them.

I know that I have made it a priority to fully craft my own gear for my main and he is currently a mix of 216s and 220s at the moment (he's a synthweaver) as I get enough mats I RE the 216 piece he has been wearing and craft the 220 version, I have had 3-4 characters complete conquest goals each week and bought another 3-4 mats off the GTN, which still hasn't been enough to fully deck him out. I imagine that we will eventually see more of the crafted goods on the GTN, but right now they are the best thing available for non-raiders, so all non-raider crafters want to actually experience an in game advantage before selling their hard work.

Precisely ;)

But the same principle stands, those who "need" them for opps can get them from opps. Those who don't run opps are scared away by the price tag

All the OP asked is whether or not those items are actually selling or if it's just people relisting the same ones. While you and psandak bring up excellent points, whether or not these items should (or should not) be theoretically desirable is irrelevant to question of whether or not people are actually buying them.

I haven't made any of them for sale -- I have enough to make 3 220s, but I'm hard pressed to find one worth making for use, and I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth the risk to make stuff with that expensive enough of mats or just sell the mats and get my operations gear the old fashioned way -- PVP :p

All the OP asked is whether or not those items are actually selling or if it's just people relisting the same ones. While you and psandak bring up excellent points, whether or not these items should (or should not) be theoretically desirable is irrelevant to question of whether or not people are actually buying them.

All you have done is come in here and tell them that they didn't answer the question without offering any answers yourself.

And they really did answer the question.

The only people that know whether the items are selling or not are the people that are putting them up for sale, and you would have to ask each and every one of them to get the true picture.

The other responders here can only offer their best guesses, and they have done that.

If the people that need them can easily get them for themselves, and the people that can not do not really need the items, then most of the items are probably re-lists or new sellers deciding to test the market.

Edited by Mithros

All you have done is come in here and tell them that they didn't answer the question without offering any answers yourself.

I said that I didn't have the information necessary to answer the question. I don't think OP wanted guesses.

And they really did answer the question.

No, they really didn't.

The only people that know whether the items are selling or not are the people that are putting them up for sale, and you would have to ask each and every one of them to get the true picture.

Or the OP could post here and hope that somebody with experience in the market could/would answer the question...

The main reason I *haven't* crafted any myself (since I have plenty of mats) is because I agree with the analysis psandak and Gavin gave (in addition to other analyses I have made). But, like the OP, I would be interested in knowing how well these items sell *in practice*, not *in theory*. There are plenty of things I'd expect to sell but don't and that I'd expect not to sell but do. De gustibus non est disputandum and all that.

Edited by eartharioch

I've been able to sell the 216 relics for around 5mil, and the 220 barrells/hilts for around the same price. So you may have to wait a bit and be patient for them to sell, but they do indeed sell.

/facepalm

We are NOT talking about RE'd operations Modifications (such as Hilts/Barrels) or Relics, we are talking about 216/220 gear RE'd from trainer schematics.

Or the OP could post here and hope that somebody with experience in the market could/would answer the question

Someone could log on, be logged on for 12 hours a day, and do nothing but look at the GTN and they still couldn't answer the question.

The only way to know for sure is to ask every seller what they are doing and hope that they tell you the truth, or you can draw reasonable conclusions based on logic and the personal experiences of people that have looked at the situation.

The nature of the question itself is open to interpretation. What does "actually selling" even mean? By strict definition it would mean that if a single seller sold a single piece then the answer would be "yes", but who really thinks that that is what the OP means?

You have the answer? Post it.

You do not have the answer? Then why come to a thread and post that the people that have tried to help didn't while you offer even less help than they did?

I've sold some 216 and 220 items (mostly weapons, a few implants and ears, no armor), but it is very sporadic.

I've posted an item and had it sold in a few hours, I've also posted an item and had to relist it multiple times before it sold.

All have sold for more than the mats would fetch, though not so much or in such volume I'd risk buying mats to craft.

To those actually selling them ... what is profit like or are you mostly relying on crit to turn a decent large profit?

Crit on gear doesn't give a second item, just an augment slot. At the prices being listed (several million credits), a 'free augment kit' ' (retail value 100K) wouldn't make much of a difference in profitability (at least when using qualifiers such as 'decent' and 'large').

To those actually selling them ... what is profit like or are you mostly relying on crit to turn a decent large profit?

Crits are pretty much irrelevant as they only give an augment slot.

Profit over selling mats is probably several hundred thousand, give or take depending on the item (low volume and few sellers means wild price variations).

Also I've had stuff sell hours after posting one day and the next have to repost for several days in a row with no competition to sell the item.

I've also had the same item I crafted being aggressively undercut by multiple people all chasing the same one or two per day sales.

I'd look your own server to see whats already posted if you happen to stumble across the material through conquest and want to try the market, but I wouldn't bother spending time trying to buy materials and craft items on spec to sell on the GTN.

I've had similar results with the 208 items that just require blue materials.

I can sell several million in credits worth (at 350-450K a pop) one day then none the next, as well as can have little to no competition one day and then ten different people all trying to give stuff away the next.

Edited by DawnAskham

All seems fine then ... buy up the mats and make a profit. Nothing is stopping anyone learning the schems as they are vendor schems and the mats are on the GTN.

I would also like to know if they are selling or not i.e. is anyone selling them and how many sell?

As long as I'm getting the mats cheaper than the finished product it's easy credits because 1 million credits for mats is the same as 1000 credits for mats for me aslong as I make at least a hundred K in profit in the end.

Crits are pretty much irrelevant as they only give an augment slot.

Profit over selling mats is probably several hundred thousand, give or take depending on the item (low volume and few sellers means wild price variations).

Also I've had stuff sell hours after posting one day and the next have to repost for several days in a row with no competition to sell the item.

I've also had the same item I crafted being aggressively undercut by multiple people all chasing the same one or two per day sales.

I'd look your own server to see whats already posted if you happen to stumble across the material through conquest and want to try the market, but I wouldn't bother spending time trying to buy materials and craft items on spec to sell on the GTN.

I've had similar results with the 208 items that just require blue materials.

I can sell several million in credits worth (at 350-450K a pop) one day then none the next, as well as can have little to no competition one day and then ten different people all trying to give stuff away the next.

Usual story then but at least there is profit to be made. Worse when it's a competitive market that gets driven down to the point of barely breaking even yet still people persist in undercutting.

As a question, can you also RE the 208 schematics from vendors?

Also, does the crafter character have to be the one to purchase the item to RE from the vendor, as I have sent stuff from another character via legendary gear and have it say "no schematics available" or whatever it is it says when you cannot RE it.

Thanks

As a question, can you also RE the 208 schematics from vendors?

Also, does the crafter character have to be the one to purchase the item to RE from the vendor, as I have sent stuff from another character via legendary gear and have it say "no schematics available" or whatever it is it says when you cannot RE it.

Thanks

No and No.