Antiviral Kit Access Denied

BardMedicine

• 4 years later...
Just figured this out. You need to wear it first. then you can activate from hot bar

Interestingly, you can equip (wear) it, activate (use) it, then remove (un-equip) it, and the antiviral continues to work. There doesn't appear to be any reason to keep it equipped once you use it. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

Interestingly, you can equip (wear) it, activate (use) it, then remove (un-equip) it, and the antiviral continues to work. There doesn't appear to be any reason to keep it equipped once you use it. 🤔

unless of course you happen to be fighting one of the plagued world bosses, which remove the buff.

side note: not sure if this is new, but recently I found that ranged can stand >20m away from the plagued WB's and not have their buff removed.

they really need higher level versions of this

not really, the only time to keep it equiped is figting the event wb, or the big *** boss in the op, even then, the little you lose from keeping it instead of the normal relic isn't much at all, and shouldn't make a difference while fighting. Well, in SM, definately, not sure about HM.

Edited by DarkTergon

not really, the only time to keep it equiped is figting the event wb, or the big *** boss in the op, even then, the little you lose from keeping it instead of the normal relic isn't much at all, and shouldn't make a difference while fighting. Well, in SM, definately, not sure about HM.

The Eyeless does not remove the vaccine buff, only the world bosses and the secret boss in Kaon Under Seige. So, technically, it also matters in fighting the secret boss (Midnight Rakghoul) which spawns in the Kaon Under Seige flashpoint only during the Rakghoul Resurgence events. Equipping the relic causes your average Item Rating to go down, which ends up lowering your Veteran's Edge stacks, and adversely affects the personalized loot drops from that boss.

The solution is either to have about 6 vaccines on your person and drag them to a free toolbar slot to consume during the fight, or for the devs to make a rating 306 version of the relic. I would naturally prefer the latter. It wouldn't even have to have a lot in terms of stat bonuses, since it would be nerfed in the level lock/revolster process, and those stat buffs could be inferior to those provided by the usual standard 306 relics in level 75 environments. Heck, even if it offered endurance and presence bonuses on par with, say, a 306 Serendipitous Assault relic, it still wouldn't be useful in anything other than the fights I mentioned.

Edited by phalczen

The Eyeless does not remove the vaccine buff, only the world bosses and the secret boss in Kaon Under Seige. So, technically, it also matters in fighting the secret boss (Midnight Rakghoul) which spawns in the Kaon Under Seige flashpoint only during the Rakghoul Resurgence events. Equipping the relic causes your average Item Rating to go down, which ends up lowering your Veteran's Edge stacks, and adversely affects the personalized loot drops from that boss.

The solution is either to have about 6 vaccines on your person and drag them to a free toolbar slot to consume during the fight, or for the devs to make a rating 306 version of the relic. I would naturally prefer the latter. It wouldn't even have to have a lot in terms of stat bonuses, since it would be nerfed in the level lock/revolster process, and those stat buffs could be inferior to those provided by the usual standard 306 relics in level 75 environments. Heck, even if it offered endurance and presence bonuses on par with, say, a 306 Serendipitous Assault relic, it still wouldn't be useful in anything other than the fights I mentioned.

Very good point, wasn't thinking of the irating, and veteran's edge. I guess a 306 would be useful :)