[2.8]No sniper surviablity changes or engi buff, yet sorcs & sins are buffed.

Aewu

Please tell me this isn't true. Arena is dominated by sorcs, sins, and jugs...now you want to give sniper even more abuse by buffing their anticlasses. I'm not mad, I'm just deeply upset because yesterday I had to retire my engi sniper form arena that I have been playing since season 1.

2.8 class changes was my last hope...but even that is crushed. Please don't say something like "sniper ratings are high"....go look at the servers they are from. So, sorry if you're not on bastion or pot5 then you have so easy.

EDIT: I'm not talking about a dps buff, snipers are class cannons.

@ ' go look at the servers they are from ' . Please , Sniper is the same on every Server . Some Ppl know how to properly play their Class . Conclusion > L2P your Class properly .

What are you 'upset' about ? Snipers are still viable and their DPS is just Insane . You got roll , push back , immo (3 sec) , DoT's , HoT (from Tree) , Reduce DMG buff (3 Stacks , tree) , 30 Stacks of Stealth lvl , Shield (low CD) / Eva increase (low cd) , Flash (8 sec) , Stun (4 sec) and what not more , lol .

Now let's talk about Mara's surv , can we ? We're basically 'meat walls' , once we're getting focused , it's hard or nearly impossible to get out of there alive . We're basically relying on our Healer(s) / Tank(s) to survive 'longer' in different situations .

P.S Ask me how I feel about getting 9ked on my Op from a Sniper , that's 35-40% of my HP with 1 hit .

Edited by ahzecklawd

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ ' go look at the servers they are from ' . Please , Sniper is the same on every Server . Some Ppl know how to properly play their Class . Conclusion > L2P your Class properly .

What are you 'upset' about ? Snipers are still viable and their DPS is just Insane . You got roll , push back , immo (3 sec) , DoT's , HoT (from Tree) , Reduce DMG buff (3 Stacks , tree) , 30 Stacks of Stealth lvl , Shield (low CD) / Eva increase (low cd) , Flash (8 sec) , Stun (4 sec) and what not more , lol .

Now let's talk about Mara's surv , can we ? We're basically 'meat walls' , once we're getting focused , it's hard or nearly impossible to get out of there alive . We're basically relying on our Healer(s) / Tank(s) to survive 'longer' in different situations .

P.S Ask me how I feel about getting 9ked on my Op from a Sniper , that's 35-40% of my HP with 1 hit .

Oh wait, you're serious...let me laugh a little harder.

I know the thread is old/necro'd, but the OP was talkin about arenas, not reg star matches.

I lol'd at you mentioning the "HoT" skill too. :D

Edited by Pistols

Yes.. Solo ranked leaderboards are very impressive, with Snipers and Mercs being at the bottom if you even it out.

Maras have bad defensives? lol.. it's all the other classes that got buffed/fixed. Marauders also have higher dps than Snipers, just about everyone has higher dps than Snipers :p

Poor, poor marauders.. Sorry, no sympathy to find here.

Sniper hits way too hard for what you guys are asking for, some crazy defensive cooldowns on top of the 5 we already have. And yes, I have both a sniper and a gunslinger and have played all 3 trees for quite a while now.

Only snipers and maras have 5 dcds, since they have only dps trees. To give them another would be a slippery slope and probably an irreversible one. And having played marksmanship since the white damage buff went in, I can tell you if survivability gets boosted at all, the damage needs to come down. Has to.

Sniper hits way too hard for what you guys are asking for, some crazy defensive cooldowns on top of the 5 we already have. And yes, I have both a sniper and a gunslinger and have played all 3 trees for quite a while now.

Only snipers and maras have 5 dcds, since they have only dps trees. To give them another would be a slippery slope and probably an irreversible one. And having played marksmanship since the white damage buff went in, I can tell you if survivability gets boosted at all, the damage needs to come down. Has to.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying, but when it comes to arenas (especially rankeds - with the notion players know how to play that is), Snipers/GS tend to lose out due to inferior DCD's compared to other DPS classes. Other than say, Mando/Merc, the DCD's we have to employ are really not "all that great" in these types of matches. I think what needs to happen, is not to "add" another DCD for these classes, but to re-work them to get them on par with others.

Sniper/GS are glass cannons for 1 true spec, SS/MM, the other 2 specs not so much, as the others require decent "ramp up" time. I think many would trade some CC invulnerability for improved DCD's when it comes to arena PvP, I know I would, cause it's frustrating as h3ll seeing other DPS classes have oh chit buttons whereas we get facerolled. Even with SS/MM going in, that damage can be mitigated with other DCD's in arenas since it's such a quick fight (on average), especially when you throw in the CC factor. This is just my opinion with this class, and has no bearing on "regular maps or regular matches", rankeds only.

Edited by Pistols

Glass cannons is a broken concept from the get go. Turrets are always the most heavily armored and defended assets on a battlefield, (tanks, pillboxes) or are placed out of range of melee-infantry (artillery ).

It's also easy to forget melee has powerful ranged attacks as well as plentiful gap closers. Simply describing confrontations as ranged vs melee is not accurate.

It's doubly broken in SWTOR because "glass cannons" don't do appreciably more damage than any other class. The other classes in pve would never allow it. And then is additionally penalized by immobility, plus lackluster DCDs that don't have a health replacement componant (ED, Battle Readiness, Kolto, Self healing abilities, or stealth abilities, etc). This makes the class especially vulnerable to burst dmg and focus fire. This is common knowledge which is why they are the favorite target of stealth and are first focused in arena.

Only reasonable question is why are fixes so long in coming?

Edited by MotorCityMan

Oh wait, you're serious...let me laugh a little harder.

I know the thread is old/necro'd, but the OP was talkin about arenas, not reg star matches.

I lol'd at you mentioning the "HoT" skill too. :D

Invalid Comment .

1st . I was talking about Arena's (Show me the line where I mentioned something else) .

2nd . The HoT is noticeable , specially in 1v1 situations . Compare Mara's Heal with Sniper's HoT and you'll notice yourself . (Sniper's HoT = 100% Proc while Mara's Heal is based on Crit from DoT .)

3rd . You could've checked Dulfy , instead of wasting your OWN time and posting a pointless comment .

@ Svii , I would gladly 1v1 you (or any Mara you know) on my Sniper , just to prove my Point . Pm me your server ;) .

Cheers ;)

Edited by ahzecklawd

That's it, 1v1 is not the problem. It's ranked meta where a sniper is demolished if the other team decides to. Snipers defensive's aren't that strong in short bursts, it adds up over time.

Don't even mention the HoT, it's barely noticable.

Invalid Comment .

1st . I was talking about Arena's (Show me the line where I mentioned something else) .

2nd . The HoT is noticeable , specially in 1v1 situations

2nd . The HoT is noticeable , specially in 1v1 situations

:rolleyes:

Edited by eerinbastile

Invalid Comment .

2nd . The HoT is noticeable , specially in 1v1 situations . Compare Mara's Heal with Sniper's HoT and you'll notice yourself . (Sniper's HoT = 100% Proc while Mara's Heal is based on Crit from DoT .)

3rd . You could've checked Dulfy , instead of wasting your OWN time and posting a pointless comment .

@ Svii , I would gladly 1v1 you (or any Mara you know) on my Sniper , just to prove my Point . Pm me your server ;) .

Cheers ;)

1. The thread created is in regards to ARENAS, if you were not window licking when replying, you would understand this is why you're getting laughed at. So in short, you're off topic, but also contradicting yourself (see the reply above).

2. The HoT....lemme laugh a little harder...still.

3. I don't need to rely on Dulfy's site to know this class....or Mara/Sentinels....your opinion is still invalid.

4. Lol @ 1 vs 1 anyone...wow now I am convinced you're a drooler, since that has ZERO bearing on what you said before, but I bet your midichlorian count is super cereal! But hey, come to Harbinger and I'll gladly match my toon up with you. :rak_03:

5. Nobody has EVER said that Snipers/GS's are NOT viable in non-arena matches (show me where anyone HERE in this thread has said as much) and those that have don't know how to play. For you to think Mara's are "meat walls" compared to Snipers/GS's tells me you have a major lrn2play issue.

Edited by Pistols