Clone Wars S05E18 The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

SNCommand

Your right beni,

I'm re watching the episode now, and some things appear very suspicious.

The holo recording played to prove ahsokas guilt only shows her with her hands pointed at letta, it doesn't show the start when Ashoka is there with he arms crossed intently listening when she starts to get choked.

Their resistance to Anakin also makes me suspicious of them, who would act so aggressive to a general and stick to and admirals orders so intently? I get Tarken is military and skywalker is a Jedi, but still....

Makes me think, is Tarkin in on this? I mean Tarkin looked almost smug when Ashoka was arrested. And the way he marched down to see her with his guards looked like some sort of victory march. He wasn't like "I find it hard to believe a Jedi could do something like this, but the facts are clear, I'm afraid we must keep you in custody...blah blah blah" he was more like "ha ha, you got arrested! you got arrested!" :D And Tarkin was very close to Sidious...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to note, though this is pure speculation and a very quick glimpse

In the preview for the final episode, Mace Windu says something along the lines of anakin being too emotionally tied to Ahsoka to do what needs to be done.

I was actually looking to speculate about who helped Ahsoka but in the second to final clip right after Anakin says "there are going to be jedi that dissapoint us", there is a half second clip of Ahsoka fighting someone in what looks like a volcanic area, the robes are brown the face shows from the side what looks a lot like Mace Windu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsy3rFMuHlg

Check out the clips from 1:25 and stop and start a bit to see some possibilites.

Edited by kirorx

Makes me think, is Tarkin in on this? I mean Tarkin looked almost smug when Ashoka was arrested. And the way he marched down to see her with his guards looked like some sort of victory march. He wasn't like "I find it hard to believe a Jedi could do something like this, but the facts are clear, I'm afraid we must keep you in custody...blah blah blah" he was more like "ha ha, you got arrested! you got arrested!" :D And Tarkin was very close to Sidious...

Indeed.

Very suspicious....

I always hated Tarkin, just thought I'd throw that out there :p

I wanna set a few things straight though, fox wasn't in the security room, he was coming in as Ashoka was leaving... Also Rex didn't suddenly turn round and say she killed 3 clones...

He paused. And when he said it be sounded like he wished he didn't have to but he did have to....

Something to note, though this is pure speculation and a very quick glimpse

In the preview for the final episode, Mace Windu says something along the lines of anakin being too emotionally tied to Ahsoka to do what needs to be done.

I was actually looking to speculate about who helped Ahsoka but in the second to final clip right after Anakin says "there are going to be jedi that dissapoint us", there is a half second clip of Ahsoka fighting someone in what looks like a volcanic area, the robes are brown the face shows from the side what looks a lot like Mace Windu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsy3rFMuHlg

Check out the clips from 1:25 and stop and start a bit to see some possibilites.

Those aren't windus robes.... :L

But, I swear there is a scene there where the council are on podiums and she's there with them.... She goes on trial maybe?

Indeed.

Very suspicious....

I always hated Tarkin, just thought I'd throw that out there :p

I wanna set a few things straight though, fox wasn't in the security room, he was coming in as Ashoka was leaving... Also Rex didn't suddenly turn round and say she killed 3 clones...

He paused. And when he said it be sounded like he wished he didn't have to but he did have to....

Hmmm, that is a point, just noticed that. Still, someone must have sabotaged the recording before the troopers were attacked. And that station was under constant guard.

Also it seems a bit of a coincidence that just after Ashoka activated the comlink, Fox came running. Its possible that Fox had linked his comlink to her's so he would know when she escaped, hence why he came in immediately. I mean where was he? Just walking down the corridor and happened to come back?

However he did chase Ashoka and start shooting immediately, with I assume the intention of killing. Oh and Rex paused by Fox didn't actually pause at all, he just knelt down and gave the order pretty sternly and firmly. See here at 2:05 - and altogether he was pretty antagonistic towards Ashoka and didn't call of the kill order. Oh and the way he said 'copy that' at 1:40, he sounded angry.

And Kirorx, I can barely see that figure but I think it might be Ventress.

EDIT: Fox had the key card, I don't know if there was more than one, but I doubt it.

EDIT: 'Fox' is a sly name... just like 'Slick' :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Hmmm, that is a point, just noticed that. Still, someone must have sabotaged the recording before the troopers were attacked. And that station was under constant guard.

And Kirorx, I can barely see that figure but I think it might be Ventress.

EDIT: Fox had the key card, I don't know if there was more than one, but I doubt it.

EDIT: 'Fox' is a sly name... just like 'Slick' :p

Yeh I still think fox is suspect número uno

There's more than one.

Fox wasn't with tarkin, and one of the clones that was opened the cell....

Oh and btw, I gotta go, won't reply for a couple hours :p

Those aren't windus robes.... :L

But, I swear there is a scene there where the council are on podiums and she's there with them.... She goes on trial maybe?

I definitally think she will get caught. I don't think she will die but then again , who knows......Seems like what ever a trailer indicates at first glance is usually not the case.

Ventress, I feel confident will help Ahsoka, she seems to have become an anti-hero lately. Like i stated in a previous post, she may be very well informed about the war and so forth.

I hope this will be the end for Ahsoka, maybe execution by the republic or killed by either a jedi or the emperor himself. Something that creates a rift or distrust for Anakin and his views on the Jedi.

I like Ahsoka, but her fate is sealed, as are most characters in the series. Having her survive to episode 3 would leave too many unanswered questions.

All this imperial stuff really makes me think the emperor will show himself as a sith again in these next two episodes.

Edited by kirorx

I definitally think she will get caught. I don't think she will die but then again , who knows......Seems like what ever a trailer indicates at first glance is usually not the case.

Ventress, I feel confident will help Ahsoka, she seems to have become an anti-hero lately. Like i stated in a previous post, she may be very well informed about the war and so forth.

I hope this will be the end for Ahsoka, maybe execution by the republic or killed by either a jedi or the emperor himself. Something that creates a rift or distrust for Anakin and his views on the Jedi.

I like Ahsoka, but her fate is sealed, as are most characters in the series. Having her survive to episode 3 would leave too many unanswered questions.

All this imperial stuff really makes me think the emperor will show himself as a sith again in these next two episodes.

It is possible that Sidious could have been planning this whole thing from the start. Sidious could have been behind the attack on the Temple in order to undermine the Order, and maybe he planned on having Ashoka framed for the attack so the Jedi would turn against her. Losing an Padawan that you knew was innocent is hard enough, but losing it to the very institution you serve is going to distance Anakin from the Order, and push him into the arms of the dark side and Sidious even more.

This may be just my imagination but I think that the Jedi Asoka was talking to before the war meeting (Luminara's padawan, can't remember her name) is the dark jedi. She was trained by Luminara who is highly traditionalist and therefore probably not in favor of the war. She also seemed very troubled by the fact that Asoka was investigating the explosion( they are friends, she does not want Asoka to be the one who is framed?) of course we know this is the start of the Ventress arc so she may just be helping Ventress, but I don't think Ventress masterminded the explosion, I think Asoka will encounter her in the underworld, she was a bounty hunter last we saw. Just my thoughts.

Written on an iPhone, forgive grammar/punctuation please

My overall prediction.

This is based off what i saw in the trailer and compared to other trailers and what we expect historically from the series.

I put aside my personaly fanboy wish list of possibilities :cool:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ventress helps Ahsoka; Ventress has been a (kinda) good guy lately so i doubt she is in league with Sith.

Ashoka finds out it was Barriss (Too much of her looking off into the distance to just be ignored)

Ahsoka gets caught or gives herself up and proves her innocence.

Ahsoka is conflicted because her friend is guilty,

Ahsoka lives.

THE END. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by kirorx

This may be just my imagination but I think that the Jedi Asoka was talking to before the war meeting (Luminara's padawan, can't remember her name) is the dark jedi. She was trained by Luminara who is highly traditionalist and therefore probably not in favor of the war. She also seemed very troubled by the fact that Asoka was investigating the explosion( they are friends, she does not want Asoka to be the one who is framed?) of course we know this is the start of the Ventress arc so she may just be helping Ventress, but I don't think Ventress masterminded the explosion, I think Asoka will encounter her in the underworld, she was a bounty hunter last we saw. Just my thoughts.

Written on an iPhone, forgive grammar/punctuation please

I think you could well be right, she looked very uncomfortable and suspicious in that scene. And I could see her being anti-war. But I don't think she was acting alone, maybe Sidious manipulated her of something...

I see a lot of people suggesting Barriss Offee, would be a major retcon, but would also be very helpful in explaining Anakin's mistrust in the Jedi, would also explain why she showed up in Attack of the Clones but not Revenge of the Sith

I think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it happened

I feel like that would be sorta lame...but eh its possible.
I think it would be cool. In many ways she's the Jedi you would least suspect (at least from an in-universe perspective) and if it is her I'd really like to know her motives and thinking behind it - she seems quite troubled - as well as the impact it has on Ashoka and Anakin.

Random question, where's Obi Wan in all this? Is this the same time as the Maul arc?

I think it would be cool. In many ways she's the Jedi you would least suspect (at least from an in-universe perspective) and if it is her I'd really like to know her motives and thinking behind it - she seems quite troubled - as well as the impact it has on Ashoka and Anakin.

Random question, where's Obi Wan in all this? Is this the same time as the Maul arc?

Well its just, she seems to be the obvious suspect is all I am getting at so for it to be her, it would just be kinda well a "DUH" moment.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well its just, she seems to be the obvious suspect is all I am getting at so for it to be her, it would just be kinda well a "DUH" moment.
I wouldn't say so. I mean I only started to suspect her after I started discussing it on these forums, and even them it would seem a suprise. I mean the only reason I think its her is because she looked kind of suspicious in that episode, nothing else. Sure she seems all pro peacekeeping, but not strongly so, and it hasn't been something strongly stressed throughout the series.

And even if it is her, lets face it, thats just the tip of the iceberg. Is she working alone? Is she a pawn of Sidious? What made her do it? What's going to happen to her? Is she working with Ventress? What's Ventress got to do with this? Did she frame Ashoka? If so why, and how come Ashoka didn't sense her? Or was she only responsible for Ashoka's escape? Is she working with Tarkin? Is she working with Fox? Has she turned to the dark side? Does she know she's turned to the darkside? I could go on... and on... and on... :D

I wouldn't say so. I mean I only started to suspect her after I started discussing it on these forums, and even them it would seem a suprise. I mean the only reason I think its her is because she looked kind of suspicious in that episode, nothing else. Sure she seems all pro peacekeeping, but not strongly so, and it hasn't been something strongly stressed throughout the series.

And even if it is her, lets face it, thats just the tip of the iceberg. Is she working alone? Is she a pawn of Sidious? What made her do it? What's going to happen to her? Is she working with Ventress? What's Ventress got to do with this? Did she frame Ashoka? If so why, and how come Ashoka didn't sense her? Or was she only responsible for Ashoka's escape? Is she working with Tarkin? Is she working with Fox? Has she turned to the dark side? Does she know she's turned to the darkside? I could go on... and on... and on... :D

Eh point taken.

Beni, I'm pretty sure obi-wan is leading the relic defence of salukami and it's surrounding systems......

Also, personally I believe you guys are wrong, I just can't see Barris being the one who did it, you've got to remember a close friend of hers (maybe more than friend,) died in this bombing, yet she also shares similar, less radical views as the person who did it. Anyone in their right mind wold be conflicted.......

Most if my posts are also written on iPad/iPhone so forgive my mistake too :p

Edit: see what I Mean? Relic = Republic

Edited by Selenial

Beni, I'm pretty sure obi-wan is leading the relic defence of salukami and it's surrounding systems......

Also, personally I believe you guys are wrong, I just can't see Barris being the one who did it, you've got to remember a close friend of hers (maybe more than friend,) died in this bombing, yet she also shares similar, less radical views as the person who did it. Anyone in their right mind wold be conflicted.......

Most if my posts are also written on iPad/iPhone so forgive my mistake too :p

Edit: see what I Mean? Relic = Republic

Relic defense? Stupid droids going after those relics! JK :D

I agree. I don't think it was Barris. I don't know who did it, but Ahsoka seems pretty sincere in her innocence. It could have been Maul, but I doubt it. Maybe it was Cad Bane?! Probably not, but that would be cool if it were.

I'm just spitballin' here. Don't mind me! :)

It's not Barriss. As someone already said, that would be a major retcon which is really unlikely to happen. Also, she was originally supposed to appear in Episode 3 but was cut, but canon still states she died in Order 66...

Anyway, there's one thing that seems strange. When Anakin barged into that prison demanding to see Ahsoka, I was sure he would bust in past the clones and break her out. Instead he followed the Code, and when asked by Ahsoka why he did so he answered something along the lines of "Think how it would look...".

Point being, it's tough to reconcile this mature Jedi with Anakin "I can't live without her" Skywalker.

Relic defense? Stupid droids going after those relics! JK :D

I agree. I don't think it was Barris. I don't know who did it, but Ahsoka seems pretty sincere in her innocence. It could have been Maul, but I doubt it. Maybe it was Cad Bane?! Probably not, but that would be cool if it were.

I'm just spitballin' here. Don't mind me! :)

Aye its better those droids be away from my dread guard relic of dark defense or something.

The cast mentioned that cad bane wont apear on this season. Most likely in the next one though with Boba fett.

We know Ventress is involved but i recon it wont be her.

It's not Barriss. As someone already said, that would be a major retcon which is really unlikely to happen. Also, she was originally supposed to appear in Episode 3 but was cut, but canon still states she died in Order 66...

Anyway, there's one thing that seems strange. When Anakin barged into that prison demanding to see Ahsoka, I was sure he would bust in past the clones and break her out. Instead he followed the Code, and when asked by Ahsoka why he did so he answered something along the lines of "Think how it would look...".

Point being, it's tough to reconcile this mature Jedi with Anakin "I can't live without her" Skywalker.

I don't think they are afraid to retcon Barriss after all the scene where she died before was cut and the scene with Shak Ti that was cut was forgotten and now Canon has Shak Ti don't against star killer

I put my prediction a page back and I don't want to happen that way and I would rather see something completely awesome, I feel the predictable will occur. Hope I am wrong TBH

Written from I phone so sorry about spelling and stuff

I don't think they are afraid to retcon Barriss after all the scene where she died before was cut and the scene with Shak Ti that was cut was forgotten and now Canon has Shak Ti don't against star killer

I put my prediction a page back and I don't want to happen that way and I would rather see something completely awesome, I feel the predictable will occur. Hope I am wrong TBH

Written from I phone so sorry about spelling and stuff

Fair enough. It's just that her character is well enough established in the Expanded Universe (read "The Approaching Storm" for instance) that her being some kind of double-agent wouldn't be consistent with everything else we've seen from her.