OP's and Sorcerers someone explain pls

Aramtrueshot

Ok, so I will admit a majority of my fights as an operative are against sorcerers.. on my server I would guess in pvp a good 40% + of the pvp players are sorcerers.

With the incoming nerf will someone please explain how a 6th level ability for the ops can be totally negated by a 4th level ability the sorcerers can get?

Jarring strike WAAAAY up the talent tree (6 levels) is now 1.5 second stun that will fill up the resolve bar (re: silly). Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?

So I open on a sorcerer, to maybe get 1k to 2k of damage if I crit (bubble absorbs 2500 I hear.. someone might enlighten me on this). I get blinded for 3 seconds and can do nothing, sorcerer gets up after 1.5 seconds, immune to all crowd control. Can get range.. root, stun, run away, re bubble etc... If I do break the blind, then I am re-crowd controlled because his ability did not fill the resolve bar.

Why on earth would I ever want to use jarring strike? Why does it cost so much now, and why is it so easily negated now?

I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around this nerf on the ability...

1) Make it not fill the resolve bar, yes we will then stun.. but after the initial stun, which uses a GC and does lowered damage the fight is on... and you can break it.

2) Make jarring strike a root. Make it not fill the bar up, but make it root for 3 to 4 seconds. And move it down on the talent tree...

3) Replace the neutered jarring strike with something else that is an escape, or a talent that allows cloaking screen to wipe all bad effects upon use. That way we can use evasions for more than just a button we click before we combat cloak.

This change to jarring strike and doing nothing more than just nerfing it, really confuses me. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the class works, how the flow of pvp goes, and most disturbing a serious lack of thought or creativity.

Am I wrong? I just know now whenever I meet a sorc with backlash its already frustrating.. now its useless.

I don't even know what to think. Not only does the "bubble blind" not cause full resolve, their 5 second stun doesn't either. Add to this their AoE knockback and perma-snare force lightning, I don't see why they aren't being nerfed as hard as Ops are. Don't even get me started on Tracer/Grav round spam that does more damage than a 9 second cooldown backstab..........

That's a great solution..

2 problems:

1) They make up a vast majority of the pvp population.

2) If there was anything that resembled open world pvp, I might be able to avoid some fights.

(Yes I know, you probably weren't serious.. but hey... the developers might actually think you were.) That's if they read these threads.

Ok, so I will admit a majority of my fights as an operative are against sorcerers.. on my server I would guess in pvp a good 40% + of the pvp players are sorcerers.

With the incoming nerf will someone please explain how a 6th level ability for the ops can be totally negated by a 4th level ability the sorcerers can get?

Jarring strike WAAAAY up the talent tree (6 levels) is now 1.5 second stun that will fill up the resolve bar (re: silly). Backlash a level 4 talent will blind for 3 seconds everyone when the bubble bursts. And it does not fill up the resolve bar.. Huh?

So I open on a sorcerer, to maybe get 1k to 2k of damage if I crit (bubble absorbs 2500 I hear.. someone might enlighten me on this). I get blinded for 3 seconds and can do nothing, sorcerer gets up after 1.5 seconds, immune to all crowd control. Can get range.. root, stun, run away, re bubble etc... If I do break the blind, then I am re-crowd controlled because his ability did not fill the resolve bar.

Why on earth would I ever want to use jarring strike? Why does it cost so much now, and why is it so easily negated now?

I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around this nerf on the ability...

1) Make it not fill the resolve bar, yes we will then stun.. but after the initial stun, which uses a GC and does lowered damage the fight is on... and you can break it.

2) Make jarring strike a root. Make it not fill the bar up, but make it root for 3 to 4 seconds. And move it down on the talent tree...

3) Replace the neutered jarring strike with something else that is an escape, or a talent that allows cloaking screen to wipe all bad effects upon use. That way we can use evasions for more than just a button we click before we combat cloak.

This change to jarring strike and doing nothing more than just nerfing it, really confuses me. It shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how the class works, how the flow of pvp goes, and most disturbing a serious lack of thought or creativity.

Am I wrong? I just know now whenever I meet a sorc with backlash its already frustrating.. now its useless.

You stand on your soapbox spouting drivel, talking about two and three different trees/types of sorces. No sorce can get all the utility you just described, nor can they use the skills as fast as you claim, might want to play one before pouting.

I get this from your post, as long as you are winning, you are fine with everything, if you get your butt kicked then the folks doing the butt kicking need nerfed, that includes anyone in your eyes....that about cover it?

Edited by Chal

The stun effect from the bubble loses it's effect the next time you take damage with that in mind considering a sorc CANNOT crit for a 3-4+k in a single hit (sorry you got nerfed get over it) you can go right back to attacking the squishy target you were before it's not like he/she can drop you right after the stun (like operatives could before the patch).

Your rant is just (THEY NERFED X SO THEY SHOULD NERF Y) finger pointing.

PvP is such a joke in this game. I came to it to play PvP. I therefore will quit after this month.

I don't care if you don't care, it's all irrelevant. You can surely agree however in it's current state, PvP is a joke and the changes the devs make show they have no idea at all.

i'm sage healer... and i'll say... it's really hard ti survive against any GoodGeared skilled DPS class on open grounds...

But if DPS class are noob or we fighting not on open ground, but on location with corners etc... where i can hide from him for aditional 1-2 sec to not be interupted... it allmost imposible to kill skilled SageHealer.

Shure... of you want as it was earlyer to strike against 2DPS + 1 healer kill 1dps or healer in few seconds then go into the shadow, it's not imposible...

But 1v1 you have all chances if you'll overplay your target.

learn their mechanics...

Try to play Sorcers or sages. And you'l see how to kill them.. you'll see the pluses and minuses if these class...

You can stealth... you can chose you'r target you can chose situation for attack...

Like if Sorc|Sage just put Bubble on himself that mean 20sec he will be without bubble...

They have got Lowest armor raiting from all classes...

and 1 more clue... DO NOT alone attack target(sage healer) with Tank protection buff... only CC it...

Edited by AlexanderGL

First thing Operative is not OP as a class... its all about Bioware failure. GAME is totaly LAGED on SKILLS and animation. When you making jaggering strike and player immediately used escape he still must wait till animation over because in this game ANIMATION got priority above skill use. That delay is an issue which cant be fixen by NERFING operatives or any other class. THEY should FIX SKILL LAG first and then look at balance. Today upcoming patch will only bring more whining about how UNBALANCED and LAGY that game is. Of course there will be some players that are happy because those bad operatives are nefred but...hey...now that bad marauder is killing meh!...nerf

him!....or wait... sorcressor dare to cast lightning on meh! neeeeeeerf! :eek: BH are fine and even underpowered (because me saying that!) I played BH...its so exciting and refreshing to send legions of enemies to their God.

TBH most of my friends already quit game and rest of them waiting until subrscription ends and if Bioware didnt bother to fix that LAGS it will be pointless to continue playing. There are classes based on perfect timing to make serious damage and we see that even perfectly used skills doesnt give sure that those skill will be casted. In pvp i expect that my enemy will use brain and some counter spells to take advantage over me, if he wont use it, he will be dead. In most pvp based mmo's predicting enemy moves can give you some advantage over opponent - here skills are affected by lag and nerfing wont help.

Btw How many times in PvP/PVE fight You stand in place with low HP just before Your death like 2-6 seconds and was unable to use any skill and then Suddenly died.

This game will be killed by SKILL LAG if they wont fix it fast.

Thank You for reading i hope You agree with my points of wiev.

FIX LAGS, THEN BALANCE CLASSES!

Edited by xkanne

mballz nice name did u just say a sourc cannot hit for 3 to 4 k in a single strike bahahahahahahahahaha DUDE lighnting over the 4sec period hits me in full champ gear between 3500 to 6000 or higher if they spec in that tree. Just because the numbers come in sets of 3 dosent mean that the skill hits for less .If i get hit by lightning it looks like this 1500 2200 1500,or 2200,1500,1500.If they spec up the tree then it looks like this 1800,2500,1800.So iget stunned zapped by lighnting then another sourc comes and he stuns me and zaps me again then the other finished me off and i have been able to do nothing because i already used all my cds. Edited by Wickedluck

bubble stun.... really... its your flashbang... except it only works melee range you need to waste 2 points for it and it only works when someone is already tearing you apart. oh and it breaks on damage instantly. yeah bro your tears make me happy.

snare is op... yeah son it is being a 30 point talent and doing yet again 200 dmg a tick watch out for them snares and epic madness dps... OH wait... them heavy classes have 20k hp and madness dots tick for 200-400(crits) dmg NVM bro. you can just ignore sorc and their dots and just /laugh at them because by the time they do enough damage to kill someone past level 10 you could kill them with your regular cost free auto shot.

sorc can just break out of your stun??!?! really??? so.... why exactly cant you break out of sorc ungodly super stun yourself too?

ever seen a sorc drop someone in single knockdown? no? thats because they dont hit for 4k normally and can outright smack you for 10k when buffed to no end.

but do keep trying to whine because your iwin class got lowered down a bit.

when slicing got nerfed people whined too... they got over it... and apparently it still makes you money. while my diplomacy just eats money. go figure

mballz nice name did u just say a sourc cannot hit for 3 to 4 k in a single strike bahahahahahahahahaha DUDE lighnting over the 4sec period hits me in full champ gear between 3500 to 6000 or higher if they spec in that tree. Just because the numbers come in sets of 3 dosent mean that the skill hits for less .If i get hit by lightning it looks like this 1500 2200 1500,or 2200,1500,1500.If they spec up the tree then it looks like this 1800,2500,1800.So iget stunned zapped by lighnting then another sourc comes and he stuns me and zaps me again then the other finished me off and i have been able to do nothing because i already used all my cds.

all i heard is zap zap i got ganked by 3 sorc that have force lightning hitting for 6k... RIGHT.

You stand on your soapbox spouting drivel, talking about two and three different trees/types of sorces. No sorce can get all the utility you just described, nor can they use the skills as fast as you claim, might want to play one before pouting.

I get this from your post, as long as you are winning, you are fine with everything, if you get your butt kicked then the folks doing the butt kicking need nerfed, that includes anyone in your eyes....that about cover it?

you guys *****hed and moaned about OPs...now everyone has finished with them and are on to you and Mercs.....get ready....you have seen how hard they swing the nerf bat.

you guys *****hed and moaned about OPs...now everyone has finished with them and are on to you and Mercs.....get ready....you have seen how hard they swing the nerf bat.

its blizzard all over again. but if it really is blizzard then the more popular(bigger forum whiner base) class will stay safe.

besides i can hardly see what u can nerf about sorc and not made a whole class a joke. ops throwing fountains of tears because they cant 2 shot ppl anymore is all touching and all but it will die down faster then slicing qq.

The game has been out a month, I am not one to defend the pvp, as I agree... it is aweful, but I have also fell victim to being killed in a stun from a operative from 80% with 13% expertise.

Resolve is an aweful system, with some obvious (and I mean blatantly obvious) room for improvement, to where it works like DR. Outside from the fact that seemingly 50-60% of stuns don't even add to your resolve bar, warrior snare goes through full resolve (via charge), and full resolve doesn't break current CC's so if you've been stunned for 4-5 seconds, you will probobly die before resolve even does anything. The fact that I can be stunned for 20 seconds and not feel an effect from resolve is just poor design, and I'm sure we can all expect a change to the mechanic.

With all this being said, this only really bothers me in Hutt Ball, in which is only enjoyable for Juggernaughts and Sorcerors anyways.

I don't even know what to think. Not only does the "bubble blind" not cause full resolve, their 5 second stun doesn't either. Add to this their AoE knockback and perma-snare force lightning, I don't see why they aren't being nerfed as hard as Ops are. Don't even get me started on Tracer/Grav round spam that does more damage than a 9 second cooldown backstab..........

Simple, More people play sorcs. Ea's backing this game, get used to it.

I whole-heartedly agree. Now that the babies got their way with one class, it's on like donkey kong for these mouth-breathers. Welcome to nerftopia, land of the salty tears!

The stun effect from the bubble loses it's effect the next time you take damage with that in mind considering a sorc CANNOT crit for a 3-4+k in a single hit (sorry you got nerfed get over it) you can go right back to attacking the squishy target you were before it's not like he/she can drop you right after the stun (like operatives could before the patch).

Your rant is just (THEY NERFED X SO THEY SHOULD NERF Y) finger pointing.

Couple points on this...

1) The effect does lose its effect if hit.. but that happens rarely unless there is area effect going on.. which usually means I was popped out of stealth anyways. A 3 second blind that does not fill the resolve bar is vastly superior to a 1.5 second stun that fills the resolve bar completely.

2) You do not get back to attacking the squishy, because they will use that time to get range, snare, root or stun.. (because the resolve bar is not full) and begin kiting.

Where the talents exist on the trees, is disproportional to what they do if this nerf goes through. All I am saying is change the effect to a root, or move it elsewhere and give us something in its spot that helps with survivability.. not more dmg. Or make it not fill the resolve bar. Is there any 1.5 second stun in this game that fills the resolve bar?

btw- Let me clarify, not asking for a sorcerer nerf when it comes to the bubble, just asking for something different on jarring strike.. IF it goes through as is. I think Sorc's will get nerfed for other reasons.. but my point was to just show that the new jarring strike does not belong on the talent tree where its currently at.

Edited by Aramtrueshot