Is there anyone that could help me get geared?

I currently have columi on mostly and im looking to get some better gear. Im not looking to join a guild i just want some people that i can run with that know what they are doing and can teach me about the different ops.

I play on the Jedi Covenant Server-Empire

Name is Onasty

Edited by mikefortheTKO
didnt mention server

Do you have some thing against joining a guild? As to be honest it's going to be hard for you to get what you're looking for without one., and if you manage to get the gear you're still not going to get a PUG for EC/TfB HM...unless you're really lucky and some people feel charitable.

For the record, I run EC/TfB HM with non-guild groups all the time. I rarely do it on my main though (due to lockout issues with my main guild), and I generally only do it with people I know quite well and have run with before. So, I was still a PuG member of their group, but not exactly out of gen chat.

My advice to the OP is as follows: invest is a really good friends list. PuG flashpoints a *lot* and be awesome at it. Be that one guy who goes above and beyond. Your best bet to shine is in Lost Island, since everything else has been nerfed hard-core and no one notices real effort. When you see people "LFM" for your role in gen chat, jump at the chance. Again, be awesome. Learn every fight in the game. Learn your class and its itemization. Never, ever pester someone to take you on an op.

It takes time, but you will build up a reputation. Generally, the way this works is you will start regularly running with one group or another. You will be their "go to" person to fill a slot, and eventually even make it onto their A list (if you continue being really dependable). If you find a good enough group, you might eventually start getting into harder and more progressive content.

This is, to put it mildly, the hard way. I did this back in the day (shortly after launch) with my first 50, and it was a lot of work. Just join a guild. It's much, much easier.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

So you want some of the benefits of joining a guild, like a safe environment to learn the fights and get easily geared up, without joining a guild. I see.

What server are you on ?

I totally agree with this. It is much easier to guild up and then gear up man. I like keyboardnija's post and he has a good idea. But by the time you impliment that it will take months to build a decent rep, the new gear you aquire will be obsolite. Raid leaders want a group that has experiance working as a team on the hardest content. Its just not who mas min/max gear, a quality player is esental. So my guild has a "A" team that does the content progressin and a "B" squad to work on getting gear to rotate into the "A" team. I assume most guilds have a similar system inplace to regularly clear the hardest content.

Unless you wish to go the elite WH route, some people find it acceptable to do EC HM in WH or WH elite. Seroiusly just guild up.